McNabb goes for Hertl's leg at the end of Game 5

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Ha ha... no kidding. It’s amazing what lunar telescopes can do today, but until I see a camera angle from here on earth I’m going to reserve judgement.
haha. exactly. I'm always amazed what people can "see" from these clips.

It's hard to tell for sure but looks like McNabb misses on a hit, falls down and while he's down there tries to trip Hertl with the ol' scissor kick that players do to each other a lot when one gets knocked down.

Reactions: Number8

Sjsharks5

Jan 3, 2019
It probably wasn't being talked about anywhere because there is nothing there, there,
What’s there is that his skates parallel to the ice in a sweeping, kicking motion easily could have sliced Hertl’s leg. Luckily, he just tripped him and didn’t damage his ankle.

I didn’t even see that in real time, just the run at Sorensen, which I still haven’t seen an up close of. Odd that the other skaters on the ice for Vegas seemed content to just skate out the last 15 seconds and McNabb makes a run clear across the neutral zone.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Saw it live and it was clear as day. I was expecting some Sharks to come skating into the picture to go after McNabb: pretty sure McNabb thought something was coming as well. You can even see Carrier immediately turn to get into the action because it seemed like something was going to happen since SJ should have done something.

Its Vegas though so a Top 6 forward or Top 2 defenseman for SJ will probably get suspended somehow. Also, expect Vegas to get every call next game since Gallant wasn't happy with them for what should have been a double-minor but was only two minutes.

Just a real rat team that people are slowly coming around on as the "feel good" story wears off, along with those in the EST zone actually watching them.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looks like he's trying to push off to avoid the collision, but misses his edge. The hit attempt looked dirty, though.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Saw it live and it was clear as day. I was expecting some Sharks to come skating into the picture to go after McNabb: pretty sure McNabb thought something was coming as well. You can even see Carrier immediately turn to get into the action because it seemed like something was going to happen since SJ should have done something.

Its Vegas though so a Top 6 forward or Top 2 defenseman for SJ will probably get suspended somehow. Also, expect Vegas to get every call next game since Gallant wasn't happy with them for what should have been a double-minor but was only two minutes.

Just a real rat team that people are slowly coming around on as the "feel good" story wears off, along with those in the EST zone actually watching them.
McNabb was skating towards his bench as fast as he could and the linesmen and refs who somehow didn't see any of it made sure to get in the middle as fast as possible.

They'll let a useless goon fresh off the bench pick a fight with a 30-goal scorer, though.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Clearly he's trying to push off the ice while going down to recover and it doesn't work out too well. Meanwhile, Hertl's controller disconnected.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
McNabb was skating towards his bench as fast as he could and the linesmen and refs who somehow didn't see any of it made sure to get in the middle as fast as possible.

They'll let a useless goon fresh off the bench pick a fight with a 30-goal scorer, though.

SJ didn't exactly have the right personnel on the ice to do anything. I'm not calling them out for not doing something but rather saying what McNabb did was definitely worthy of a response.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Looks like he's trying to push off to avoid the collision, but misses his edge.

That was my estimation, as well. Honestly, it's the most likely explanation. People would rather believe the more unlikely explanation because it confirms their bias, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad