Post-Game Talk: McDavid hated that goal

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not even gonna blame Skinner for the early 2-0 deficit.
1st goal with Nurse giving all the space to Thomas for the goal was just baffling to see.

GHeCLt9XEAEoar7
and I have no idea WTF Ceci was trying to do here that caused the 2-0 goal. He's such a liability to watch.
Yeah...its a bit ridiculous to see that Skinner is getting hate after this game. Niether goal was his fault and as you pointed out...wft was the defence doing?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Man, it is simple fundamental screwups like that which will cost us in the playoffs.
It's a fast game and everyone makes mistakes.. it just hurt you more if it's the goalie or defense.

Parayko was dummied numerous times tonight. Doesn't make him a bad player. Bennington let in 3.. imagine this board if that OT goal was let in by Skinner.. we would be directing his positioning and IQ for pages.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner made a massive 2 on 1 stop. He was criticized for how he fell down lol.

This board is embarrassing sometimes

He doesn't make very many of those saves, to the glove side almost none. The fact that it's s notable that he stopped one of them that it needs to be pointed out multiple times kind of proves the point.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Poor start by the boys, but glad they found their game enough to grab a couple points. Nurse and Ceci were clued out in the first, and despite playing well after that, they still gave up too many grade A chances, but Skinner was very good again. Nuge with the defensive play of the year, Hyman with grease all over him, McDavid off the schnide.

He doesn't make very many of those saves, to the glove side almost none. The fact that it's s notable that he stopped one of them that it needs to be pointed out multiple times kind of proves the point.
Can’t you just enjoy it when it happens though instead of getting wound up about it?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
he was .951 in the last game. he won 12 straight allowing 2 or less. etc
What was he post All-star. Real?
The coach also abandoned the lines that were contributing everywhere

His play tonight? It was Braindead worthy. Did you miss the game?

Let's hope we get that in the playoffs and we should be dandy lol
no I didn’t miss the game- did you watch it? Did you happen to see how many zone denials Bouchard had? Did you see how many time he successfully retrieved pucks in his own zone? Did you happen to see how many successful zone exits Bouchard had? Clearly you missed all that and focused on on your bias

What a pleasant poster.

Yeah. Other than the early Thomas goal I thought the Blues topline was straight up awful. Worse on the PP, lol. This Blues team is going nowhere. Waste of Binnington if you ask me.

I was responding in kind.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
What was he post All-star. Real?

no I didn’t miss the game- did you watch it? Did you happen to see how many zone denials Bouchard had? Did you see how many time he successfully retrieved pucks in his own zone? Did you happen to see how many successful zone exits Bouchard had? Clearly you missed all that and focused on on your bias

I was responding in kind.
I am just talking about how many absolute brain farts Bouch had lol. Relax.

I don't know why people get so angry about anybody criticizing any players here. Like they are our brothers or sisters. I just cristisize what i see. Bouch looked terrible for a lot of plays.

Just like how I said McDavid looked like crap on that Ceci screw up. He could have easily just got to the guy and lifted his stick.

Just like I said Skinner played great in OT and helped us win, even though I dream of a goaltending upgrade.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Ceci and Nurse playef it perfect. This was 100% on Skinner.

I learn alot about hockey in GDTs
Nurse played that fine. Ceci's the one who f***ed up big time and it's something he's been doing a lot of recently. I think it's pretty obvious they should look at upgrading him. He doesn't provide offence, he's not a good puck mover, he's not a good puck retriever, and his net front play isn't great either. At this point I'm starting to think someone like Sean Walker would be a fairly noticeable upgrade because he can skate to retrieve pucks and can move the puck. But Philly just keeps hanging around in the playoff picture in the East.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Great comeback. Still worried about our seemingly league worst ability to cleanly break out the puck under and modicum of pressure, though. We've reverted back to just flipping it out or rimming it around to a stationary fwd who always gets ready by a pinching dman.

We are going to get obliterated in playoffs if we dont get back to making short passes and using the middle of the ice under pressure. It's been two months of our decade of darkness level defense and breakout which has really hampered our offense; especially depth fowards, from being able to really generate a whole lot 5 on 5.

We need to fix this, stop loading up McDrai (who aren't great defensively together) and get back to consistency in our lineup.

Reactions: Stoneman89

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I am just talking about how many absolute brain farts Bouch had lol. Relax.

I don't know why people get so angry about anybody criticizing any players here. Like they are our brothers or sisters. I just cristisize what i see. Bouch looked terrible for a lot of plays.

Just like how I said McDavid looked like crap on that Ceci screw up. He could have easily just got to the guy and lifted his stick.

Just like I said Skinner played great in OT and helped us win, even though I dream of a goaltending upgrade.
I don’t have problems with people criticizing players, I have issues when people do so without actually knowing what they are talking about. All freaking game he is preventing chances, he’s the best at it on the team. He’s excellent at transitioning- and people still dump on him for reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad