Player Discussion Mattias Ekholm

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
IMO, price is too steep, salary is too big, and I'm afraid of him having a big regression from this miracle season. Still think it's an outlier.

Not to mention that the current Ekholm/Bouchard pairing is a match made in heaven. If it ain't broken....
I agree with the bolded.
I mean acquiring Karlsson is not likely to happen but (totally hypothetical) pairing him with Nurse may help Nurse as well. Nurse currently has trouble making decisions so pairing him with Karlsson would simplify Nurses game...he would have to focus on defense.
That would certainly minimize the amount of times I see Nurse fleeing the D zone at inopportune times.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Karlsson would be a good add to push more offense when McDrai aren't on the ice and allow us to have 2 elite offensive D with both Connor and Leon on the ice. That said we could use someone to settle Nurse's game.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
If we could bring in Karlsson and send out nurse it would be ideal.
Had the same thought some month ago, but changed my mind recently, thanks to Ekholm, who solved the 2nd pair(Bouchard) and eased up the minutes for Nurse.

Karlsson is a worldplayer, and his best defense is creating offense from behind.

Nurse is overpayed and has flaws, but we need his toughness, we will be way to soft if trade him to bring in Karlsson.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
If we could bring in Karlsson and send out nurse it would be ideal.
Look how much Nurse improved wity the addition of Ekholm. Now we're not gonna bring in another Ekholm type player, but another supporting D amd Nurse could blossom into that contract

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Karlsson would be a good add to push more offense when McDrai aren't on the ice and allow us to have 2 elite offensive D with both Connor and Leon on the ice. That said we could use someone to settle Nurse's game.
But I thought getting Ekholm was going to take all the pressure off Darnell ? Now we need another top pairing D-man to baby sit his **s, LOL.

No matter who he's paired with, heck even prime Christopher Robert Pronger he will still make the dumb**s mistakes on regular basis.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
But I thought getting Ekholm was going to take all the pressure off Darnell ? Now we need another top pairing D-man to baby sit his **s, LOL.

No matter who he's paired with, heck even prime Christopher Robert Pronger he will still make the dumb**s mistakes on regular basis.
I would look to move him to some team that thinks that he's an advanced stats darling. Guy makes some absolutely terrible defensive reads.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
Haha, I've never seen that before. Makes sense now
Nordic countries are pretty unique. For example, in Iceland, unless a family had a specific surname before 1925 (i.e. Gunnar Stahl), people are required to follow the patronym or matronym strategy for last names.

This means your surname will be your parent's first name + a suffix. The suffix will be determined by your gender at birth. Boys get the -sson suffix and girls get the -sdóttir.

So if your dad's name is Erick, your last name might be Ericksson or Ericksdóttir depending on whether you're Erick's son or daughter. Here are some other examples:

Gunnarsdóttir or Gunnarsson
Jónsdóttir or Jónsson
Kristjánsson or Kristjánsdóttir
Sigurðardóttir or Sigurðsson
Ólafsson or Ólafsdóttir
Magnúsdóttir or Magnússon
Jóhannsson or Jóhannsdóttir
Björnsdóttir or Björnsson
Árnason or Árnadóttir

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nordic countries are pretty unique. For example, in Iceland, unless a family had a specific surname before 1925 (i.e. Gunnar Stahl), people are required to follow the patronym or matronym strategy for last names.

This means your surname will be your parent's first name + a suffix. The suffix will be determined by your gender at birth. Boys get the -sson suffix and girls get the -sdóttir.

So if your dad's name is Erick, your last name might be Ericksson or Ericksdóttir depending on whether you're Erick's son or daughter. Here are some other examples:

Gunnarsdóttir or Gunnarsson
Jónsdóttir or Jónsson
Kristjánsson or Kristjánsdóttir
Sigurðardóttir or Sigurðsson
Ólafsson or Ólafsdóttir
Magnúsdóttir or Magnússon
Jóhannsson or Jóhannsdóttir
Björnsdóttir or Björnsson
Árnason or Árnadóttir
Russia is kinda like that

Reactions: Oilhawks

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
What are peoples general expectations for Ekholm’s point production this season? Will he get the PP2 time, or will that go to Nurse?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What are peoples general expectations for Ekholm’s point production this season? Will he get the PP2 time, or will that go to Nurse?
Well he over doubled his P/GP from Nashville. 0.67 in the season and .58 playoffs.

He didn't get PP time and I'd expect that to continue. We will want to use him as a horse at even strength and PK. Nurse too actually.

One factor is Bouchard. Ekholm had points stapled to Bouchard but there is speculation that there may be a shake up and Bouchard go with Nurse. That would change his role and points.

Still, I'd think still 50+ points just because he will get a lot of minutes on a team that will spend a lot of time in the offensive zone

Reactions: Random Comment

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
50+ points seems a little high to me, that's probably a best case scenario. I do see him in that 40+ point range though which is ridiculous for how much he will be relied on defensively.

I'm expecting at least 60+ points from Bouchard and think Nurse will continue at a 40+ point pace as well given how he continues to contribute at even strength.

For me it's less about Ekholm and Nurses ability on the PP and more about how you dont want to overwork them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad