Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
If little Walt tells the Flames that he will not re-up and wants to play in St. Louis, what recourse do they have but to get anything they can get for him. Tough situation to be in!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
If little Walt tells the Flames that he will not re-up and wants to play in St. Louis, what recourse do they have but to get anything they can get for him. Tough situation to be in!

You're too late for Tkachuk talk, we've now transitioned to "Is Sam Bennett a 1C or no?" and an invigorating game of tummy sticks. It's going to be a long 4 weeks till the draft.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
32 points in 53 games this year. That's a 50 point pace, almost exclusively at even strength. Explain how that's his peak next year playing as an actual top 6 center.
And 4 years as a bottom 6 player. Bennett is a good player. But def not a 1C until he proves it over a 82 game season. Even in Fla he was centering 2nd for his 20 game hot streak, while Barkov drew other teams best Defensemen.. smh

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
And 4 years as a bottom 6 player. Bennett is a good player. But def not a 1C until he proves it over a 82 game season. Even in Fla he was centering 2nd for his 20 game hot streak, while Barkov drew other teams best Defensemen.. smh
He was playing 20 mins a night. You know some first line caliber centers actually center their teams second line, right? Draisaitl, Malkin, Tavares etc.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He was playing 20 mins a night. You know some first line caliber centers actually center their teams second line, right? Draisaitl, Malkin, Tavares etc.
Those first caliber centers when shifted. To wing also produce more then 40 pts as a career high in a season. Bennett is a solid player. And he has a good history of upping his game in the playoffs. If he does develop into a late bloomer and become a 2nd line guy that’s a tremendous win for FLA.
Until he can play the middle thru the rigors of a full schedule and continue to produce like he has in the games right after the trade, he still will be only thought of as a bottom 6 guy who got hit and went on a tear when he was traded. There are tons of those stories throughout the years of players catching fire with their new teams. Eventually, they come back to reality. I don’t think Bennett is a line driver, he had some good chemistry with his wings in FLA and he’s known for upping his game in the playoffs. I’m sure many teams would love to add him. But that’s way too small of a sample size over a 6 year career. It’s not like he hasn’t lined up as center at all prior to the trade. Calgary played him everywhere up and down the line up. At this point in a full year his career high is 38 points.
Projections are nice, but they don’t account for cold streaks, injuries, etc. as a rangers fan, I would never call Panarin a 130pt winger, or Zibby a 60 plus goal center just based of projections of 1 part or a whole shortened season
It’s like Sabres fans calling Eichel a 90-100pt top 5 center. Currently his high is 78 pts. Is he capable with better line mates? Maybe. Is he durable enough to play all 82 games? Not so far. It’s a lot of IF’s and Buts. But if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Those first caliber centers when shifted. To wing also produce more then 40 pts as a career high in a season. Bennett is a solid player. And he has a good history of upping his game in the playoffs. If he does develop into a late bloomer and become a 2nd line guy that’s a tremendous win for FLA.
Until he can play the middle thru the rigors of a full schedule and continue to produce like he has in the games right after the trade, he still will be only thought of as a bottom 6 guy who got hit and went on a tear when he was traded. There are tons of those stories throughout the years of players catching fire with their new teams. Eventually, they come back to reality. I don’t think Bennett is a line driver, he had some good chemistry with his wings in FLA and he’s known for upping his game in the playoffs. I’m sure many teams would love to add him. But that’s way too small of a sample size over a 6 year career. It’s not like he hasn’t lined up as center at all prior to the trade. Calgary played him everywhere up and down the line up. At this point in a full year his career high is 38 points.
Projections are nice, but they don’t account for cold streaks, injuries, etc. as a rangers fan, I would never call Panarin a 130pt winger, or Zibby a 60 plus goal center just based of projections of 1 part or a whole shortened season
It’s like Sabres fans calling Eichel a 90-100pt top 5 center. Currently his high is 78 pts. Is he capable with better line mates? Maybe. Is he durable enough to play all 82 games? Not so far. It’s a lot of IF’s and Buts. But if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle
Bennett was never given an opportunity to center a top 6 line in Calgary.

Some players are better suited to play either wing or center, Bennett isn't one of them. Is it really all that surprising that a guy would struggle to produce while playing out of position with guys like Mark Jankowski and Garnet Hathaway?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
SOB flapping his big stupid mouth really isn't a legitimate rumor for anything. He's famous for it.

How many times has a player of this caliber actually used the QO to get a one year deal and walk themselves to UFA? I can't think of any, but you'd think it's a foregone conclusion reading this thread

For me it would be Eichel or bust but just for the sake of argument from STL I think Kyrou + Thomas would be enough to get the talks started.

And that's where the phone hangs up lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad