Recalled/Assigned: McCarron recalled from Laval

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
It puzzled me why Bergevin picked this lumbering giant of a centerman so high in the draft. He knew McCarron was no speedster on skates. Did he project McCarron to turn out to be another Joe Thornton!

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
As mentioned earlier in the season, this guy will be on waivers next September. I hope he can find a team interested and package him to I don't really care who

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Comman guys Bergy took a useless #25 OA Draft pick and turned it into a serviceable goon!

(ok Sly pry deserves some of the credit...)

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I think the organisation is wasting McCarron. McCarron has some playmaking skills yet plays an energy / goonish game. Put him on the PP and he can make plays along the boards. He isn't a powerforward despite the size, don't make him play that role. With the puck on his stick he's a cerebral player who makes good crisp passes, he isn't a shooter or a scorer. Put him on a line with a hardworker and a shooter and it can (maybe) work out.

But ehhh maybe it's too late.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The game has evolved and become too fast for players like McCarron and Lucic. You can’t skate, you can’t play.

Sadly the Habs have players who can skate but can’t play.

What a mess

prohockey

Jul 2, 2012
Oh woe is me.. poor athletes making millions to play a sport.
It has nothing to do with the money they make, do you think McCarron is making millions? Do you not think he works his ass off. He may not ever be an NHL player . Career may be short but i am sure he is trying. It is the way people here belittle them personally.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It has nothing to do with the money they make, do you think McCarron is making millions? Do you not think he works his ass off. He may not ever be an NHL player . Career may be short but i am sure he is trying. It is the way people here belittle them personally.

I know how much he is making.. and no he may not be an NHL player, and he probably won't. His career will be short and it's unfortunate for him that the organization that drafted him has a terrible record for developing players. He lost that lottery.

My only concern for Big Mac is all the useless fighting he is doing.. CTE coming his way all because Lefebvre and Lapointe got together and dive-bombed his offensive potential in the AHL

Reactions: Bloumeister

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It puzzled me why Bergevin picked this lumbering giant of a centerman so high in the draft. He knew McCarron was no speedster on skates. Did he project McCarron to turn out to be another Joe Thornton!
The only true number one center in the league, you could be on to something here, just connect the dots in the mans thought process.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I know how much he is making.. and no he may not be an NHL player, and he probably won't. His career will be short and it's unfortunate for him that the organization that drafted him has a terrible record for developing players. He lost that lottery.

My only concern for Big Mac is all the useless fighting he is doing.. CTE coming his way all because Lefebvre and Lapointe got together and dive-bombed his offensive potential in the AHL

I think they said on RDS the other day that his last fight was his 13th in 65 NHL games or so. So basically he fought once every 5 games. In a league where speed rules and fights are almost a thing of the past, it goes to show how poorly the kid was brought up and 'prepared' for the NHL.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have a feeling many of those posting here have never played a competitive sport in their lives. The way they belittle players and personalize it. Pathetic

i don't agree with a how a number of posters act around here for that very reason but at the same time the Habs are on pace to have their worst season points wise since they started playing more then 50 games a year in the '40's. So with a very passionate and bi-polar rabid fanbase, they are going to be pissed at how badly this season has gone and how bleak it's looking for the future. Some let their emotions get the better of them, it's been tough on everyone I'd suspect.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
From 31 thoughts:

23. Michael McCarron on what the Canadiens told him after this call-up: “They want me to be more of a prick.”

'More of a prick' is the Habs org's motto :sarcasm:

Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2018-02-26-%C3%A0-12.46.20.png

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL

Yea guys, come on. Didn't you know HF comments greatly affects the personal lives of NHL players?

I can just picture McCarron crying in his bed at night over bunch of anonymous online posters on hockey forum community (that 99% of hockey players are most likely not aware of its existence)

Classic case of disillusioned fans thinking they have an impact on the sport and personal lives of its personnel.

Last edited:

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Quote from 2014 Future Watch from Martin Lapointe...

"he wants to put up points, but it takes a big guy time to adjust. He needed to get used to the quickness of the game at the next level (OHL). He`s at his best when he keeps his feet moving. His first couple of steps need work. This off season will be crucial to him, to get his legs stronger."

Those comments would have been made in about Feb 2014 but it almost sounds like they could be repeated 4 years later.

I think the pick (as well as Tinordi) was influenced by the small size of the Habs roster at the time.

It seems like he`s a longshot to be on the roster in October.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad