GDT: McTROOPER. Oilers v Jets Game Two. May 21, 7 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
this team will only go as far as Draisaitl and McDavid can drag it. They need to have a huge game tonight

Reactions: Oilers 322

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
this team will only go as far as Draisaitl and McDavid can drag it. They need to have a huge game tonight

Absolutely it's time to show up. I'm not saying mcdavid needs to have a fight like landerskog but we need our leadership core to step up in their own way.

We honestly can't expect much from Kassian and khaira types aside from effort. Last game both of these players had little effort which is troubling.

fresh meat

Nov 29, 2018
Jets fans are going off on their board about how the league is going to "gift" the Oilers a bunch of power plays tonight. Ridiculous comments after what happened last game, most of the year, and especially games against Montreal.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

Many teams will only go as far as their #1 and #2 centers will take them. I mean look at Toronto. Without Tavares, that series looks a whole lot different. In fact, they pretty much lost the game because of it, they had to put dinosaur Jumbo Joe out on the PP and he caused the short handed goal.

It definitely is amplified with these two though. Us losing Draisaitl would have significantly more impact on the chances of the Oilers winning than the Leafs losing Tavares. But I'd argue that if any team in the league's top 2 centers aren't on their A game, they don't win anything in the playoffs.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I called the Oilers in 5
B3112F54-D180-4428-AABA-F62AD4D135FE.gif

Have a nice day

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Jets fans are going off on their board about how the league is going to "gift" the Oilers a bunch of power plays tonight. Ridiculous comments after what happened last game, most of the year, and especially games against Montreal.
I mean, given the Jets GWG was gift because holding the stick is penalty, best they chill out a little. They shouldn't look past the "luck" involved.

Reactions: thegr8one66

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I actually liked how the game was called. My only complaint was not giving 4 minutes for the Yamamoto high stick when he was clearly cut.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Winnipeg will be expecting us to come out hard and hope Hellebyuck saves their asses to a scoreless first.
Then they'll bank on some flukey point shot going in on their way to a 1-0 or 2-1 win.

We gotta break this goalie. Need to put the game out of reach for the Jets early.

We broke this goalie all year. He's not Price. Thing is we have a few elite forwards on this club that are pretty good at solving any goalies. We didn't even seriously test Hellbuck last game, and the Oilers players know it. They were tentative, nervous, multiple players acknowledged it, had the yips, and we'll see a different game tonight.

The key is Winnipeg can't defend like a premium club. They allow a lot of dangerous scoring chances.

Oilers 5-2 W.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
"Got that? hehe" LOL

I Love this kid.

Nice that he's out there being in the moment and having fun. But not just that. He's completely dialed in to the importance of this, he was the best Oiler in game 1, the most prepared, that brought the house. Kid from Finland had more fire than anybody on the ice. I don't mind saying. He's turning into a hell of a player. More importantly the NHL is going back to a size package game. NHL hockey is going back to heavy hitting and the strong survive. Especially playoffs. Last few games I've been watching all the games, and they are all more physical than game 1 was. Tippett even mocked it. He said they must have doubled the numbers on hits because he didn't see too many.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Iron Maiden themed GDT? i can say without hyperbole, this is one of the greatest things i've ever seen in my life...and lol to that that picture of Jesse, that's awesome

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Uh oh.

Nik Ehlers is in a regular jersey at practice today. Either he is returning for game 2 or close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad