Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
The other player I'd presume he'd like to fight especially at the Garden, would be Tom Wilson. We don't play the Caps again this season though
Nah I’m saying Ostapchuk is maybe going to be chasing Rempe around and I hope he tells him to eff off.

Reactions: egelband

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_9794.jpeg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tom Wilson only fights smaller guys.
How I'd critique Wilson is he can be a spot picker. He does sometimes fight legit guys. He tends to bail if things aren't going his way though. He doesn't like trading and getting belted in the face/head a bunch of times. Well, who does? Well Rempe and Deslauriers for two don't seem to mind that much. There's a kind of psychology it takes to just say f*** it. When Wilson fought Oleksiak (who is bigger) he came in from behind and already had his gloves off swinging before Oleksiak even had a chance to respond. A lot thought that was a big victory for him but I didn't think it was fair--kind of like when Kadri jumped Lindgren.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Got to admit the team plays with an edge when he is in the line up.. he might have some 3rd line upside if he works extremely hard.. he is the only one other than cuylie that finishes their checks every time.. refreshing.. we will see what the devils do in the next meet up in April.. reminds me of the devils crash line back in the day.. and no one int

Got to admit the team plays with an edge when he is in the line up.. he might have some 3rd line upside if he works extremely hard.. he is the only one other than cuylie that finishes their checks every time.. refreshing.. we will see what the devils do in the next meet up in April.. reminds me of the devils crash line back in the day.. and no one int
Had an answer for the crash li e

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Is anyone else concerned the rangers might ruin this kid. I have never seen a player have to look at the bench anytime things are going down on the ice.

I really hope the Rangers don’t make this kid soft. I understand he needs to be reeled in slightly but again just hope Rangers don’t have this kid second guessing everything he does

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Is anyone else concerned the rangers might ruin this kid. I have never seen a player have to look at the bench anytime things are going down on the ice.

I really hope the Rangers don’t make this kid soft. I understand he needs to be reeled in slightly but again just hope Rangers don’t have this kid second guessing everything he does
Nah - he'll be fine. They've just shortened his leash is all, doesn't mean the other team can't see his teeth...

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
This is a great example of how to misuse statistics to attribute them to the conclusion you want to make.
Oh, I forgot to add the disclaimer

“…….* not to be taken seriously ……”

My dry Aussie humour doesn’t cross time zones very well.

Reactions: Number 9

maskingagent

Oct 18, 2016
I love this kid. Its been a while since I saw such raw toughness and talent. I remember back in 1985 watching a Red Wing game and Dad told me to "look at this guy Probert??" , well now I get to witness another great in Rempe just in a much different era.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I was going to talk about his play last night but I don't want to bump threads for everybody else who struggled. :)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Controversial opinion evidently given the sentiment in here, but I don't think he's 'every game' playoffs ready as of yet.

Presence nonwithstanding, his line is too often hemmed into their own zone.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Controversial opinion evidently given the sentiment in here, but I don't think he's 'every game' playoffs ready as of yet.

Fair point, but by the time playoffs get here, him and Edstrom will have about doubled their NHL experience. I'm sure the coaches will evaluate and balance it as needed.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

He was stapled to the bench in the third, and we started scoring.
He’s an interesting talent, and has the potential to be a fan favorite, but the dude skates like a baby deer at times, and always goes for the hit instead of playing the puck, putting him out of position defensively.
He needs to work on his game significantly.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He has some of the worst agility I've seen at this level.

Fine in straight lines but once he has to turn at all he becomes incredibly ineffective. it's like having a bigger Goodrow out there and while his straight line speed is certainly better than Goodrow's, his short area quickness is objectively worse.

I'd rather play him than Goodrow but that isn't happening. if we're being real him at his current state is no better than a 13th forward in this league.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any chance he goes back to Hartford?

Playing 2 periods a game on most nights, is not gonna help his development. It’s not like he is a 25 year old minor leaguer. He is only 21. Still room to grow, I hope he stays here but only if he gets more than 11 minutes a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad