Matt Hendricks signs 1yr contract with Jets.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
I can put up with this if it's a two-way deal, I guess.

But it's so unnecessary it makes me angry anyway.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Inb4 Chevy comment: 'Matt has been a player we've been targeting for some time now...'

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
All those saying we are going into the season without a fighter jinxed it.

If he gets regular ice-time and kicks out one of the young guys from the top-12, it makes the expansion draft trade all the more perplexing.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Guess there's the negative value, ancient AHLer who'll get a spot on the 4th line that will end up playing 5 minutes a night, all for the sake of "character and leadership".

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Am I the only guy who thinks he spends all year with the jets as the tough guy?

You are not the only one. If he is the 13th forward sitting in the pressbox that's fine (although many here were hoping/expecting Tanev to be in that role) but if he starts making into the lineup than that's bad. Considering Maurice's history, I am not sure why Chevy would even leave that as an option for him

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I suppose this is why Chevy gets criticized for moves seem useless.
It's puzzling

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If he gets regular ice time over someone like Petan I'll hate this signing, and I'll hate Maurice. If he is a depth guy who plays when injuries hit hard, I'm happy to have him here, instead of calling up Roslovic to play 4th line nhl minutes

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
All those saying we are going into the season without a fighter jinxed it.

If he gets regular ice-time and kicks out one of the young guys from the top-12, it makes the expansion draft trade all the more perplexing.

Meh

He is a 36 year old 6' middle weight that is a hugger, I doubt he is a regular.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can't wait till we run out a 4th line of Tanev - Hendriks - Petan/Dano/Armia and when the young player doesn't score somehow it will be all that young players fault.

If Hendriks isn't waived at start of year I guarantee he plays 50+ games. Sigh Chevy will always Chevy. It might be best longterm for the Jets to struggle this year and Chevy and Maurice get tossed out on their *****. This move isn't the reason, but rather the long string of moves proves they are just not very good at assembling rosters. They struggle to identify what they have, what they need.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Meh

He is a 36 year old 6' middle weight that is a hugger, I doubt he is a regular.

Pretty much my take. Most Oilers fans seem to have an appreciation of what he brought over the years. An old vet known for leadership and a 3 time Masterton nominee. Certainly seems like a TNSE signing. I wanted a vet signing for the bottom 6, but not who I would have chosen, but a guy you can stick in the PB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad