McNabb goes for Hertl's leg at the end of Game 5

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
watching on my computer made a huge difference... i wont say he was trying to break his leg but it was a stupid play because he could easily have cut hertl if he hit him in the wrong spot... probably deserves a game...

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
images

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Left my telescope at home can't see ****.
Try opening your eyes then you won't need a telescope.
When i first watched it i didn't see it then i watched it about 10 times and i now have my eyes open and have seen the jab with his skate.
The failed hit is fine by me but that leg jab should have got him a suspension.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
They’ll probably suspend Thornton for this. Funny how Parros won’t review any of the VGK head shots or attempts. Got away with this head shot too, not even a penalty.

Last edited:

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I heard gallant is still petitioning the refs for an embellishment on Sorenson and Hertl for not letting McNabb injure them. He's red as a tomato

Don't forget, McNabb already got off free for a clean headshot on braun

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Mcnabb is now up to 2 headshots and a kick. But still no DOPS hearings. Must be nice to pay the league off.
Well, when the master of accidentally-on-purpose was his captain for three years...he knows how to make it look unintentional. Just like how hitman Matt Cooke "unintentionally" sliced Erik Karlsson even though that incident has not remained unique.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Alternative Title: McNabb tries to make a hit, doesn't, loses his edge as a result and falls.

Surprising there was no thread.

I guess I am not seeing things correctly when he cocks his leg and out at Hertl. I know I would always do that instinctively whenever I fell off my skateboard.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Hard to see from the video...but it certainly looks like a 2nd kicking motion by McNabb. The typical "accidentally on purpose."

How anyone that has actually played hockey could claim that's just McNabb losing an edge and nothing more is beyond me. Aka you don't sharply kick your leg out in an entirely separate motion...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Shocking a Shark fan sensationalized the title.

Yes, McNabb is dirty. Yes, he took a run at the end of a game. Spoiler, pretty much every team does.
True but I'd still like to see the league get rid of the nonsense.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Shocking a Shark fan sensationalized the title.

Yes, McNabb is dirty. Yes, he took a run at the end of a game. Spoiler, pretty much every team does.

Right, it's not the run people have a problem with. The run is dirty, I personally wish the NHL did more about it- but it's the kick that's dirty af. Like, kicking out at a dude with skates on- there's nothing lower. Nothing dirtier. Nothing more dangerous. Just complete bush league injurious bs, it has no place in the game.

Reactions: fivesberg

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2