Post-Game Talk: McDavid hated that goal

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
How Nuge basically stole, retained control and immediately turned it into a rush is something. Would have been a good play from most guys to get back and screw up Thomas' shot. Nuge added to extra degrees of difficulty to the backcheck.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I think Parayko is about 35ft to that guys right side when he raises his stick. I’d say it is Buchneyvich but it is a little grainy. Let’s hope a miracle happens and they bring in big Parayko to upgrade on Ceci.

Yeah, it got me curious....but comparing this video with the north south positioning, the size of the player and postulating of the number....this is where I pulled the screengrabs from. I just can't believe this didn't appear on any of the highlight packs. Pretty sure it is 55 and not 89. Plus Parayko is 6'6". That was a pretty big boy there.

And yeah, I am done with the Cici experiment, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Guess we'll never know....but do we really need to?
No we won't but just thought I'd mention it because people keep bringing it up. You'd think it was an empty net situation the way it's brought up.;)

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Parayko is in the back by the faceoff circle in the first picture. He's a right shot and has an A. The player holding up his stick is a left shot. It's Buchnevich. He was the other forward on the ice at the time.

K, that makes sense. Buchnevich was also a thought cause I was waffling on the first image the first digit being a 8....and I originally thought Buchnevich because of his history of cockiness....but then I "saw" 55...but I guess with the shitty video quality.

But yes, the handedness was the one thing I overlooked lol

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Skinner was pretty happy he wasn’t tested there judging from how hard he was banging his stick.. him stopping it is debatable.
Pretty sure any goalie out there would be happy they didn't have to make a save on a clear cut breakaway. And yes, him stopping it is debatable. But it's still debatable, which is a good thing, because during the prior 3 weeks there was no debate.:D

Reactions: alanschu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad