GDT: McTROOPER. Oilers v Jets Game Two. May 21, 7 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Scene 1.jpg

Fresh off a disappointing loss in Game One, McDavid has had enough.

He bursts through the television set showing replays of the Jets Game 1 win to the sound of Iron Maiden's The Trooper blaring at 300 Decibels on the Rogers Place sound system.

Game Two is going to be a whole lot different.

McTrooper takes no prisoners.

Scene 2.png

Blake Wheeler hovers over the Oilers Game One corpse buried under a slab of HFOil bitter concrete.

Not so fast.....Oilers Eddie bursts through the thin slab of keyboard hate and grabs Wheeler by the neck.

Oilers Eddie is to the rescue. There is No Prayer for the Dying Jets.

Scene 3.jpg

YES, the Oilers are Live After Game One Death. Oilers Eddie has risen, and he is heading to down to Rogers Place while Fear of the Dark Eddie has taken the head of Andrew Copp. He had a phobia that someone's always near....

Scene 4.jpg

The goal horn sounds and the game begins, and on this ice only one team wins.

Oilers Eddie has taken to the ice and he sees the Number of the Beast is Twenty Nine, running over Lewis and Pionk, whose sands of time are running low.

Scene 5.png

You take a shot and I'll run you through.

Killers Eddie taking a shift with Archibald as he shows DeMelo who got caught Somewhere in Time.

Killers Eddie decides he has had enough of PLD as well and his eyes burns a hole in his back.

Scene 6.jpg

Whats this?!?! Piece of Mind Eddie is transforming into......can it be? Is it real? Crazy Zac Kassian is back!

Can he Play With Madness? The Oilers need his madness!

Scene 7.jpg

Just as Piece of Mind Eddie is changing Kassian into Crazy Zac, PJ is morphing into Aces High Eddie, moving to their blindsides and firing again, shooting down Jets, he knows its do or die!

Scene 8.jpg

While no fans are allowed into the stands, Original Eddie has snuck in as Darnell Nurse morphs into....Original Eddie!

There will be no Sanctuary for Jets forwards with Nurse Running Free in Number of the Beast mode. Nurse will hit them so hard they wont Remember Tomorrow.

Scene 9.png

A lot has been said the past few days about Mark Schieffele's 2 pet goats. Little does he know that Oilers Eddie can morph them as well, into Legacy of the Beast Eddies......Mark is in for a little surprise when he puts his two goats out for a pee.....

Somewhere in Time Eddie has traveled to Winnipeg (by bus) and also infiltrated Jets practice, a Stranger in a Strange Land. The Jets will lose this series, it will be Deja-Vu for them.

Scene 10.jpg

The Jets will have to Run to the Hills as McTrooper will have a Flash of the Blade and the Jets will Die With Their Skates on. The Oilers have to be Quick or be Dead as its Death or Glory from here on out.

Now, if you do not know the Iron Maiden discography or their songs and lyrics you probably have no clue what this GDT was supposed to be.

Not my fault...
LETS GO OILERS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:edmonton

Today’s lines

Draisaitl - McDavid - PJ
Kahun - RNH - Honey Badger
Neal - McLoed - Kassian
Archibald - JJ - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
4K - Bear

Smith

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:jets

Today’s Lines

Connor - Schiefele - Wheeler
Copp - Stastny - PLD
Perreault - Lowry - Appleton
Toninato - Thompson - Lewis

Morrissey - Demelo
Forbort - Pionk
Stanley - Poolman

Hellebuyck

GDT MUSIC

THE TROOPER - IRON MAIDEN

FEARLESS PREDICTION

Oilers take Game 2. Up the Irons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I didn't get all of your lyrics involved but the ones I got were good!

I am happy that this is a 7 game series and not like last year only 5...otherwise I would be super afraid of losing today.

I am hoping we reunite McDrai cause in the season series that went well for what I remember.

Let's f***ing win this...I can see a Kahuna goal today and three McPoints with Drai.

4:3 win

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
A win would be huge, we need something to believe in here boys. McDavid is going to want to make a statement, I just hope he doesn’t grip his stick too tight though.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Bravo, @5 Mins 4 Ftg bravo. When I was becoming a teenager, Iron Maiden was the soundtrack of my life until Metallica came on the scene. You do such a great job of weaving these themes into a Hockey story.

The Main Boards are going to love this. Again, well done.

No one picked up our GDT so I’ve done it, but it’s nothing like your work here. Just some good natured, low brow joking around.

I’m expecting McDavid to come back with a vengeance tonight. I also thought Smith played well & Draisaitl was solid. Should be a good one.

A few memes before I head off to sleep:

DCDC9C79-597C-4258-99FE-32562D9BDB49.jpeg

E035623F-9F17-4E5B-AFB1-29313DD7D139.jpeg

80A40EF7-F743-4F7C-A2AA-2C9300296800.jpeg

32720A8D-EEDD-4801-8A0E-2B6ECA58317F.jpeg

000DE080-C35B-481D-817C-B506CB486443.jpeg

80CCE218-F713-416D-918A-56636A72EA49.jpeg

4B3A29C1-B00B-46D6-8779-101C867287D7.jpeg

7C850812-868B-42A0-BB0F-D5640F42EF10.jpeg

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hahaha Scheifele's death beast goats, love it.

This is an ALMOST must win to me. With the back-to-back in games 3 + 4, you'd like to not have that second one be a series clincher for WPG or the potential to go down 3-1 when we have a 39-year-old goalie with no real backup that we trust.

Win game 2, then win game 3, and I like our position regardless of what happens in game 4 (and even gives us game 5 still too as a non-must win if so, some flexibility)

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Winnipeg established their game plan without alot of push back. In game two they should go to the next steps. We will react to what they have done last game. But we have plenty of weaknesses to exploit!

1) Isolate Barrie 5 on 5 in the D zone by dumping it to his corner always and sending two deep against him agressively.

2) Bump Mike as much as possible. We don't have a backup.

3) Start hammering Pulju hard everytime he is in his ozone corner. Looking over his shoulder....
This will continue to take options away for McDavid.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Haven't listened to much Iron Maiden so yes, I am confused. o_O Thanks for the GDT anyway 5! Here I go with another much distracted day at work.

Sounds like Tippet might use the nuclear option tonight.
giphy-1.gif

If so, we'll need to get a couple quick goals early. After that we do our best to grind them out and get another goal or 2 if we can. McDavid and Draisaitl do tend to get very angry after getting blanked in a game. I fully expect them to come out looking for revenge.

We need hit these pesky Jets back too. They had their way too much in game 1. In the words of Dua Lipa;

LET'S GET PHYSICAL!!!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad