Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I hope you enjoy those cherries you picked. If you look at his complete playoff record and only his playoff record he has 10 goals in 38 games for gpg of .26 and 19 points in those same 38 games for a ppg of .50.

I won't even mention his Olympic and World Cup stats. That'll only make everyone cry.

When the going gets tough Patches is gone. But yeah go cherry pick his stats.

Dont forger that 24 of his 35 goals this years came again the bottom 10 teams. 70% of his goals came against the worst teams in the league. Pacioretty is the worst at it.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Remember, he put himself in this position, he lobbied for the Captaincy like a politician, always requests and gets the best line-mates to play with, gets preferential assignments, always on the 1st PP, even when not producing, bottom line, he has never been a Captain anywhere in his career, this was his first gig as Captain, and we see how that's going.
Yes, he's really getting blasted, it's time for him to move on, before his value decreases even more
I'm cold on Patches but that's not really fair.

He doesn't request line-mates, come on man. And he's the best scorer on the team so of course he'll get PP time.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
meh, lots of guys couldn't step it up this year, I put some blame on the players, some of the late coaching change, and a lot on JJD.

I like Max, hope he stays around , would like to see changes in management more than anything.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
realistically , pacioretty could be traded for what ? what player could the habs get for him?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Watching here in Arizona I kept wondering if this guy was hurt (I don't get a lot of Habs news here:laugh:)

He was nowhere near the net. He made ZERO impact on the game.

If you're going to win in the playoffs you need your supposed premier players to play BETTER then they do in the regular season.

this guy is a total GOAT.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Watching here in Arizona I kept wondering if this guy was hurt (I don't get a lot of Habs news here:laugh:)

If you're going to win in the playoffs you need your supposed premier players to play BETTER then they do in the regular season.

He just shuts down when the intensity gets ratcheted up.
His snipe and opportunism has accounted for what post season production he does have.
Considering that a player like PK had 17 points in one playoff year most of which was feuled by pure desire...
Max's 19 points or is it 20 now?
Are hardly significant.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
w3JdrfZ.png

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
realistically , pacioretty could be traded for what ? what player could the habs get for him?

It would be a quality (Max) for quantity type deal. I like the Bobby Ryan comparison

A young second line winger (Silferberg/Lehkonen) + a couple firsts or equivalents.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

He's Kessel lite, cuz at least Kessel gets dirty sometimes. Max rather just fly by the action and pretend he's interested than actually doing anything.

Don Cherry can harp on Europeans all he wants, but the real ballerina here is Max. WHen guys 5-6" shorter than him are getting dirty and he's not, the rest of the team notices. Once again Gallagher was murdered on the ice while Max did is laps because god forbid I break a nail.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Out in 5. Unless finishing lower in the regular season standings somehow resulted in a better matchup for a best-of-seven series, of course.
We'd probably score two or more goals due to Subban's much better technique, composure, and offensive skills - two goals which would have propelled us to victory in the series.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
We'd probably score two or more goals due to Subban's much better technique, composure, and offensive skills - two goals which would have propelled us to victory in the series.

Interesting assertion, given that Weber has 4X more goals over the past two playoffs, and in just 6 games this year he equalled PK's career total for playoff game winning goals - his lone/last coming in '15. But this is the wrong thread.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don't think you've shown understanding of the word "exposed" yet...

I understand that Weber needs to play with a better dmen in order to look good. I understand that Bergevin and many here were wrong by thinking Weber would make this team better, which he obviously did not.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

You'd have to package him...add another player to entice the other GM...'cause any GM who has watched Pacioretty in playoffs in his last 3-4 playoff seasons will know he's a huge zero in playoffs (Radulov, Gallagher, Lehkonen...they shouldn't accept Pacioretty being here next season...why work hard in playoffs when you have a lazy *** floater Pacioretty on the team...we're not winning anything with him in the lineup).

In my dreams:
Pacioretty + Galchenyuk
FOR
Duchene + Tyson Jost + 2nd rnd pick

(playoffs...Duchene+Jost>>>>>>Pacioretty+Galchenyuk).

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Interesting assertion, given that Weber has 4X more goals over the past two playoffs, and in just 6 games this year he equalled PK's career total for playoff game winning goals - his lone/last coming in '15. But this is the wrong thread.
Generating goals, as in point production, as in Subban's superior point production to Weber throughout his career, playoff career, and every season since his freshman season.

Playoff game winning goals? Really digging deep for those numbers eh?

Subban is better at offense than Weber, that's what I'm stating. And there really wasn't any way for Price to play any better than 1.88 and 0.933 so I really do think that Subban's better point production would've been the difference maker for a team that is impotent on offense despite having Mr Weber on their blue line.

I understand that Weber needs to play with a better dmen in order to look good. I understand that Bergevin and many here were wrong by thinking Weber would make this team better, which he obviously did not.
He clearly made the team worse. Best roster since 2013 and our goal scoring withers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad