Pascal Vincent: Stay or Go?

Will the Jackets fire Pascal Vincent?

• Total voters

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I work for a large corporation and hate the term "culture." It is a stupid corporate word that has no real meaning. No one finishes with a terrible record and brags about their "culture." Winning teams always seem to tout the "culture." Get better players and a better coach and in some magic way the "culture" will improve.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I say burn it down. We have been one of the worst teams in the league and have had the same problems year after year (Poor player development, injuries to players, player motivation issues, etc.) there is nothing first class about this organization top to bottom so we might as well hit reset on the entire thing in hopes we stumble upon some area of hockey we actually can actually be excellent it rather than below average.

Reactions: CalBuckeyeRob

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I say burn it down. We have been one of the worst teams in the league and have had the same problems year after year (Poor player development, injuries to players, player motivation issues, etc.) there is nothing first class about this organization top to bottom so we might as well hit reset on the entire thing in hopes we stumble upon some area of hockey we actually can actually be excellent it rather than below average.
Agree. I hope the new leadership has zero connection to Columbus. I don't want to try and do the same things, but just a little better. The team needs new people that are not limited by the previous structure.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not exactly CBJ related, but I was curious as to some of the names of who might be available this off-season.

Wouldn't mind a few of those guys (Gallant, Pandolfo if we get Celebrinni 😂) but in all reality I think we're gonna roll with Vincent one more season and re-evaluate depending how this season plays out of.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I thought he'd been quoted previously saying he'd never coach anywhere else?
He's not going anywhere. It's just a pipedream for the rest of the league.

In an interview with The Athletic‘s Michael Russo, Waddell remained confident that the organization and Brind’Amour will come to an agreement on a extension prior to his contract expiration this coming June.

“We’re going to get it done,” Waddell told Russo. “I’m not worried about it. He wants to be a Hurricane for life.”

In the midst of an unprecedented year of coach turnover, the situation in Carolina with Brind’Amour has likely raised eyebrows amongst teams looking to fill a bench boss position.

“Rod and I talked today,” Waddell said about the contract negotiations. “I don’t ever bother him on game days, and he doesn’t want to be ever bothered on game days. He wants to try to win the hockey game. But we talked today, and I think we’re in a good place and we’ll get it done.”

In previous negotiations, the 53-year-old coach prioritized new deals for his coaching staff rather than himself — something Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported on the March 16 “Saturday Headlines” segment during Hockey Night in Canada might be holding up the process.

“I understand that remains one of the issues, he wants his assistant coaches to be taken care of and that’s what he’s waiting for before he signs on the dotted line,” Friedman said at the time.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I could see BrindAmour ending up in Seattle . They just fired their coach few days ago .. joining up with Francis

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm sorry Vincent but if Brind'Amour hits the market, I'm dropping Vincent and throwing the Brinks truck at Brind'Amour. The hiring would be a complete 180 from the debacle last off-season. Columbus has everything he's looking for both on a business and personal level(except the ties to Columbus). Young and upcoming team with a lot of talent and potential, not too dissimilar from the Carolina team he took over...

Yes I know it's really just a pipedream and even if he hits the market he's likely going elsewhere but still it would be a good opportunity to clean house from top to bottom as he'd likely want to bring a lot of his own staff as well.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I'm sorry Vincent but if Brind'Amour hits the market, I'm dropping Vincent and throwing the Brinks truck at Brind'Amour.
i'd expect CBJ to get heavily outbid, but the ideal dream scenario is Tulsky at GM and Brind'Amour as the HC with MacFarland as pres of hockey ops

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
i'd expect CBJ to get heavily outbid, but the ideal dream scenario is Tulsky at GM and Brind'Amour as the HC with MacFarland as pres of hockey ops

Obviously there are a lot more reasons why that won't happen, beyond the matter of bidding.

MacFarland and Brind'Amour would have to walk away from what seems to be their dream jobs to come here. Tulsky seems realistic to me.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Obviously there are a lot more reasons why that won't happen, beyond the matter of bidding.

MacFarland and Brind'Amour would have to walk away from what seems to be their dream jobs to come here. Tulsky seems realistic to me.
macfarland would be stepping away from a GM job for a president of hockey ops job in a place where he was an original employee, seems plenty realistic to me.

no way brind'amour leaves carolina imo. maybe a 1% chance someone like toronto throws a huge bag at him. he'd be my dream coaching hire here but yeah, definitely not happening.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
macfarland would be stepping away from a GM job for a president of hockey ops job in a place where he was an original employee, seems plenty realistic to me.

no way brind'amour leaves carolina imo. maybe a 1% chance someone like toronto throws a huge bag at him. he'd be my dream coaching hire here but yeah, definitely not happening.
Yup, McFarland has many friends and family still in Columbus , and the CBJ gave him his chance in the NHL when no one would .. He worked for our front office from nearly inception until 2015, and to come back with this prospect pool , as well as GM and President of the CBJ allows him to come back home , as well as advance his career . On the surface it would sound silly to leave Colorado to come to Columbus .. but life isn’t simple , or black and white in most cases

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
They are trying to get Sullivan to quit so they don't have to pay him the extension that hasn't kicked in yet. He needs to be like his buddy Torts and tell them "I'm not quitting, you're gonna have to fire me"

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
They are trying to get Sullivan to quit so they don't have to pay him the extension that hasn't kicked in yet. He needs to be like his buddy Torts and tell them "I'm not quitting, you're gonna have to fire me"
Well that case was more "we arent firing you, you're gonna have to quit"

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I love Pittsburgh becoming a trainwreck.

Yes, Sullivan has a 3 year extension about to kick in but it's not like he won't find a job if he did quit to replace that money. NJ would hire him immediately.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I'm hoping we get someone new. I couldn't tell you one thing that Vincent did this year that makes me want to keep him. You can show promise in down years, he did not.

This franchise needs a fresh start organizationally. It's time to burn it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: