Player Discussion Mattias Ekholm

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
What are peoples general expectations for Ekholm’s point production this season? Will he get the PP2 time, or will that go to Nurse?
PP2 time means little to nothing on this team since the PP1 plays for 85% of the power play. PP2 usually gets enough time for 1 partial rush

Anything above 40 EVP would be great for Ekholm. For Nurse, he got around 42 EVP last year, I’d hope he’d get 50 at his price tag

Reactions: Random Comment

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
PP2 time means little to nothing on this team since the PP1 plays for 85% of the power play. PP2 usually gets enough time for 1 partial rush

Anything above 40 EVP would be great for Ekholm. For Nurse, he got around 42 EVP last year, I’d hope he’d get 50 at his price tag
It means something in the event of a Bouchard injury, but I see your point.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Interview with Mattias Ekholm in a Swedish newspaper. Short translation.

He and his wife spent this summer in Edmonton because of baby Leon (who the proud father is trying to soothe while doing the interview). He says that this year the oilers WILL win the cup. Being in Edmonton the entire summer he's been able to use the Oiler facilities and trainers, which is just a bit different to the local gym in his home town and he's impressed by both trainers and facility. Especially the two trainers are amazing. And he's feeling reinvigorated and ready for the season to begin.

His kids were sad leaving Nashville and their friends, but since Canada or at least Edmonton is like Sweden they have already found new friends and are able to hang out with the neighborhood kids in each others homes like Ekholm did in his home town as a kid. Which they weren't able to do in Nashville.

Everyone in Edmonton from the owner, manager, hot dog sellers are going all in for the cup. Says that there was that one period in game seven when everything turned and it still stings. Seven or eight players are already on ice together, McDavid is flying in next week (he's the one who's made the team play together before the camp starts).

Interview has to end because Leon has woken up and is not happy with his father. Ekholm and his wife are planning on coming back to Sweden in June 2024. With the cup.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just watched highlights from the Captain's Skate and was really impressed with Ekholm's skating through the agility course. Didn't know he could skate like that. Bouchard is looking good too. Maybe it's working already. lol...

Reactions: ujju2 and Mr McV

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I really enjoy his candid assessments of the team's perfmances, good or bad. He doesn't mince words or give a bunch of cliches. If they are shit, he says so, but then also gives them credit when they play well.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
I really enjoy his candid assessments of the team's perfmances, good or bad. He doesn't mince words or give a bunch of cliches. If they are shit, he says so, but then also gives them credit when they play well.
In the post game interview with Gene he mentioned the players had a “nice conversation” after the first period about effort. I pictured viking Ekholm battle crying and doing wwe moves on Connor Brown to put the fear of god in everyone.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I know we were all dreaming about Karlsson last year but we couldn't have found a more perfect defenseman in a trade. I wonder if Nashville is regretting this a bit...

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
45P pace per 82 (season+playoffs) since joining the Oilers and mostly even strength. Always felt like he had some underrated offensive ability and he's showing it on a more offensive team. If Ekholm isn't a #1D to you then you don't know hockey simple as that.

Reactions: ujju2 and guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2