Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
The problem with that is the Habs are a privately owned entertainment business and not a public institution under control by the public. Molson might be thinking he is a great president and maybe making money is his true first concern. He and his brothers own the team and get to do what they want with it. The Habs are Molson's toy, he wants to play with it the way he wants, and little we can do about that.
Bingo... you are exactly right. The F does Molson care if we win he thinks the Habs making money is his success. Truth is a friggin dingo could be President and make money with the Habs.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
So where were they at the trade deadline?

There night be suitors but if the father of the bride wants a king's ransom, he might just scare them away. I fear The Idiot is gonna do the same with Patches that he did with PK. Refuse the best deals and then desperately accept the worst.

That's what I also believe, Bergevin did refuse to trade him for futures, because he wasn't offered what he wanted.

Cause I'm sure there were nice offers.

I sure hope he realizes that his value is at its best at the draft, his value will drop afterwards...

Damn I hope he doesn't want to sign him back...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's what I also believe, Bergevin did refuse to trade him for futures, because he wasn't offered what he wanted.

Cause I'm sure there were nice offers.

I sure hope he realizes that his value is at its best at the draft, his value will drop afterwards...

Damn I hope he doesn't want to sign him back...

I wish I know what actual offers were on the table and I also won't be surprised that Bergevin will try to re-sign Patch. I just don't see Patch wanting to commit his future to our team after the year and criticism he went through.... especially if we are after a team friendly deal. This will put a big road block on the Patch in Montreal for future years and I'm happy about it!

Cross your fingers we can get what we can on draft day. My target would be a top 10-15 range pick and another piece. I would would be willing to add pieces we don't need to make the deal work too.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So where were they at the trade deadline?

There night be suitors but if the father of the bride wants a king's ransom, he might just scare them away. I fear The Idiot is gonna do the same with Patches that he did with PK. Refuse the best deals and then desperately accept the worst.
It's not because some dumb GMs didn't come knocking that it means that our demands for Pacioretty are not realistic. We are going through the same BS that Leafs fans had to deal with when Kessel had that off-year and they were rebuilding (Kessel is superior but had a worse reputation for his defensive play plus softness). Difference here is that Pacioretty is signed to a fantastic deal. GMs who pay that price for Nash or Kane but wouldn't pay the same or a bit more for Pacioretty are morons.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I wish I know what actual offers were on the table and I also won't be surprised that Bergevin will try to re-sign Patch. I just don't see Patch wanting to commit his future to our team after the year and criticism he went through.... especially if we are after a team friendly deal. This will put a big road block on the Patch in Montreal for future years and I'm happy about it!

Cross your fingers we can get what we can on draft day. My target would be a top 10-15 range pick and another piece. I would would be willing to add pieces we don't need to make the deal work too.

I have nothing against Pacioretty, the man, but I don't want the player, wearing the C to boot, back with us for 7-8 years. Not with the actual state of the team. Nope. Good luck elsewhere.

As for the return, a mid 1st and a good prospect (center, preferably with skills and good WITH the puck, not another goddamn 2-way player good without the puck...) sounds about right to me.

What I fear in this case is that Bergevin waited too long to snap out of his delusions about the team he built (unless he didn't and Molson pressured him, that's another possibility), and that he'll wait too much for the 'right' offer at the draft table...

Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have nothing against Pacioretty, the man, but I don't want the player, wearing the C to boot, back with us for 7-8 years. Not with the actual state of the team. Nope. Good luck elsewhere.

As for the return, a mid 1st and a good prospect (center, preferably with skills and good WITH the puck, not another goddamn 2-way player good without the puck...) sounds about right to me.

What I fear in this case is that Bergevin waited too long to snap out of his delusions about the team he built (unless he didn't and Molson pressured him, that's another possibility), and that he'll wait too much for the 'right' offer at the draft table...

Let's hope for the best.

Patch is not trending well so if you were the other GM, you would want to buy low as well. I think our best strategy is futures and picks are the way to go. Think about he value of our 2017 1st before and after the draft. Once we took Poehling and he showed his offensive potential as a 18 year old, we do not want to trade him at all! It's the same with others and their picks.

- 2018 1st: Must have. It would be nice to get a pick from 10-15 range but a pick from 15-20 range might work too. Having this option available as a trade on draft day is a positive IMO

- 2020 conditional: 2nd round pick if he does not re-sign. 1st if he does. Putting conditions on Patch re-signing or not is important. If he plays with a elite level center and scores 30-40 goals and 60+ points, the team will no want to lose him.

Set the price high with picks. Asking for Grade A prospects now is not a smart strategy. Teams are not going to trade them just like we will not trade Poehling for a rental. Teams will offer you grade B prospects and we already have too many of these. Our only chance to snag a elite level center or impact player is with 1st and 2nd round picks as there is no player attached to this pick yet

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wanted to draft Pacioretty at 22 in 2007.. and was stoked when they did.

He was my favorite prospect for a long time and became one of my favorite players.

But, everything changed when he became a whiney lil bitch who just existed to get the C on his chest. At that point, his arrogance took over and his jealousy of any attention his other teammates got, really soured him as a person. The pressure of the C absolutely crushed him and he was never able to really control the room.

I'll be happy to see him go in a futures package. If it's anything else, I'll be pissed. But, he's not gonna be worth his next contract, we can't keep him here as a captain and he's checked out. It's time to move on.

Just like we should have moved on from Price before signing that gigantic extension. Price is another one, as a goalie, loved having him in the system, loved watching him become this dominant.. but the injuries are piling up, the team has become a steaming pile of hot garbage and you just can't pay a goalie that much.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
C'mon guys you need to go easy on poor Pacioretty, MB, Molson, etc because I read a piece from Jack Todd posted yesterday telling the fans they need to stop and if not Jack said he might even do this. :)
Take a break. Breathe. Give it a rest. Please – before this kindly old columnist decides to take a flying leap off the Jacques Cartier Bridge.

Should be some interesting comments about that considering what many think of Jack Todd on this site. :)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
While I agree that its probably in the best interest of all parties for Montreal to trade Pacioretty for a good, futures-oriented return, I suspect that a lot of these harsh, mean-spirited takes against Pacioretty will look pretty stupid in a year (especially since his declining production is very, very heavily luck-driven).

Reactions: Amerika

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That Pacioretty injury did look pretty bad, so not surprised. Sucks Mete is done, wasn't expecting that.
Sucks for us I doubt we get much for him now. He'll need to prove he can skate.
Chuckie took 18 months before he found his stride. Max took a full seaon to regain some speed after his previous leg issue.

Hockey Gods are not kind right now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nash is even worse

You are very far off base with your take on Rick Nash. He has always been a far far better player than Max. AINEC
Granted he has to be properly motivated but the guy did us in last year in the PLAYOFFS.
Max turtles when the heat gets turned up there is no denying it anymore.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
It just sucks he had to be THE guy here, during the Bergevin era. He was never meant to take that big of a role, despite the numbers.

He was a freakin bargain for like 6 years. Had MB not been so incompetent and actually got established talent who could relegate Patch to a complimentary role, everything would've been fine. Looking forward to the future pieces he'll bring back.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wanted to draft Pacioretty at 22 in 2007.. and was stoked when they did.

He was my favorite prospect for a long time and became one of my favorite players.

But, everything changed when he became a whiney lil ***** who just existed to get the C on his chest. At that point, his arrogance took over and his jealousy of any attention his other teammates got, really soured him as a person. The pressure of the C absolutely crushed him and he was never able to really control the room.

I'll be happy to see him go in a futures package. If it's anything else, I'll be pissed. But, he's not gonna be worth his next contract, we can't keep him here as a captain and he's checked out. It's time to move on.

Just like we should have moved on from Price before signing that gigantic extension. Price is another one, as a goalie, loved having him in the system, loved watching him become this dominant.. but the injuries are piling up, the team has become a steaming pile of hot garbage and you just can't pay a goalie that much.

Time to get rid of all the PP on the team. We started with Plek. :D
I think Price can be good with Guys who compete so he actually could bounce back next year some...
But watching our D perform this year I thought one of them was going to take him out on our own. FFS
That being said we may have to eat a pile of Cap to move him.

Just do it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You are very far off base with your take on Rick Nash. He has always been a far far better player than Max. AINEC
Granted he has to be properly motivated but the guy did us in last year in the PLAYOFFS.
Max turtles when the heat gets turned up there is no denying it anymore.
He hasn't hit 40 points in 3 seasons...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He hasn't hit 40 points in 3 seasons...
It never ceases to amaze me how uninformed some posters are. Go by players reputation from 5 yesrs earlier and projects that to today as gospel. Same guys who wanted to bring back AKosty after he went to KHL and sucked there too! :shakehead:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If that was his last game in Montreal...it's unfortunate he went out that way.

It all went wrong when he was voted captain, that was beginning of the end.
Bergevin inability to bring proper leadership after Prust, Gionta, Weaver, Malhotra, Gorges and Gonchar left was a mistake.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Bergevin inability to bring proper leadership after Prust, Gionta, Weaver, Malhotra, Gorges and Gonchar left was a mistake.

It's actually a very good post to illustrate the kind of players who have genuine leadership. It also illustrates its not nearly as valuable as Bergevin believes.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Way to go mb. Didn’t trade him at deadline and now he gets his first knee injury and is damaged goods.

Might struggle to get a first for him now. Mb you ****ing idiot.
He'll surely still be worth a 1st+..

One injury doesn't usually end someone's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad