McNabb goes for Hertl's leg at the end of Game 5

Pockets16

Jan 30, 2007
McNabb has always been a dirty player. I loved it when Kuznetsov gave him a taste of his own medicine in last years playoffs.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Says the guy who has defended McNabb numerous times in the past.

That's true, but I would give any player the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't trying to cause injury in this situation, since it's most likely that he wasn't. It's different when you're trying to convince yourself of what's less likely because he's the enemy or because it confirms ill notions about him. It may've been reckless, but that's a far cry from malicious.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's true, but I would give any player the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't trying to cause injury in this situation, since it's most likely that he wasn't. It's different when you're trying to convince yourself of what's less likely because he's the enemy or because it confirms ill notions about him. It may've been reckless, but that's a far cry from malicious.
There was nothing natural about the way he fell. He knew what he was doing.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

I'll disagree. Besides the fact that he has history of flagrant fouls, I have an 8 year old that likes to kick and she makes that same motion when intentionally trying to kick someone from the ground.

And yes, I'm calling McNabb an 8 year old girl.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019

Looks like you're equating his fall to a losing an edge type fall, doesn't ring true when he's taking a run at 1 player, throwing an elbow in the dying seconds of an out of reach game and when injure planA fails he kicks out with planB.

Malicious is exactly how to describe McNabb's actions.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Ya that's pretty messed up. Watched it a few times and you can clearly tell he extends his leg out with force to try and hit Hertl's leg/ankle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad