Proposal: Mega trade: Price, Galchenyuk for Draisaitl, Talbot, 1st and cap dump

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Aside from the values, which are way off--never, ever, ever pay your goalie $10m.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I think you forgot the stipulation that Edm grab both it's butt cheeks, bends over, and spread them wide to be thoroughly plowed.

The way he's playing and the way he's injured, nobody is going to touch Price with his contract unless it's practically a give away. And you think Edm is going to give up on Draisaitl, a big center that produces at a near point a game for that?

Edm is not going to move Draisaitl. They'd be foolish to unless someone offers something massively silly.

Reactions: Ctrain2k

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Don't think I'd do this as EDM even if Draisaitl is taken out.. their cap situation just can't afford Price

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
pretty bad for edmonton

the difference between price is talbot is a lot smaller than drai + 1st and galchenyuk

Change Drai to RNH and its close

Talbot, RNH, 1st

for

Price, Galchenyuk

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I’d be more open to something around:

Price
Drouin
1st

Drai
Talbot
Russel

so not only does edmonton get a way better goalie and give up a brutal contract, they get drouin and a top 5 pick for draisaitl? lol

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Yeah that is bad for Oilers. Lets make it more even:

Habs add Mete, Juulsen and Poehling, Oilers add Lucic and Bear.

Now Habs fan laughs but the feeling is mutual when analyzing first proposal.

Lock em up.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
awful for the oilers. galchenyuk has little to no value, price could very well decline, and their 1st round pick could be a good one so no way the oilers do this for the most overrated goalie rn

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’d love having Price on net but not at that cap hit. There’s to many goalies making much less that are almost as good or better then Price.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think the best you'd get is

Price + Galch + McCarron

For RNH and Lucic

IF Price had a normal contract..say between 4.5-6 mill, I could see Drai as a possibility, but not with that new contract kicking in.

OiledGun

Sep 2, 2011
so not only does edmonton get a way better goalie and give up a brutal contract, they get drouin and a top 5 pick for draisaitl? lol

Get a marginally better goalie and take on 2 mil in cap (with MTL taking the Russell contract). And then Drouin and a first for Draisaitl, I'd say that's equal.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Not when that 60 minutes of "elite" play comes from an almost over the hill perpetually injured 10.5 million dollar GOALTENDER under contract until he's 38.

This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen on here. You're not serious are you? Like really?
Don’t be so dramatic.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
pretty bad for edmonton

the difference between price is talbot is a lot smaller than drai + 1st and galchenyuk

Change Drai to RNH and its close

Talbot, RNH, 1st

for

Price, Galchenyuk
The problem with any Price trade is...and will be that ugly 10.5 million dollar cap hit.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
To Edmonton:

Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk
Cap relief

To Montréal:

Leon Draisaitl
Cam Talbot
First round pick

Edmonton gets a great shooting winger, a franchise goalie and some cap relief, things that they sorely need.

Montréal gets its long awaited first line center and generic starting/backup goalie.

Thoughts? What does it lack?

Discuss.

Canadiens fans wet dream.
Dump horrible Carey Price contract and lazy Galchenyuk for a 21 year old 1c who is a playoff beast

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
This is laughable, OP. This might even be a troll. 'Generic starting/backup' goalie? Are you kidding me?

Price > Talbot, but even that's debatable when you factor in contracts
Galchenyuk <<<<< Draisaitl
Nothing <<< first round pick

There is absolutely zero incentive for Edmonton to make this trade. You simply do not have the pieces for Draisaitl.

The Draisaitl ship sailed for Montreal when they traded Subban

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad