Dreger: McKenzie Weegar trade target for Ottawa Senators but Florida still trying to extend him

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Weegar - 3.250
Hornqvist - 5.300 (cap dump)

for

C.Brown - 3.600
E.Brannstrom - RFA

As a base. I know Ottawa adds. Just curious if that works as a base.
Ottawa would then either buy-out or retain on Zaitsev to somewhere like Arizona or Chicago.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Weegar - 3.250

for

C.Brown - 3.600
E.Brannstrom - RFA

Ottawa would then either buy-out or retain on Zaitsev to somewhere like Arizona or Chicago.
If Hornqvist waives and Ottawa adds a 2nd this wouldn't be the worst trade Florida could make

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Weegar - 3.250

for

C.Brown - 3.600
E.Brannstrom - RFA

Ottawa is buying out guys like Del Zotto to save about 20 bucks and you think they're going to take on Hornqvist?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ottawa is buying out guys like Del Zotto to save about 20 bucks and you think they're going to take on Hornqvist?

1. They bought out Del Zottto because he sucks.
2. They saved 0.750 for a guy that would have been buried.
3. They added Talbot and Debrincat for 12.000m recently so I don't think money is a problem anymore.

They'd be taking on about as much salary in this deal, as they would by retaining 50% on Zaitsev. They come out of it with minimal actual costs and a top 4 Dman they desperately need.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Weegar - 3.250

for

C.Brown - 3.600
E.Brannstrom - RFA

Why does this make Sense for Florida?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Ottawa adds a legit top 4 D (as rumored), with Giroux, they are the 2nd best team in the division on the condition that Stutzle continues to improve and Sanderson steps in as advertised.

Reactions: cannucky

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Weegar - Ottawa boy, wants to go home, lives in the city in the offseason
Giroux - Ottawa boy, wants to go home, lives in the city in the offseason

Dorion has been set free!

Funny that when other teams are looking for local players nobody has a comment but when Habs are doing so, its an HF party on Habs and french players obsession

All teams want local players, its just very evident when its a french last name

Back on topic, this would be a good pickup for the Sens

If Ottawa adds a legit top 4 D (as rumored), with Giroux, they are the 2nd best team in the division on the condition that Stutzle continues to improve and Sanderson steps in as advertised.
hahaha ok please give the July Cup to the Sens

Reactions: Dirty Dog

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
1. They bought out Del Zottto because he sucks.
2. They saved 0.750 for a guy that would have been buried.
3. They added Talbot and Debrincat for 12.000m recently so I don't think money is a problem anymore.

They'd be taking on about as much salary in this deal, as they would by retaining 50% on Zaitsev. They come out of it with minimal actual costs and a top 4 Dman they desperately need.
You are missing 1 factor there bud . Ottawa will spend money for players that can and will actually play , they will not take on dead cap . The estate is in probate there will be no dead money spending .

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
People have to realise weager is on a 1 yr deal, no one trades a haul for someone on a 1 yr deal. I could see a trade around C brown and a 2nd. I dont think either team should expect more then that.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You are missing 1 factor there bud . Ottawa will spend money for players that can and will actually play , they will not take on dead cap . The estate is in probate there will be no dead money spending .

They literally have 5.125 in dead cap and buyouts as we speak. lol

Is Hornqvist LTIR or something? I was under the impression he was just overpaid but still a bottom 6 forward on the decline.

Forgive my ignorance - isn't Weegar a UFA?

In 1yr

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
so essentially replacing Weegar with a worse Weegar?

Pretty much, but Weegar isn't going to sign next year for what someone like Manson does this year. Isn't that the entire premise of his availability? Cash him out now before you can't afford him kinda thing?

Reactions: cannucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad