Proposal: Mega trade: Price, Galchenyuk for Draisaitl, Talbot, 1st and cap dump

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
Carey price is worth more than Talbot, and if oilers want a franchise goalie they have to trade a franchise player

The difference between Price and talbot is not 6.5M.

No NHL GM would ever in their right mind give up assets to acquire a goalie that is on his first year of a 8 year 10.5M deal Carry Price or not.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
*two

I'm not advocating for any trade and I'm not a true Oiler fan. I don't think anyone is so valuable, Talbot is a goaltender, so by default he isn't worth that much. Talbot isn't the part I have the problem with.

Its the fact that you think price is worth a 22 year old, 6'2", 220 lb, center/wing, strong defensively, that was top 10 in league wide scoring, and has 3rd OA pedigree. Price not only isn't worth one of the most valuable pieces on the Oilers and imo the NHL, it is questionable if he has positive value at all with his contract.

I'm laughing at most of these proposals as much as the next guy but now drafting pedigree is a factor? What was Yakupov's OA pedigree? Such a reliable reference.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
To Edmonton:

Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk
Cap relief

To Montréal:

Leon Draisaitl
Cam Talbot
First round pick

Edmonton gets a great shooting winger, a franchise goalie and some cap relief, things that they sorely need.

Montréal gets its long awaited first line center and generic starting/backup goalie.

Thoughts? What does it lack?

Discuss.

I mean chia is awful but not even he touches this

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I'm laughing at most of these proposals as much as the next guy but now drafting pedigree is a factor? What was Yakupov's OA pedigree? Such a reliable reference.
It's just one of many things. And it is important to note in a young player, their success is more expected and thus more likely to continue than a 4th round pick who many would regard as a one time wonder.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Pass from the Oilers. Price's contract is bloasted. Leon is not part of the problem he's the only other good player on the Oilers other than McDavid.

Montreal is adding, Edmonton's not bailing them out so easily.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Pass from the Oilers. Price's contract is bloasted. Leon is not part of the problem he's the only other good player on the Oilers other than McDavid.

Montreal is adding, Edmonton's not bailing them out so easily.
Amazing how many Habs fans refuse to accept that teams will not be furiously bidding against each other, to land a 30 year old goalie with an albatross contract.
I think it was Friedman who said teams don't mind paying scorers huge $ , but they balk at paying goalies those type of $.

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
I come here just for the Price trade props. Good laugh.

It makes me wonder if the mtl fan base has just been so sold in Price, they don’t realize the reality.

Players are getting paid for what they’re going to do, not what they’ve done.

No way Price wins the hardware again....his contract is so bad, he’s a negative asset.

What does price get you, straight up, no retention.

Could you give Price away at this point?....I’m quite serious. You’re instantly in cap hell for 8 years after this one....and paying him 15m a year for the first two years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad