Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Term is the problem and not many teams trade Grade A prospects. Patch is not trending well so that don't help either. If the situation was reversed, would you trade a center for him?
Definitely. If I'm good team, deep at center and looking for scoring winger I would do it. Pacioretty as a complement to a great a player, without all the pressure is ideal for him and he would thrive.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Definitely. If I'm good team, deep at center and looking for scoring winger I would do it. Pacioretty as a complement to a great a player, without all the pressure is ideal for him and he would thrive.

I think other teams are willing to gamble on Patch being a Kessel type once he was traded to the Pens but they won't overpay. Grade A type prospects that have proven themselves after being drafted are rare in any trade. Habs are better off to target draft picks and get our Grade A prospect that way.

You can have Row A of the upper bowl for sale this year and the Bell Center but if you hold out trying to get full return value or more, your going to be left with a ticket not used. You have to pay attention to the trends and both the Habs and Patch are not trending well. Target draft picks

Reactions: ginomini

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I think other teams are willing to gamble on Patch being a Kessel type once he was traded to the Pens but they won't overpay. Grade A type prospects that have proven themselves after being drafted are rare in any trade. Habs are better off to target draft picks and get our Grade A prospect that way.

You can have Row A of the upper bowl for sale this year and the Bell Center but if you hold out trying to get full return value or more, your going to be left with a ticket not used. You have to pay attention to the trends and both the Habs and Patch are not trending well. Target draft picks
Not even looking for a grade A prospect, just someone that can play center in the nhl effectively.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not willing to go that far. I didn't like him as our Captain but worse in history? That is nasty. I rather attack his lack of production and how he doesn't produce when we need him.
That’s exactly why he may be the worst captain this team has had. Not only does he not produce when things get tough, but he completely shuts down and has shown nothing that resembles a leader on or off the ice. He’s a failure of a captain and should have never had that letter on his jersey in the first place. There are only two people at the time who should have: Subban and Gally, although it was arguably too soon for Gally.

Reactions: Habs178

Jul 6, 2016
Pätches has been awful all year long, and Price not much better. Weber was injured on Day 1, maybe even during the Camp... An atrocious camp by the way.

Players just checked out during that Camp, almost, with no Radulov, no Markov, no Emelin, no Sergachev, no Beaulieu around... They just quit on their ineffective GM and clueless coaching staff.

They were expecting a top-line center... and they got Drouin !!!!!!

The ambiance has been putrid from Day 1 of that last training camp. they were due to sink, and they did.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Jul 6, 2016
Heard yesterday on the radio that Patches was demanding a trade at the deadline, and most specifically to the Florida Panthers.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What I dislike reading comments about Paccioretty is the destroying of his personality. It's getting into extreme like if members here hates him personnally. I think he suffered from not having a true center his entire carreer. Knowing he was able to score 30 and more goals having Desharnais or Danault centering him is quite an accomplishment. I have to admit Desharnais deserve some congrats for his creativity and hard work.

I think Paccioretty have no choices to be traded because he becomes hated in Montréal, for good reasons or bad reasons. It's too late now for reconcialiation.

Personnally I have no bad feelings about Paccioretty the person, I think he is a good guy, honest with his qualities and weakness. I have feelings toward him like a lizard or a cat. I don't hate him like many posters here who overreacts like a chihuahua or a dachshund. Any gm of this league have to be business cold and put aside hatred feelings. Many posters here don't have gm's stuff obviously and should avoid posting their hatred feelings.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So you think Nash is a superstar? Dude. What are you even talking about here? Your posts are incoherent and you literally never make a point. You ramble from one misguided thought to another and none even connect.

There is absolutely nothing incoherent about my posts.
A very simple truth was expounded upon. Rick Nash is was and always will be a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty.
Max will not approach approach Nash's numbers starting with goals scored or points. As much as Nash is falling off Max is right behind him. I'm very curious to see who if anyone takes a shot at grabbing Patch for next season. As far as star status goes neither are superstars but Nash was the closer of the two.

Reactions: Adriatic

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What I dislike reading comments about Paccioretty is the destroying of his personality. It's getting into extreme like if members here hates him personnally. I think he suffered from not having a true center his entire carreer. Knowing he was able to score 30 and more goals having Desharnais or Danault centering him is quite an accomplishment. I have to admit Desharnais deserve some congrats for his creativity and hard work.

I think Paccioretty have no choices to be traded because he becomes hated in Montréal, for good reasons or bad reasons. It's too late now for reconcialiation.

Personnally I have no bad feelings about Paccioretty the person, I think he is a good guy, honest with his qualities and weakness. I have feelings toward him like a lizard or a cat. I don't hate him like many posters here who overreacts like a chihuahua or a dachshund. Any gm of this league have to be business cold and put aside hatred feelings. Many posters here don't have gm's stuff obviously and should avoid posting their hatred feelings.

"You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain"
Nowhere is that truer than in Montreal, for about 4 years we rat bagged DD cause we wanted a #1C to play with the great Pacs, now we want to trade Max to get the #1C to play with Drouin, if that doesn't happen Drouin will be the new villain. Management continue to set players up to fail, fans are going to react in their own ways in response

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
"You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain"
Nowhere is that truer than in Montreal, for about 4 years we rat bagged DD cause we wanted a #1C to play with the great Pacs, now we want to trade Max to get the #1C to play with Drouin, if that doesn't happen Drouin will be the new villain. Management continue to set players up to fail, fans are going to react in their own ways in response
Yes, it's very predictable that what will happen.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
There is absolutely nothing incoherent about my posts.
A very simple truth was expounded upon. Rick Nash is was and always will be a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty.
Max will not approach approach Nash's numbers starting with goals scored or points. As much as Nash is falling off Max is right behind him. I'm very curious to see who if anyone takes a shot at grabbing Patch for next season. As far as star status goes neither are superstars but Nash was the closer of the two.

You think Nash is heads and shoulders better than Patches and that Nash is "elite." That's not only incoherent, it's also delusional.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You think Nash is heads and shoulders better than Patches and that Nash is "elite." That's not only incoherent, it's also delusional.

LOL :lol:
Now you are professing to know my thoughts?
I never once said Nash was Elite. I did however dispute the claim that Max was Elite.
Gee I wonder who posted that?
Where does the delusion really lie...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
LOL :lol:
Now you are professing to know my thoughts?
I never once said Nash was Elite. I did however dispute the claim that Max was Elite.
Gee I wonder who posted that?
Where does the delusion really lie...

Let’s get this clear. Pacioretty is one of the top NHL goal scorers for the past 5-7 years. Fact. Patches is a consistent 30+ goal, 60+ point getting during that time. He’s a league leader in GWG, he plays in all situations including the PK. He’s an All star player and selected by his country to play on the national team. He’s a player who after almost having his neck broken came back and played the game exactly how he did before the injury with no ill effects to his game, has played through injuries that you wouldn’t have left the bed with and has consistently come back early from injury earning the nickname Wolverine.

So, given this factual, unbiased information as a basis which no one can dispute, let’s proceed forward.

Your post speaks to how much better in every conceivable way Nash is better than a player whose performance is amongst the top in the nhl for offensive stats while still playing a defensive minded game with no centre to speak of and that player (Nash) isn’t elite? That just goes to the extent of how little of know, understand, comprehend and see about not only Patches but apparently hockey in general.

Please, I look forward to your emoji filled response as a way to deflect how glaring sparse your commentations really are. Truth is, people like you don’t deserve to have a guy like Patches play on their team because people like you don’t know what you have until it’s too late and then bitch about not having a 30 goal scorer.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Let’s get this clear. Pacioretty is one of the top NHL goal scorers for the past 5-7 years. Fact. Patches is a consistent 30+ goal, 60+ point getting during that time. He’s a league leader in GWG, he plays in all situations including the PK. He’s an All star player and selected by his country to play on the national team. He’s a player who after almost having his neck broken came back and played the game exactly how he did before the injury with no ill effects to his game, has played through injuries that you wouldn’t have left the bed with and has consistently come back early from injury earning the nickname Wolverine.

So, given this factual, unbiased information as a basis which no one can dispute, let’s proceed forward.

Your post speaks to how much better in every conceivable way Nash is better than a player whose performance is amongst the top in the nhl for offensive stats while still playing a defensive minded game with no centre to speak of and that player (Nash) isn’t elite? That just goes to the extent of how little of know, understand, comprehend and see about not only Patches but apparently hockey in general.

Please, I look forward to your emoji filled response as a way to deflect how glaring sparse your commentations really are. Truth is, people like you don’t deserve to have a guy like Patches play on their team because people like you don’t know what you have until it’s too late and then ***** about not having a 30 goal scorer.

Please, I look forward to your emoji filled response as a way to deflect how glaring sparse your commentations really are. Truth is, people like you don’t deserve to have a guy like Patches play on their team because people like you don’t know what you have until it’s too late and then ***** about not having a 30 goal scorer.

You are just rehashing old arguments I've always said Max's issues had nothing to do with his padded stats.

Right out of Junior RickNash by season Columbus: Max Pacioretty by season Montreal

74gp 17g 22a 39pts ****Rookie out of Junior**** 34gp 3g 8a 11pts Rookie out of 1/2 season AHL
80gp 41g 16a 57pts 52gp 3g 11a 14pts ****asked to return to theAHL*****
54gp 31g 23a 54pts **** short season**** 37gp 14g 10a 24pts
75gp 27g 30a 57pts 79gp 33g 32a 65pts
80gp 38g 31a 69pts 44gp 15g 24a 39pts ****lockout****
78gp 40g 39a 79pts 73gp 39g 21a 60pts
76gp 33g 34a 67pts 80gp 37g 30a 67pts
75gp 32g 34a 66pts 82gp 30g 34a 64pts
82gp 30g 29a 59pts 81gp 35g 32a 67pts

One of these players has been far more consistent than the other as well as being noted for stellar defensive work and creating events all over the ice.
People like me deserve BETTER than what Max has provided a lazy assed poacher who doesn't cut it where and how I grew up.
Give me two strong 20's who give some and no I don't need that streaky 30 goal guy who scores a ton when NOTHING is on the line.

But hey I'm the one who doesn't understand hockey or team sports.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You are just rehashing old arguments I've always said Max's issues had nothing to do with his padded stats.

Right out of Junior RickNash by season Columbus: Max Pacioretty by season Montreal

74gp 17g 22a 39pts ****Rookie out of Junior**** 34gp 3g 8a 11pts Rookie out of 1/2 season AHL
80gp 41g 16a 57pts 52gp 3g 11a 14pts ****asked to return to theAHL*****
54gp 31g 23a 54pts **** short season**** 37gp 14g 10a 24pts
75gp 27g 30a 57pts 79gp 33g 32a 65pts
80gp 38g 31a 69pts 44gp 15g 24a 39pts ****lockout****
78gp 40g 39a 79pts 73gp 39g 21a 60pts
76gp 33g 34a 67pts 80gp 37g 30a 67pts
75gp 32g 34a 66pts 82gp 30g 34a 64pts
82gp 30g 29a 59pts 81gp 35g 32a 67pts

One of these players has been far more consistent than the other as well as being noted for stellar defensive work and creating events all over the ice.
People like me deserve BETTER than what Max has provided a lazy assed poacher who doesn't cut it where and how I grew up.
Give me two strong 20's who give some and no I don't need that streaky 30 goal guy who scores a ton when NOTHING is on the line.

But hey I'm the one who doesn't understand hockey or team sports.

Agreed.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
I know he's injured, but is he around the team still?

Have not heard anything about him since his injury. Sure he's been invisible most of the year, but this is a new level of invisible.

Is he out?? Crying in a corner?? Or is he being rehabilitated? What kind of attitude does he have??

Is he waiting for the draft or a big signing to come out of his mutism??

MODS: sry i dont start threads, merge this if you have to.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I know he's injured, but is he around the team still?

Have not heard anything about him since his injury. Sure he's been invisible most of the year, but this is a new level of invisible.

Is he out?? Crying in a corner?? Or is he being rehabilitated? What kind of attitude does he have??

Is he waiting for the draft or a big signing to come out of his mutism??

MODS: sry i dont start threads, merge this if you have to.

Havn't you heard? He's going to Florida for Tippett and two 2nds...

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Havn't you heard? He's going to Florida for Tippett and two 2nds...
It would be poetic justice if Patches was traded to the Predators this summer so he is reunited with PK Subban. They would be singing "Reunited And It Feels So Good" with Patches being Peaches and Subban being Herb.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
One thing is clear, Nash carried his team to a playoff series win. Max was invisible in th playoffs throughout his career

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The plan should be to get assets for Pacioretty and then replace him with David Perron, Evander Kane, James Neal, or JVR. But while those names are out there in the UFA market, I doubt we get much for Pacioretty. Hopefully at the draft, but we may have to wait until those players have signed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Run John Tavares Run as far away as you can from anyone you see working for the Montreal Canadiens . If any fan believes any elite free agent that has choices is going to sign with this team after seeing what goes on here with the media forget it. Players talk to each other its not just the tax issue that keeps players from wanting to play in Montreal .

Tavares is never going to sign in Montreal. Nor is Kovalchuk, whose wife is running the show (like most of our wives :sarcasm:) and I heard that she prefers NY or LA, so tiens-toé, it's going to be a Stastny-type or some borderline 2nd line C that the Habs will have to use as a 1C or someone long in the tooth who is over 35. It is what it is until the Habs draft and develop one and that's a longterm proposition and a different management contingent away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Match Pastaready

I've made several posts on the Rumors Forum contesting facile and unnecessary ethnic references where posters from other teams devise fake trades on the basis of Montreal overpaying for a player on account that he is French Canadian. The whole ethnic thing is crass and belittles us as we're here just talking sports.

So I come back to our forum and here we are having to contend with a pasta reference just cause one of our players is of Italian origin.

The same people that don't like it when French Canadian innuendo is being used unfairly, somehow are nowhere to be found when other ethnic origins are being ridiculed.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Pätches has been awful all year long, and Price not much better. Weber was injured on Day 1, maybe even during the Camp... An atrocious camp by the way.

Players just checked out during that Camp, almost, with no Radulov, no Markov, no Emelin, no Sergachev, no Beaulieu around... They just quit on their ineffective GM and clueless coaching staff.

They were expecting a top-line center... and they got Drouin !!!!!!

The ambiance has been putrid from Day 1 of that last training camp. they were due to sink, and they did.
Shea Weber's foot was cracked by a Jack Eichel slapstop in Game 1 of the 2107 season and no one outside the Montreal organization knew. Since he was a trooper, Weber continued playing until his foot prevented him from doing so and he was finally shut down for the season. There's fear his foot condition might be of the Peter Forsberg type that hindered Forsberg later in his illustrious career.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The catch22 with him is that if given a quality centre man, he gets you 40 goals.

He'll strive in a situation with a Centerman and a non hockey crazed market and that's ok. He'll be a terrific complimentary piece. As long as we get a good piece(s) in return, I say thanks for everything and I wish you well in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad