McNabb goes for Hertl's leg at the end of Game 5

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Alternative Title: McNabb tries to make a hit, doesn't, loses his edge as a result and falls.

Surprising there was no thread.

If you look at when he falls, it's not even in one motion. He falls, and then "falls" again while swinging his legs. That's definitely accidentally on purpose.
Not sure we can say he tried to break Hertl's legs, but he definitely intended to trip him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If you look at when he falls, it's not even in one motion. He falls, and then "falls" again while swinging his legs. That's definitely accidentally on purpose.
Not sure we can say he tried to break Hertl's legs, but he definitely intended to trip him.

Yeah, pretty clear from this angle.

Beyond that, McNabb doesn't exactly get the benefit of the doubt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jesus imagine if Sorensen doesn't get out of the way there....clear intent from McNabb here to try and injure someone (not surprising from him at all). 15 seconds left in the game and you're going for headshots and suddenly right after that just happen to fall and kick your legs out into a player that had a great game...hmmm

This is the type of shit the league needs to get out of here. No place for this in a 5-2 game

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd like to see a better angle but that easily is suspension worthy (1 game) if it's as bad as the first video shows. The intent there is sickeningly, you dont f***ing kick someone like that with your skate. Had there been an injury he would be done for the series and more.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
McNabb was unbelievably dirty last post-season. This isn't up there with a lot of what he pulled. Probably not an accident, but also probably not thread-worthy.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I have no problem with the his on Sorenson, but he clearly intentionally kicks Hertl when he was down. That is straight up dirty AF. Kicked someone dude in the ankle with a f***ing skate. f*** breaking the leg (there was no way he had the power to break the leg), he could have cut his achilles tendon.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
McNabb was unbelievably dirty last post-season. This isn't up there with a lot of what he pulled. Probably not an accident, but also probably not thread-worthy.

Well you dont see someone kicking at a player like that often

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Does seem like he would have fell a little sooner than he did and lunged a little towards the end.

Either way it’s too hard to tell at this angle, this is nothing till there’s better footage.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I like the thread title. You should've said that McNabb was trying to murder Hertl, though. It would've been even funnier. Still, if I can't get back to sleep because I've been laughing too much, I'm blaming you.

Edit: The thread title has been changed, so I need to note that I was responding to when it read "McNabb tries to break Hertl's leg at end of Game 5."

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This is how the NHL works. Malkin misses on his swing, he gets a game. McSorely connects, he gets 20. McNabb fails- he'll get a game, at most. But that's a supremely dirty play that doesn't belong in the NHL- neither does he if he pulls shit like that. Should be 5, at least. It won't be, but the next time a guy gets hurt the NHL will act all sanctimonious and make a show of how they don't let things like this happen- they do. Luckily it's usually stupid f***ing goons who can't even hurt a guy properly, Chris Simon was just unfortunate in being a bit more blatant in his attempts.

Reactions: fivesberg

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
McNabb is a POS but this title is something. “tries to break Hertl’s leg”???

McNabb misses a hit then kicks out his legs like a toddler when he is on the ice. I can’t see his thought process being “I must break Hertl’s leg”

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Shocking a Shark fan sensationalized the title.

Yes, McNabb is dirty. Yes, he took a run at the end of a game. Spoiler, pretty much every team does.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad