Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
@TheNumber4

Looks like you're the one that really needs to pay attention to the games if you've been thinking that Monahan has been our top line center and that Puljujarvi is better than Tkachuk. Pretty good laugh for the night, thanks.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
@TheNumber4

Looks like you're the one that really needs to pay attention to the games if you've been thinking that Monahan has been our top line center and that Puljujarvi is better than Tkachuk. Pretty good laugh for the night, thanks.
Mony as your top line center was more of a jab. I know Lindholm has been in the better graces of Flames fans and Mony is in the dog house with Flames fans for awhile now.

I don’t purport to be a Flames expert, but I’ll say this. Pulju>Tkachuk in all head to head matchups this year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@TheNumber4

Why do you keep engaging that guy? You know exactly what he's doing, he's trying to bait you into reactions

Reactions: TheNumber4

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Tkachuk has played with either Backlund or Lindholm as his center, of course his defensive metrics are going to look good.

I know his numbers may make it seem like he's a play driver, but he's really not that effective. He's a good half zone offensive threat, but relies heavily on his center to do the heavy lifting through the neutral zone. That's why he and Lindholm struggled to create offense on their own, because Lindholm isn't a great puck carrier either (at least not compared to Backlund).

He does draw a lot of penalties, but he takes a lot as well.

There's a lot to like about Tkachuk but I feel like his intangibles and overall impact get overblown. And being unique isn't inherently valuable.
I do agree with you that he isn't great carrying the puck through the neutral zone. That is correct. That he doesn't help with possession isn't correct. Tkachuk is one of the best players in the league at getting the puck out on a breakout. He has the hands, ability to make quick decisions and the size to handle pressure coming down from defensemen. This is something the Flames need playing with Gaudreau as that's his biggest flaw. He never gets the puck out when it comes up his wall.

Tkachuk draws a heck of a lot more penalties than he takes too. It's more than double.

Lindholm moves the puck through the neutral zone quite well. Not as well as Backlund, but there's only a few players better at that than Backlund. I'd say Lindholm is above average at that.

I do agree with you playing with Backlund and Lindholm is a big part of his defensive metrics, but the same can be said of Marchand and Pastrnak.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He got sparse PP minutes. Deserved more. He’s got plenty of hockey sense, defensively especially. If you saw him this year and didn’t think he had hockey sense, you were probably weren’t paying attention. He played with top line players cause he is a top line player. Please continue to play the Chiasson > Pulju argument, I would wager no one in the world would agree with you.
This is a laughable post. Not much point in discussing things with you.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Whisky is convinced Bennett is a top 10 center in the league
Ahh right Bennett. Always thought he tried too hard and was a bit of puck hog for how little he executes. But then his turnaround in Florida speaks to maybe him being a better player than most thought.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Whisky is convinced Bennett is a top 10 center in the league
I always thought Bennett would end up as a more honest Ryan Kesler. It's reasonable to say the Flames seriously mishandled Bennett and Kylington.

Saying he's a top 10 center is ridiculous, but saying he had more in the right situation than we saw in Calgary is fair.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sure sure. “laughable” or you can’t come up with a reply.
Saying Tkachuk who has 5 times the amount of points that Puljujarvi does, while being more physical, better defensively and drawing the most penalties in the league isn't as good as Puljujarvi is ridiculous.

Especially when he played with the best offensive player in the league. Only someone either really obtuse or trolling could write that.

Ledge And Dairy

I always thought Bennett would end up as a more honest Ryan Kesler. It's reasonable to say the Flames seriously mishandled Bennett and Kylington.

Saying he's a top 10 center is ridiculous, but saying he had more in the right situation than we saw in Calgary is fair.
Oh I wanted Bennett to play 2C going into this season. In hindsight Monahan should have gone on LTIR after being sidelined in game 15, Lindholm moved to 1C and run Bennett at 2C until SM was healthy, then slide EL back to wing. Bennett's situation was very poorly handed and I am very happy he is finding success in Florida. My point was more on how users on here like Whisky and OKG completely ignore that Bennett's metrics were abysmal (yet rely so heavily on metrics to undermine Monahan) and blindly say he is a clear bonafide 1C around the league

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Saying Tkachuk who has 5 times the amount of points that Puljujarvi does, while being more physical, better defensively and drawing the most penalties in the league isn't as good as Puljujarvi is ridiculous.

Especially when he played with the best offensive player in the league. Only someone either really obtuse or trolling could write that.

Tkachuck also has Less speed, less motor, less size, less skill. And no, he’s not better than Pulju defensively. Draws penalties and physicality I will give you tho, but head to head Pulju rocked Tkachuk on a couple occasions this year.

We can agree to disagree. I know I’m not changing any minds. But post history will always be there, we can revisit this next year when Pulju cements himself as being worthy of his pre-draft rankings.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Tkachuck also has Less speed, less motor, less size, less skill. And no, he’s not better than Pulju defensively. Draws penalties and physicality I will give you tho, but head to head Pulju rocked Tkachuk on a couple occasions this year.

We can agree to disagree. I know I’m not changing any minds. But post history will always be there, we can revisit this next year when Pulju cements himself as being worthy of his pre-draft rankings.
Lol, less skill? Less motor? Is that you Trudeau? It must be because reality is being skewed.

It's more reasonable to say Monahan is better than McDavid than Puljujarvi is better than Tkachuk.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol, less skill? Less motor? Is that you Trudeau? It must be because reality is being skewed.

It's more reasonable to say Monahan is better than McDavid than Puljujarvi is better than Tkachuk.
Eww gross. I’m talking to a “F*CK Trudeau” flag on truck guy?

Think it’s unreasonable as much as you want. Your a flames homer, I’m an Oilers homer. We won’t find common ground. But like I said, agree to disagree for now and we’ll see who’s eye test is better after another year. Pulju is just getting started.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Eww gross. I’m talking to a “F*CK Trudeau” flag on truck guy?

Think it’s unreasonable as much as you want. Your a flames homer, I’m an Oilers homer. We won’t find common ground. But like I said, agree to disagree for now and we’ll see who’s eye test is better after another year. Pulju is just getting started.
Nope, you're an Oilers homer and clearly don't know the sport well. I have eyes and can tell McDavid is better than Monahan.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nope, you're an Oilers homer and clearly don't know the sport well. I have eyes and can tell McDavid is better than Monahan.
We shall see Jets or Flames homer. Agree to disagree already, the new season will be upon us soon and crow will be served.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We shall see Jets or Flames homer. Agree to disagree already, the new season will be upon us soon and crow will be served.
It's already served. That you think a player who has scored 5 times the amount of points the other one has is less skilled shows that you don't have a grasp on reality.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Id love for the ducks to offer a package of our older guys that dont fit the young core like manson, rakell, fowler. Something like that of equivalent value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad