To Edmonton:

Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk
Cap relief

To Montréal:

Leon Draisaitl
Cam Talbot
First round pick

Edmonton gets a great shooting winger, a franchise goalie and some cap relief, things that they sorely need.

Montréal gets its long awaited first line center and generic starting/backup goalie.

Thoughts? What does it lack?

Discuss.

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
To Edmonton:

Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk
Cap relief

To Montréal:

Leon Draisaitl
Cam Talbot
First round pick

Edmonton gets a great shooting winger, a franchise goalie and some cap relief, things that they sorely need.

Montréal gets its long awaited first line center and generic starting/backup goalie.

Discuss.
say no to drugs there bad for you man

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Uh...No?
The first is on the wrong side unless you find a way to take back Russell and Fayne....

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Wouldn't trade Talbs alone for price unless Price is retained by ~2 million.
Abundance of good goalies in this league.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Price to Talbot upgrade isn't worth the difference in contract between these two..at best they are equal value at this point.

So you're basically trading Galchenyuk for Drai + 1st. lol

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

MoistDadBod

Apr 3, 2017
Down East
To Edmonton:

Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk
Cap relief

To Montréal:

Leon Draisaitl
Cam Talbot
First round pick

Discuss.

Allow me to counter offer

To Edmonton:

A bag of pucks

To Montreal:

Lucic

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
No. Draisaitl isn't available and Price makes no sense as a target for Edmonton.

If the Habs are gonna blow it up ill think about some packages of future assets for Patches though.

MoistDadBod

Apr 3, 2017
Down East
Plus, to be fair, 60 minutes of elite play has more value than 18 minutes of elite play.

Not when that 60 minutes of "elite" play comes from an almost over the hill perpetually injured 10.5 million dollar GOALTENDER under contract until he's 38.

This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen on here. You're not serious are you? Like really?

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Drai is easily the most valuable piece there and you have Edmonton adding?

Ed says hell no.

Sysez

Jun 14, 2011
Everywhere, World.
Not when that 60 minutes of "elite" play comes from an almost over the hill perpetually injured 10.5 million dollar GOALTENDER under contract until he's 38.

This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen on here. You're not serious are you? Like really?

He's not, he's very consistent. He just happens to be in a rare slump, it happens even to the best of them. Remember the slumps of Ovechkin and Crosby?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Don't need Gally and his issues. Having two of the most expensive players in the league in Connor and Price probably isn't a good foundation for building a structurally cap sound team. Sure, Drai is probably overpaid by 1m or so, but he's also still basically a point-per-game player, and those guys typically aren't cheap. But if Price continues to struggle, that's an absolute albatross of a contract for way too long. No chance I'd consider this.

Mete+ would have to be added to even start to think about it for me. Even then, Price's contract is almost a complete non-starter. Maybe look to make a trade with a team that has or will actually have cap space. Honestly don't think there's a match here.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Plus, to be fair, 60 minutes of elite play has more value than 18 minutes of elite play.

what elite play? He is injured and have been crap this year.
Face it, noone will take Price at full price, not when even your own GM knows the status of Price

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This is laughable, OP. This might even be a troll. 'Generic starting/backup' goalie? Are you kidding me?

Price > Talbot, but even that's debatable when you factor in contracts
Galchenyuk <<<<< Draisaitl
Nothing <<< first round pick

There is absolutely zero incentive for Edmonton to make this trade. You simply do not have the pieces for Draisaitl.

Reactions: go4hockey

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
He's not, he's very consistent. He just happens to be in a rare slump, it happens even to the best of them. Remember the slumps of Ovechkin and Crosby?

None of the guys you named are signed to 10.5 mill until age 38 Good luck moving that contract regardless of what any team thinks of the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad