Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Even the best wingers are incredibly easy to shut down when they don't have a playmaking center.

When your number one offensive talent is a winger with limited other offensive options... your teams ****ed

I watched it for years with Alfredsson... he was a playoff choker and then when Ottawa got the 1C and a few other offensive options he exploded

What he said. Pacioretty shouldn't be top dog.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
In his two major playoff runs 2013-14 (17 games) and 2014-15 (11 games), Pacioretty had 5 goals each of those years. 10 goals in 28 games. that equates to 29 goals per 82 playoff games-which is very good. His career regular season average is 30 goals per 82 games.

One bad 6 game playoff is no basis for any conclusion. He had 28 shots on goal. Based on his career (regular season) shooting percentage of 11.4%, he'd have scored 3 goals with average luck.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
In his two major playoff runs 2013-14 (17 games) and 2014-15 (11 games), Pacioretty had 5 goals each of those years. 10 goals in 28 games. that equates to 29 goals per 82 playoff games-which is very good. His career regular season average is 30 goals per 82 games.

One bad 6 game playoff is no basis for any conclusion. He had 28 shots on goal. Based on his career (regular season) shooting percentage of 11.4%, he'd have scored 3 goals with average luck.

His shots were awful, not half as accurate and powerful than any of his shots in the regular season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Even the best wingers are incredibly easy to shut down when they don't have a playmaking center.

When your number one offensive talent is a winger with limited other offensive options... your teams ****ed

I watched it for years with Alfredsson... he was a playoff choker and then when Ottawa got the 1C and a few other offensive options he exploded

"You got to be jokin man" 10CC

Alfredsson was very much engaged all over the ice when not putting up points.
This example doesn't even come close to excusing our Captain.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
"You got to be jokin man" 10CC

Alfredsson was very much engaged all over the ice when not putting up points.
This example doesn't even come close to excusing our Captain.

Alfredsson had a stretch of three years (99-01) where the Sens were eliminated in the first round (swept twice) and Alfredsson put up 14-3-5-8

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Don't you see why prorating is silly?..It means nothing. Proof? Well, look at how much that worked out for this year. Prorate all you want, he was crap this year.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

I hope you enjoy those cherries you picked. If you look at his complete playoff record and only his playoff record he has 10 goals in 38 games for gpg of .26 and 19 points in those same 38 games for a ppg of .50.

I won't even mention his Olympic and World Cup stats. That'll only make everyone cry.

When the going gets tough Patches is gone. But yeah go cherry pick his stats.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I hope you enjoy those cherries you picked. If you look at his complete playoff record and only his playoff record he has 10 goals in 38 games for gpg of .26 and 19 points in those same 38 games for a ppg of .50.

I won't even mention his Olympic and World Cup stats. That'll only make everyone cry.

When the going gets tough Patches is gone. But yeah go cherry pick his stats.

This.

And stats never tell the whole story.

Caspers big failure this post season imo is not the lack of goals... it was the complete unwillingness to sacrifice his body for the team.

I don't get how anyone who watched this series, with radulov providing a perfect example of what a desire and commitment to win looks like, could miss just how meek and invisible Casper was in the crease and in the corners.

Refuses to stand in front of the net
Refuses to use his body to protect or regain the puck in the corners
Consistently settles for perimeter shots despite many opportunities to drive to the net

This series was full of players on both teams willing to pay the price to get to the net. Our captain, despite not contributing at all in any other area, was one of the few guys on the ice who noticeably was content to keep his nose clean (and no, picking a fight with a first year skill player just out of college means nothing).

His tone and demeanour post game says it all... the guy wasn't visibly hurting in the least, and we all know he's never been one to hide is emotions.... heck he was more angry and empassioned worrying about what PK said at the end of a meaningless game, then he is on elimination day.

Embarrassing for all the sport warriors who have proudly worn the CH on their chest.... disgusting for those Leader's that have worn the C above their heart.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
He has to go at this point. I have rarely felt so betrayed by a player. It's the playoffs for ****s sake. You gotta sacrifice, got in the corners, take a big hit to make the play, stand in front of the net, cut down the middle risking to get hit but he never did anything like that and he never will. It's not gonna be easy. A captain must lead by exemple and if I was Gally, Lehkonen, Weber, Price, I'd be pissed right now knowing Pacioretty could have been the difference maker if he actually cared enough.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Feel bad for the guy...

In 2011, he almost gets paralyzed in a Habs jersey from trying to make a play with Chara actively hunting him down for revenge... yet he comes back to be the 5 time scoring leader of the team.

Top 3 scorer of his draft year... drafted at # 22.

Always fights hard to quickly return from injuries.

but..

Centered by crappy Danault in the PO???? :shakehead

I won't pile on.

He did get cold at the wrong time, though...

j52

Mar 7, 2007
Trade him to Buffalo for picks. He is from NY state. He will
Score 35 for them in regular season. His playoff record won't matter, since Buffalo won't be in the playoffs.
Bergie can then trade the picks and anything else to pick up some Chicago and San Jose character/grinders.
He has no Heart! Worst have captain in the 57 years that
I have watched them. Bergie is the most self absorbed, clueless GM.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Captain Invisible under his leadership the habs had the worst collapse in franchise history and an embarrassing first round exit.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Trade him to Buffalo for picks. He is from NY state. He will
Score 35 for them in regular season. His playoff record won't matter, since Buffalo won't be in the playoffs.
Bergie can then trade the picks and anything else to pick up some Chicago and San Jose character/grinders.
He has no Heart! Worst have captain in the 57 years that
I have watched them. Bergie is the most self absorbed, clueless GM.

Max will likely score 40+ in Buffalo. Him and Eichel on the top line will be deadly. He's the anti-Kane (you know, family guy, doesn't stir crap).

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Every time there is pressure, he chokes. Olympic, World cup, playoffs.

Trade him. We wil' get something good.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Max and Chucky let us down, and it is disappointing, but it won't be the last time.

It is tough to watch part of your core of the team not find a way to help the team, neither one of them has the ability to adapt under adversity, they are on the boat but nowhere near the front.:laugh:

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
He might aswell get traded to his childhood team Rangers. You gotta wonder if he suck on purpose against them for years :laugh:. Lazy and untalented bum. Pathetic piece of dirt. Please GTFO.

Oshawa General

Jul 18, 2005
I actually feel bad for the guy.

Remember, he put himself in this position, he lobbied for the Captaincy like a politician, always requests and gets the best line-mates to play with, gets preferential assignments, always on the 1st PP, even when not producing, bottom line, he has never been a Captain anywhere in his career, this was his first gig as Captain, and we see how that's going.
Yes, he's really getting blasted, it's time for him to move on, before his value decreases even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig