Dreger: McKenzie Weegar trade target for Ottawa Senators but Florida still trying to extend him

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Weegar would be exactly what Ottawa needs, he's great except when he thinks he's Bobby Orr. Not sure what the fit is from Florida's perspective though unless they simply want cap space + picks/prospects.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I honestly have no idea what Ottawa would even give that Florida would want. A 1st rd pick that they can flip?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I don't mean to sound morbid but how much did Melnyk hold Dorion back? Guy has been pretty good this offseason.

I mean they'd trade away any player that needed a raise, it was pretty ridiculous. Look at the contracts he signed too, pretty much all backloaded.

We'll see how it works out, but this Summer pretty much confirms that Dorion had to work around pretty hefty limitations up till this off season.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean they'd trade away any player that needed a raise, it was pretty ridiculous. Look at the contracts he signed too, pretty much all backloaded.

We'll see how it works out, but this Summer pretty much confirms that Dorion had to work around pretty hefty limitations up till this off season.

Yeah, for sure. I just don't want to take shots a dead guy for bad karma but you can tell an internal cap and Dorion was against it.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4