Max Pacioretty - He wants to be Captain, but will he? (Yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
As I've been saying all along, it was idiotic for Therrien to break up the Plekanec and Pacioretty duo. I'm happy to see them together.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Pacioretty: "I didn’t sleep the past two nights. This is my life, I take this very seriously and I think all of my teammates do as well."

He cares a lot about the team winning and had a great game tonight to get us back on track!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty with 8 shots playing with Pleks.

Cant be possible, someone here said it was only possible when he is with davey

Proven time and time again that the PAtch/Pleks duo is the best.

They generate a ton of offense and draw the toughest match ups and shut down the other team at the same time. It opens up all the other lines for success.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Pacioretty with 8 shots playing with Pleks.

Cant be possible, someone here said it was only possible when he is with davey

No one said that at all. I said he had an average of 8 shots a game with davey the last two games they played together, so for a sniper that means he was give. chances to produce. I didn't say he could only do that with him, which is blatantly obvious in my post three posts above yours.

Why do you make things up?

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Some guy said "TSN still saying that Patches only wants to play with DD" without any sources and everyone ate it up.

I was listening to Habs lunch on TSN 690. Nilan had commented about Patches wanting to play with DD, and that's what they were talking about. Sorry I couldn't "source" it, I was listening to it. I thought it was interesting that they were talking about it, so I mentioned.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
As I've been saying all along, it was idiotic for Therrien to break up the Plekanec and Pacioretty duo. I'm happy to see them together.

I've always liked them together, if only by default.

Desharnais is at his best when he's the one driving the play and when he's not always looking for Pacioretty. the Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise line has been great together and should be kept together.

Plekanec struggles when it comes to generating offense on his own. He's just a more defensively minded guy, and when Pacioretty isn't on his wing, the fact Therrien uses his line almost solely as a shutdown unit doesn't help his production either. When you pair Pacioretty and Plekanec together, you get the best of both worlds. They can be sent out against anybody, shut them down, and outscore them on top of it.

Galchenyuk has reached a level where he's the one that has to control the flow of the game, and he generates a ton of chances game after game for both himself and his linemates. As far as I'm concerned, I'm tempted to say he's been our best forward so far this season, along with Gallagher and Plekanec. He's our most consistent offensive threat, and he has developed a nice chemistry with Eller. These two should probably stick together for now, in my book. I also liked Andrighetto on the RW.

I think Therrien had it right from the start. I still don't know why he decided to shake up the line-up a couple weeks ago, but what's done is done.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Fleishmann - Desharnais - Weise

To me that remains the way to go as it gets the best out of our three centers. Pairing Desharnais with Pacioretty usually means both DD and Plekanec aren't performing up to their abilities.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I was listening to Habs lunch on TSN 690. Nilan had commented about Patches wanting to play with DD, and that's what they were talking about. Sorry I couldn't "source" it, I was listening to it. I thought it was interesting that they were talking about it, so I mentioned.

Wanting to play only with DD or wanting to play with DD...big difference between the two.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
No one said that at all. I said he had an average of 8 shots a game with davey the last two games they played together, so for a sniper that means he was give. chances to produce. I didn't say he could only do that with him, which is blatantly obvious in my post three posts above yours.

You kinda did. Making nothing up just following your jibberish. You said hard pressed to get it on his stick to get those shots playing with pleks or galch unlike davey.

Guess it wasnt so difficult as you state.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Wanting to play only with DD or wanting to play with DD...big difference between the two.

This

No doubt in my mind that Patches wants to play with DD, their like bff, heck last year when MT played them on different lines, Patches was talking to media about it and comparing it breaking up with a gf...

Their have history going back to Patches AHL days, DD was his centre when Patches took over in the AHL, maybe that' why.

Even though I think that wack, when called up that year, Patches even produced with Gomez as his centre.

Nynja*

You're looking at one part of the picture and ignoring the other part.

Washington: Patch 9 shots, Davey and Weise 2 shots total

Ottawa: Patch 8 shots, Plek 5 shots, Byron 0...but that was expected because we all knew Byron was the weak link on that line.

Nynja*

I think Therrien had it right from the start. I still don't know why he decided to shake up the line-up a couple weeks ago, but what's done is done.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Fleishmann - Desharnais - Weise

Screen-Shot-2015-11-22-at-8.17.46-PM-640x424.png

That might be why he shook that line up lol

But yeah, there was no reason to touch the other two lines. He tried DSP in Gallys spot, looked good for one game then got hurt (thats the only reason I can think of why he got demoted so fast). At that point he SHOULD have been rotating fourth liners / callups in that spot as well as giving Chucky a couple double shifts there (if he insists that Eller/Ghetto dont deserve more than 12 min) until he finds a player that works. If all else fails, THEN you consider breaking up the working lines or you just pick the best of the callups and ride it out till Gally is back.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Screen-Shot-2015-11-22-at-8.17.46-PM-640x424.png

That might be why he shook that line up lol

But yeah, there was no reason to touch the other two lines. He tried DSP in Gallys spot, looked good for one game then got hurt (thats the only reason I can think of why he got demoted so fast). At that point he SHOULD have been rotating fourth liners / callups in that spot as well as giving Chucky a couple double shifts there (if he insists that Eller/Ghetto dont deserve more than 12 min) until he finds a player that works. If all else fails, THEN you consider breaking up the working lines or you just pick the best of the callups and ride it out till Gally is back.

Therrien is pretty predictable in his predeliction to match DD and Patches when a few losses occur. I think he'd do that every game if it was only in his hands.

Personally I love the way DD has played on a lesser line. I don't think Pacioretty has recovered completely. I have no evidence though. Just optical opinion.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
You kinda did. Making nothing up just following your jibberish. You said hard pressed to get it on his stick to get those shots playing with pleks or galch unlike davey.

Guess it wasnt so difficult as you state.

No, I didn't. I'm not sure if you're talking to yourself or not but you're awfully condescending for someone who can only see in hindsight.

While we're at it though, because people here seem incapable of seeing into a post, who passed to pacioretty for his goal?

My point was that it wasn't a dumb idea to get a guy like pacioretty someone like desharnais to try and give him scoring chances. He had 16 shots. People here make it seem like he generated nothing.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No, I didn't. I'm not sure if you're talking to yourself or not but you're awfully condescending for someone who can only see in hindsight.

While we're at it though, because people here seem incapable of seeing into a post, who passed to pacioretty for his goal?

My point was that it wasn't a dumb idea to get a guy like pacioretty someone like desharnais to try and give him scoring chances. He had 16 shots. People here make it seem like he generated nothing.

Honestly how many of those 16 shots were scoring chances?
Truth be told Max did a good job of keeping the opposing tender warm in that one.
The idea was terrible given the circumstances.
The minute we put them together our eggs become easier to break.
We are far more flexible keeping them apart.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Honestly how many of those 16 shots were scoring chances?
Truth be told Max did a good job of keeping the opposing tender warm in that one.
The idea was terrible given the circumstances.
The minute we put them together our eggs become easier to break.
We are far more flexible keeping them apart.

Coming off a win and not a string of terrible performances that seems awfully easy to say.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Coming off a win and not a string of terrible performances that seems awfully easy to say.

Well its not like I wasn't always opposed to it.
My stance has never waivered and I don't think I ever sat on the fence with regards to Max.
I was pushing and damn near pleading for a Max Plecky pairing two years ago in more than one thread.
I just think Max's value to the club is best suited in that role.
I also advocate moving him around some in game situations to break a unfavorable matchup.
This would include using him with DD and or AG periodically.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Yeah,
All is forgiven until the next time he goes MIA.
He needs to put together a string of good games and it's clear his pace is coming around some.

Last time i checked hockey was a team game. The habs have been playing for the most part very well and this despite losing their best player now include two heart and soul type players like Gallagher and Mitchell and you have a recipe for disaster but nope they are putting up a good fight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Last time i checked hockey was a team game. The habs have been playing for the most part very well and this despite losing their best player now include two heart and soul type players like Gallagher and Mitchell and you have a recipe for disaster but nope they are putting up a good fight.

Which is exactly when your leader(s) are supposed to show?
Can we look beyond the points and find the other values that can make this player special?
Max has been saying the right things all along but it didn't or wasn't translating into good hockey on the ice. I could care less if he ever scores as long as his feet are moving and he is working for the entire forty seconds he is out there for. Do this this shift in and shift out and gtf off the ice when you are done. When Max does this he is cause for concern all over the ice. It is what a Captain is supposed to do. We all have our favorites for different reasons but we should all be able to distinguish when they are playing well and when they aren't wouldn't you say?

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Which is exactly when your leader(s) are supposed to show?
Can we look beyond the points and find the other values that can make this player special?
Max has been saying the right things all along but it didn't or wasn't translating into good hockey on the ice. I could care less if he ever scores as long as his feet are moving and he is working for the entire forty seconds he is out there for. Do this this shift in and shift out and gtf off the ice when you are done. When Max does this he is cause for concern all over the ice. It is what a Captain is supposed to do. We all have our favorites for different reasons but we should all be able to distinguish when they are playing well and when they aren't wouldn't you say?

The "C" is a letter on the shirt. Everyone in that dressing room is responsible for the teams success! If Patches appears to be in a bit of a funk someone else steps up!! And vice versa. BTW Montreal were in every game so let's just chill out. Pacioretty is fine.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

You said galch and pleks would be hard pressed to put pacioretty in a position to get 16 shots over two games and that Davey could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad