GDT: McTROOPER. Oilers v Jets Game Two. May 21, 7 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah. its why a lot of us were upset the Oilers didn't do more to take Game 1. Now we see the full Jets club. I was hoping Ehlers would be out for a few of the games. Dubois is a good player, and he's built for playoffs.

We need everybody on deck. You hear that Kassian?
Who's that?

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Nice that he's out there being in the moment and having fun. But not just that. He's completely dialed in to the importance of this, he was the best Oiler in game 1, the most prepared, that brought the house. Kid from Finland had more fire than anybody on the ice. I don't mind saying. He's turning into a hell of a player. More importantly the NHL is going back to a size package game. NHL hockey is going back to heavy hitting and the strong survive. Especially playoffs. Last few games I've been watching all the games, and they are all more physical than game 1 was. Tippett even mocked it. He said they must have doubled the numbers on hits because he didn't see too many.

I bet his chill, relaxed attitude while being a dialed in gamer is amazing for the locker room.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
"His eyes are ablaze...

jesse-puljujarvi-of-the-edmonton-oilers-celebrates-his-goal-against-picture-id908136074

"...see the madman in his gaze"

Edmonton-Oilers-Jesse-Puljujarvi-NHL.png

:DD

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I think they are hideous. Fine as an alternate, but as a main jersey, disgusting.

Bad voodoo wearing those vs our REAL jerseys
To me they look ok in person but not good on the ice. I'd actually really like them if the blue were a bit lighter and there was an alternate logo on the front. The classic logo just looks so wrong to me in those colors somehow. It looks like the designers barely tried.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Just listening to Stauffer say Ryan McLeod and Zack Kassian were at fault for the 1-1 goal.

Pretty sure Mike Smith let up a horrible rebound and that is why it went in. That was a nothing play until he did that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I have no idea how this team will respond and my confidence is low if the Jets continue to play a mistake free game but I do expect a better effort at least.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Khaira, Neal, Kassian. Three players I would change out of the lineup.
Maybe keep Neal in there.

Why not put in some of Nygård, Haas, Shore or Ennis instead?
Shore got some physical presence, so let him in.

Nygård got some speed. Try that?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Just listening to Stauffer say Ryan McLeod and Zack Kassian were at fault for the 1-1 goal.

Pretty sure Mike Smith let up a horrible rebound and that is why it went in.

5 guys on the ice all f***ed up for that goal to be scored.

Is one of the things Tippett had created here; defensive layers.

To get scored on now a days we typically either get an unlucky bounce or multiple guys make the wrong read. Kassian / McLeod over chased to the wrong side of the puck and made a bad change. Larsson / Kulikov horribly missplayed the 2 on 2. Smith gave up a chunky rebound and put himself out of position trying to bring it in.

Reactions: onetweasy

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Pretty sure Mike Smith let up a horrible rebound and that is why it went in. That was a nothing play until he did that.

They let a defenseman walk in uncontested, that should never happen. It was a bad rebound but the defense from all the guys, forwards and Dmen, was poor on that play.

Reactions: frag2

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
5 guys on the ice all f***ed up for that goal to be scored.

Is one of the things Tippett had created here; defensive layers.

To get scored on now a days we typically either get an unlucky bounce or multiple guys make the wrong read. Kassian / McLeod over chased to the wrong side of the puck and made a bad change. Larsson / Kulikov horribly missplayed the 2 on 2. Smith gave up a chunky rebound and put himself out of position trying to bring it in.

We can blame everyone all we want but did anyone see the quality of shot?

That was a soft floater of a shot. That has to be stopped and held. I don't blame anyone else there. Blake Wheeler's crappy little shot to the crest should do zip.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
We can blame everyone all we want but did anyone see the quality of shot?

That was a soft floater of a shot. That has to be stopped and held. I don't blame anyone else there. Tucker Poolman's crappy little shot should do zip.

I did just blame Smith, too.

5 guys made the worst play they could make. Including Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad