Max Pacioretty - He wants to be Captain, but will he? (Yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Of course there's a massive bashfest against Pacioretty on these boards. We're playing 5 forwards who were not even supposed to be starters this season, yet people wonder why opponents pay more attention to him.

Bergevin has to make a move, that's all. People are praising our "depth" and everything, fact is our forward group looks like Carolina's right now with all those injuries.

So hypocritical :laugh:

You jump to defend Pacioretty, one of the habs worst and most invisible players over the past 15 games, yet you get on the "bashfest" train on Galchenyuk in his thread after two bad games coming off a 15 game stretch where he was the Habs' best forward. Even Pacioretty commented on how bad he's been after last nights game. He's been awful.

You should not be one to complain about bashing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wasn't it spoken about as if it were fact, or speculative?

I just can't believe that Pacioretty would be that dumb.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd say he has to step it up, but by now we all know who Max Pacioretty is... He's playing solid defensively and on the PK, and he's on pace for his 35 goals and 65-70 pts while being mostly invisible. Analytics would suggest he's extremely effective, but he just leaves me wanting more, now more than ever with the C.

Well there is nothing of the Wolverine in his current game and pace is a funny thing it is often misleading. There is no way in hell he gets anywhere near those numbers unless he takes his game to another level. Max needs to feed Max and not rely on Chucky nor on DD or Plecky.
He is at his best when he creates his own turnovers and is pushing the pace through the neutral zone.
Flat footed hanging at the blue sucks for him...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't know if Pacioretty really wants to play with DD. We do have indications in the past that he felt that way at the moment, but it doesn't mean he feel the same way.

Even if it's the case, Pacioretty isn't the boss. Even as a Captain he isn't. If he's allowed to decide who he's playing with, Subban, Markov, Plekanec and Price can dictate also since their Rep are even higher.

But if it were the case, and Pacioretty keep asking to play with Davey.....the coach or the organisation might wanna take the necessary actions.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
I don't know if Pacioretty really wants to play with DD. We do have indications in the past that he felt that way at the moment, but it doesn't mean he feel the same way.

Even if it's the case, Pacioretty isn't the boss. Even as a Captain he isn't. If he's allowed to decide who he's playing with, Subban, Markov, Plekanec and Price can dictate also since their Rep are even higher.

But if it were the case, and Pacioretty keep asking to play with Davey.....the coach or the organisation might wanna take the necessary actions.

He had 16 shots in two games playing with DD

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
He had 16 shots in two games playing with DD

And how many missed... (9+7 for patch against cap)

That was use so many time to support both Galch and Eller... double standard for DD and Patche analysis in here.

Against Cap, that line finish -1 so lost. But in term of corsi... ridicule domination. Check it Milhouse for fun...

Include the defense stats too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I still think the guy is not a 100%.

Agreed but he has picked up a full step since game one IMO.
Funny how things were bouncing his way early on...
He scored a lot of ugly goals if we are honest with ourselves.
I don't remember any on a break and only a couple with his sick release.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
If it's true he only wants to play with DD, he's a disgrace to this organization and can get the **** out. I highly doubt he's that stupid though. He's just lazy and uninspired.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Funny how so many people here would be perfectly happy if he was playing the same but there was a three second .gif of him yelling on the bench.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
If it's true he only wants to play with DD, he's a disgrace to this organization and can get the **** out. I highly doubt he's that stupid though. He's just lazy and uninspired.
I think the issue is more about TOI, a player like Pacioretty should average at least 20 minutes per games and play with the best center at all times.

If I was him I would want to play with DD too. Not because he's lazy but he's more likely to succeed with DD on this team with the current line up.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I think the issue is more about TOI, a player like Pacioretty should average at least 20 minutes per games and play with the best center at all times.

If I was him I would want to play with DD too. Not because he's lazy but he's more likely to succeed with DD on this team with the current line up.

He should play with Plekanec then as he's clearly a better center than DD.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
So pleks all the time then.

Like I said, Pacioretty had 16 shots on goal in two games with DD. Galchenyuk and Plekanec would be hard pressed to put it on his stick anywhere near the bet that many times a game. No matter how much you guy hate DD and have a hard-on for Galchenyuk. I'm indifferent to who centers Pacioretty as I don't think it will make much of a difference. The team plays well only through its depth not a fantasy top line like Dallas or 2010 Sens.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Big words from him today...

Now it's on him to lead by example, I hope he is up to that challenge

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Pacioretty with 8 shots playing with Pleks.

Cant be possible, someone here said it was only possible when he is with davey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad