Post-Game Talk: McDavid hated that goal

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He seems to be playing way more passive this year. I wonder if he’s lost confidence in his shot because he passes off good shooting opportunities and when he does shoot, it’s into the goalie rather than picking a corner like he used to. McDavids shooting is similarly off but he’s still creating like crazy.
He almost scored twice tonight. Binnington is the reason he didn't get on the board. Drai even took it to the net a couple times again tonight.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
The same as always? Have a good game or two doesn’t change peoples opinions on starting goalies, nor should it. We have a larger sample size.

So many saying huge game by Skinner?

I’m sorry but he did exactly what he should have done this game. He finished right at the expected goals.

Goaltenders make saves, most make multiple every night, I know that’s foreign for us oiler fans watching Skinner but it’s what goalies do.

That is not setting the bar high saving what you should.
He saved multiple ones that he shouldn’t. Try watching the game.

Reactions: RegDunlop

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
He saved multiple ones that he shouldn’t. Try watching the game.
He should have just usually doesn’t cause he’s worst in the league at it. Don’t act shocked, goalies are suppose to make saves.

There’s a reason Skinner has really really bad stats, because he’s not that good. He’s playing behind a top team in the league

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner made a beauty cross crease stop that was on pretty much a 2 on 0.

I know it bothers you watching him make saves like that, but it happened.

He doesn't make that kind of save very often, that's the problem. Like Koskinen had some show stopping saves once in a while too.

His lateral movement just isn't very good. I don't even know if you can really improve that, maybe some goaltending buffs will bring up a guy who had poor post to post movement and improved that dramatically over the course of their career. I can't think of anyone.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
He should have just usually doesn’t cause he’s worst in the league at it. Don’t act shocked, goalies are suppose to make saves.

There’s a reason Skinner has really really bad stats, because he’s not that good. He’s playing behind a top team in the league
Watching your irrational hate of Skinner eat you up mentally is great entertainment. Especially knowing he’s going nowhere and it’s just going to eat you up more.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yup he did makes up for the 2nd goal
Did you see the game winning goal Binnington let in? That was worse than either goal Skinner gave up, and I thought Skinner shoulda had them.

Also the 2nd hyman goal you'd be calling Skinner out cause it was a cross crease to the center of the net, you'd be crying up a storm about how Skinner cant move.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Did you see the game winning goal Binnington let in? That was worse than either goal Skinner gave up, and I thought Skinner shoulda had them.

Also the 2nd hyman goal you'd be calling Skinner out cause it was a cross crease to the center of the net, you'd be crying up a storm about how Skinner cant move.
Binner played fine not spectacular just like skinner
Skinner made one more save, that’s all that counts

Ok your irrational truth. That definitely makes it sound less unhinged.

Get up on your soapbox on the corner and preach your truth.
You already know the truth.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lavoie went off again tonight I see. Get the kid up here, he’s playing with a ton of confidence and can he ever fire the pill.
But where are we gonna play Brown if he gets called up.

He doesn't make that kind of save very often, that's the problem. Like Koskinen had some show stopping saves once in a while too.

His lateral movement just isn't very good. I don't even know if you can really improve that, maybe some goaltending buffs will bring up a guy who had poor post to post movement and improved that dramatically over the course of their career.
I agree his lateral movement sucks.

I still give him credit when he makes those saves though.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
He’s a fourth line player and he was part of a pretty key line during the blues cup run.

The type of guy you want in your bottom 6 come playoff time, size and decent skating, responsible hard working game, battles hard and wears guys down.

750k cap hit, he’s a nice 4th line pick up that would make the bottom 6 a little harder to play against.
Yup, been on him for a while. Big, heavy right shot centreman who's got some sneaky skills too. Add the Cup experience. Would be an amazing and cheap pick up contract wise.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not even gonna blame Skinner for the early 2-0 deficit.
1st goal with Nurse giving all the space to Thomas for the goal was just baffling to see.

GHeCLt9XEAEoar7
and I have no idea WTF Ceci was trying to do here that caused the 2-0 goal. He's such a liability to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad