Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yes, those Rangers would not have started any fights but you can not assure anyone that Carter and Janssen and such would not have jumped Gaborik, Stepan, Richards and Zuccarello though!! As a coach you can not put those players you mentioned in that position, you have to put your toughest players out on the ice!! Could only imagine the headlines if one of those players was jumped and injured! It is a amazing how in todays society the victum is at fault! Your thought process is just horrible and everything thats wrong in todays society. I guess you also believe the home owner is to blame when the criminal breaks into their house and gets shot!!

So the Rangers would have got a 5 minute powerplay and those other players would have been ejected from the game?

They would not have done that anyway. When was the last time a goon randomly jumped a star player in a predetermined fight for no reason? People always say this stuff and it doesn't happen anymore.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Torts caused the brawl. If he just put out his first line knowing the other team had the 4th line out nothing would have happened. I can assure you Gaborik, Stepan, Richards, Zuccarello etc. would not have been out there fighting Carter and Janssen and such.

Yeah, I'm sure the Debbies would have just done a quick change rather than have their goons attack our stars.

Yeah. Sure. OK. LOL.

Blaming Torts for that is utterly laughable.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
cam jassen is also a meathead.. he ended kaberles career with a late late hit, he had no regards for star players..

"you might get a 5 minute powerplay"? lol, has that ever happened? maybe a ranger star gets hurt, especcially with janseen. torts did the right thing.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
st4fVJa.gif

Since the call up…

With Rempe:
11-2-1
Without Rempe:
5-3-0

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It turned into a galvanizing moment for the playoff-bound Rangers.

"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a team-building exercise, in a sense" said captain Jacob Trouba, who was among the five Rangers' fighters and one of four who was then tossed from the game. "We're all in this thing together. He's not left out there on his own. We're all with him, every step of the way."

Upon watching the replay, Rempe said he came away most impressed with Miller, who had his way with Marino in his first career fight.

They were among the last players to engage, with Miller coolly describing how it went down.

"I was watching the fireworks go off, and all of a sudden I saw one of their guys come over to our side of the ice," he said. "He looked at me, kind gave me a nod, and I was like, ‘Eh, why not?’ I thought it was going to be a bad idea. I guess he found out."

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
"I want to show to the coaching staff that I can be a really effective player in playoffs," said Rempe, who's appeared in 14 games so far but has only accumulated 76 minutes of total ice time. "I’ve just got to keep working every day. When I was out of the lineup, I’m working with the coaches on everything and just trying to try to get better.

"I want to be a good player. I don't want to just be known as a guy who just fights. I want to be known as a guy who's tough, but I want to be known as a guy who, ‘Wow, this guy is a very effective bottom-six forward who can skate, be really good checker, can be physical, be good defensively, maybe eventually be a penalty killer one day.' That's what I want to be."

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
My social media feeds blew up yesterday with that line brawl. It’s polarised the hockey community and even made the evening news in Australia.

So much better than the usual 2 or 3 players everyone fawns over.

the main boards told me that fighting will make people not want to watch hockey ever again
Yeah, folks say that. But they’re full of shit.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
My social media feeds blew up yesterday with that line brawl. It’s polarised the hockey community and even made the evening news in Australia.

So much better than the usual 2 or 3 players everyone fawns over.

Yeah, folks say that. But they’re full of shit.
Beta male talk. Probably guys who've never played the game or any competitive sports for that matter. Fighting is beautiful and exciting and it's one of those chaotic things that makes life interesting. I'll never understand it any other way,

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I like how Debbies fans only talked about the main event fight where their guy had the slight advantage and forget the other 4 where they got pummeled, lol.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rempe's been talking to Darcy Hordichuk too. 'I'm just so pumped to be seeing these Rempe's coming into the league. I said dude don't change a thing'. All the old guys just love him.

• Love
Reactions: Row I Goon

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I understand the NHL's "unofficial" concerns about CTE and concussions for liability reasons, but if players chose to engage in this then the league should embrace it. The NHL and hockey as a whole was entirely relevant EVERYWHERE because of this. It is the kind of reach that you generally cannot even play for, yet the league continues to run from it. The rule itself is idiotic because even without the rule this kind of thing would not happen regularly. If the players came back even with 10 min misconducts, the rest of the game viewers would have been on the edge of their seats waiting to see what might happen next. That is the beauty of the sport, the multi directional types of entertainment that it can offer during any given game, yet the league would rather focus on these stupid f***ing offsides reviews and limiting fighting rather than giving fans more actual content that can span so many different ways organically. Even if you allowed the rules of the 70s and 80s, the players of today are never going back to that kind of goonery because many of them are scared of it. The league's national broadcast partner was GUSHING about this last night and featuring almost every angle of it to promote the NHL product. The league just needs to embrace that this is still a violent game by nature...

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I like how Debbies fans only talked about the main event fight where their guy had the slight advantage and forget the other 4 where they got pummeled, lol.
Macdermid is one of the toughest guys in the league and has years of fighting experience. He should have the advantage against a 21 year old rookie that hasn't grown into his body yet.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Macdermid is one of the toughest guys in the league and has years of fighting experience. He should have the advantage against a 21 year old rookie that hasn't grown into his body yet.
Exactly. Rempe at 29 will be much stronger than 21. Even with that disadvantage he landed a couple of flush shots to MacDermid’s face. Looking the heavyweight champ just a few years out.

Now taken on all the top guys in his 2nd pro season. Who would’ve imagined coming into Hartford out of the WHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad