Matt Hendricks signs 1yr contract with Jets.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hendricks is a gamer and gives it his all. I appreciate that. But let's face it, his recent production is because he is playing with the most talented 4th liner in the NHL (Frenchy), and another very stickhandling and passing talented 4th liner in Armia. (too bad Armia has a soft shot and poor aim). When Frenchy moves up the lines, Hendricks offensive production will fall off again. Book it. I personally would still rather see any of Matthias, Dano or Lemieux most nights even though it messes with our third line center.

But as long as we keep piling up points, it is hard to criticize Maurice for not wanting to mess with lines that are working. I get that, so I ain't really complaining about it. Just sayin'.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Hendricks is a gamer and gives it his all. I appreciate that. But let's face it, his recent production is because he is playing with the most talented 4th liner in the NHL (Frenchy), and another very stickhandling and passing talented 4th liner in Armia. (too bad Armia has a soft shot and poor aim). When Frenchy moves up the lines, Hendricks offensive production will fall off again. Book it. I personally would still rather see any of Matthias, Dano or Lemieux most nights even though it messes with our third line center.

But as long as we keep piling up points, it is hard to criticize Maurice for not wanting to mess with lines that are working. I get that, so I ain't really complaining about it. Just sayin'.

Hendricks was able to do better than stay afloat before Armia and MP joined the line in terms of possession. I think everyone realizes he's not going to be a point per game player... no 4th liner is.

he's been adding to the team not subtracting as far as I can tell.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well, he can't be explained by Corsi (as per PoMo), and he isn't Kris Russell. What we have here is something alchemical: glue transformed into the purest win.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What are the odds the Cherry mentions Hendricks in coaches corner tonight?

Me thinks they are pretty high

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Although Hendricks was generous enough to get Perrault a point last night, because from my perspective his assist on Hendricks goal wasn't anything to special.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Although Hendricks was generous enough to get Perrault a point last night, because from my perspective his assist on Hendricks goal wasn't anything to special.

Zone entry was pretty darn good.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Probably all of it.

Isn't he one of the best players in the league at making teammates better?

I'm thinking everyone who's played with MP could probably toss him a couple shekels....

Over his career he’s somewhere near the top 10 in improving linemates in shot differentials (of those with 1000+ mins).

Linemate scoring per min I think is in 25-30th spot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad