Player Discussion Max Pacioretty -- Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I really think its time to move on from Price, Plekanec and Pacioretty. Its been 10 years with these guys in their prime and we didnt even come close to win anything, i cant imagine we will start winning now that their decline is just a couple of years ago. Same with Weber. Trade them for junior age players and picks and find a new identity to this awful team.
Price stays, the rest can go

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really think its time to move on from Price, Plekanec and Pacioretty. Its been 10 years with these guys in their prime and we didnt even come close to win anything, i cant imagine we will start winning now that their decline is just a couple of years ago. Same with Weber. Trade them for junior age players and picks and find a new identity to this awful team.

We've seen several pundits include Price and Weber as the only or among the few that Bergevin is allegedly considering as "untouchables".

I don't believe there should be any untouchables on an organization so poorly built and so dysfunctional. However, it would be a start to have most roster players made available. And of course, making them available pre-supposes "in the right deal" -- maximize their return. The cupboards are bare and the league is getting younger -- early draft picks are the currency they should be prioritizing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Aa far as i am concerned, the guy can go tomorrow and i won't feel sad. Bergevin killed my love and enthusiasm i had with this team just 3 years ago.
Everything needs to changr from top to bottom and Price is part of it.

There were early disappointing signs when Bergevin chose to hire Therrien and then favored JJD over Larry Robinson. And then when we realized that his idea of building through the draft didn't jell with ours.

And all of these small and small-minded moves involving projects and retreads was an exercise in quantity over quality, that remained a constant throughout his tenure. What's the point of focusing so much attention on small deals and not prevailing on the franchise-defining larger trades? Not to mention, continuing to rely on the same advisors who were behind major player procurement decisions. It's warped to the nth degree.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
There were early disappointing signs when Bergevin chose to hire Therrien and then favored JJD over Larry Robinson. And then when we realized that his idea of building through the draft didn't jell with ours.

And all of these small and small-minded moves involving projects and retreads was an exercise in quantity over quality, that remained a constant throughout his tenure. What's the point of focusing so much attention on small deals and not prevailing on the franchise-defining larger trades? Not to mention, continuing to rely on the same advisors who were behind major player procurement decisions. It's warped to the nth degree.

I wonder what the NY Yankees would do with management and the roster if they were going to miss the post season 3 out of 4 years and the year they made it got swept in 3 games?

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ya but Bergevin lies so why are you believing his words?
I don't care that he lies. I am not a poster who ever brought that up. Everyone lies.
And if Bergevin lied, well then, we should see him trade his vets really soon, which would make me happy. One can only hope.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No one is trading a 30 goal scorer for a 30 goal scorer. Why would a playoff team do that? If there’s a deal, it’ll be for younger players. I don’t care for Bergevin, but at this point, even he isn’t dumb enough to think that he has a competitive team or anyone coming up that’ll have an impact. He absolutely HAS to look at acquiring prospects and picks.
Why exactly can he not be ''that dumb''?
The open market will have interesting names on it. Hudon, Deslaurier, Mete, DLR, Bergevin can point to them to say he's happy and next year they should be better. He can throw out names from minors like Mac and Bak. Add them to free agents.
Bergevin does not think he needs to rebuild. He has Price, Patches, Weber, Galch, Drouin, some decent youngsters, an interesting pool of talent on the free agency market. The guy is going to bank on that.
He is not throwing in the towel and starting fresh just 2 year after trading superstar Subban and a year after trading our blue chip prospect for Drouin. The guy is way too proud and immature to admit defeat.

I am not discussing what he should or shouldn't do. I'm all for trading vets, restocking prospect pool and adding picks. Bergevin is not doing that though. I would be extremely (and pleasantly) surprised if he does.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Max Pacioretty can get the **** out...........Ive watched him play for such a long time and he inspires me to not want to watch him in a CH jersey........his stats don't show is injustice.

Reactions: Oshawa General

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I’m sure after these past couple seasons he sees that what he has isn’t working. No one is that stupid to stick with this lineup. Even fully healthy, they’d barely be a wildcard team. He’s not going to publicly say they’re throwing in the towel or make his plans known. But you have to think that logically, the Habs brass knows the trouble they’re in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder what the NY Yankees would do with management and the roster if they were going to miss the post season 3 out of 4 years and the year they made it got swept in 3 games?

Yankees don't have to deal with a Salary Cap. But your point is taken. They would not tolerate with 2 years of questionable moves by management. Molson needs to step down as President. This is problem #1 and a good president with hockey knowledge would of vetoed the Subban for Weber trade. Molson thinks money as he is a business man, not a hockey president.

Last edited:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Yankees don't have to deal with a Salary Cap. But your point is taken. They would not tolerate with 2 years of questionable moves by management. Molson needs to step down as President. This is problem #1 and a good president with hockey knowledge would of vetoed the Subban for Weber trade. Molson thinks money as he is a business man, not a hockey president.

The problem with that is the Habs are a privately owned entertainment business and not a public institution under control by the public. Molson might be thinking he is a great president and maybe making money is his true first concern. He and his brothers own the team and get to do what they want with it. The Habs are Molson's toy, he wants to play with it the way he wants, and little we can do about that.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Aa far as i am concerned, the guy can go tomorrow and i won't feel sad. Bergevin killed my love and enthusiasm i had with this team just 3 years ago.
Everything needs to changr from top to bottom and Price is part of it.

What's the point to being around something for which you have no enthusiasm, do something else. Oh the drama

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I want Patches, Pleks and any D not named Mete or Weber, gone.

Tbh, I think if we keep Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Gallagher, Mete we can build a quality team around that in time to compete. 2-3 years if done right.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I want Patches, Pleks and any D not named Mete or Weber, gone.

Tbh, I think if we keep Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Gallagher, Mete we can build a quality team around that in time to compete. 2-3 years if done right.

It'd require an insane amount of luck to achieve it that time-frame.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
^ if you don't trade any of the bolded, what kind of return do you think you're gonna get? a mid-level return for Patches and scraps for everyone else isn't going to turn this ship around...

Reactions: Rapala

G4be

Jan 22, 2014
Instead of trading our best goal scorer (except for this season), just take off the C from his jersey and give it to Weber. Do what the Sharks did to Marleau & Thornton. Keep Pacioretty and extend him 7x7 with base salary of 1.75 and the rest in signing bonus just like what MB did with Price. Then trade Andrew Shaw, Deslauriers can replace him with 3m less on cap hit.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Price stays, the rest can go
We shouldn't really pick. Maybe two can stay, maybe more, maybe none. It all depends on what you get as not everything will go at the same time.
If Price alone would get us the significant return we need, so be it, trade him.
Make everyone available, see what is the value for each player, take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad