Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
He's undoubtedly earned a contract. He and Stepan deserve to be the top priorities, IMO. It's imperative that guys who thrive in this organization get retained.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think this negotiation is like a game of chicken since Zooks does not want to leave and Slats does not want him to leave. I just hope they get it done soon so us fans can relax about it.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Letting Zook go would be an unforgivable mistake for this franchise.

I don't see him as the player that is looking for an unfair or over-the-top payday. He has been one of our most consistent players, and works HARD every offseason/year to improve his weaker facets of his game.

He plays hard every night, is actually pretty tough, fearless, and is loved by everyone in the locker room.

If MSL goes, and they decide they want a 4th alternate captain again, I give it to Zook without thinking twice.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Wild fan here, also a big Zuccarello fan since I have seen his videos on YouTube from when he played for Modo.. I really hope you guys can find a way to hang on to him. I do not want to see him playing for a below average team for a bit more money instead of playing for NY where he seems very comfortable... unless he wants to dawn a Wild sweater...:sarcasm:

Don`t you og to Modo`s games? I know I would if I lived in örnskjöldsvik. You are Lucky dud. I have lived in Trollhättan and worked for Saab back in the 80s

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Gotta sign him before UFA day. Someone will throw huge money at him. When it's just him and NYR, there's leverage in his desire to stay here and in his not having a pile of money sitting there with another team's name on it.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I hope he is signed for at least 5 years....but also hope he does not have a NTC in the last 2-3 years of it in case we don't need him anymore and can use the money in other areas to shore up or maintain a decent line up since we SHOULD have some new kids ready to make an impression by then....bigger...younger...faster !

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
2/18/15 | 7:20PM: Darren Dreger reported on NBCSN that Mats Zuccarello is “going to want” more than $5 million per year on a new contract.

Dreger said that the Rangers are probably comfortable offering Zuccarello a term of five-years but he may want more than that.

Dreger’s complete comment on Zuccarello was, “well, Newport Sports reps Mats Zuccarello and the entourage was in Manhattan talking with the Rangers. Obviously Mats Zuccarello would be prime on their agenda and on their list of things to get done. This isn’t going to get done in season but Ranger fans shouldn’t be worried about Zuccarello being traded between now and March 2nd, he is too important to the team.”

Dreger added, “tough negotiation ahead, the Rangers are a cap team and how to do they fit him under the cap? He is going to want better than $5 million per year. The Rangers are probably comfortable on a five-year term but he might want more than that. There is a lot of heavy lifting ahead for Glen Sather and the management team of the Rangers.”

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...ar/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I remember the Dvorak comparisons for not wanting to pay him for '1 good season'. Good times.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
More than 5 per ? Im a big Zucc fan as any but more than even Im comfortable with. I genuinely hope thats the starting area and they'll settle around 4.7 x 5

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Im pretty sure that this is "agent talk", meaning that the agent starts "through the roof", while the club starts at rock bottom, and they'll work towards settling somewhere in between.

Personally, i would have thought that 4 - 4.5 for X amount of years (preferably 4+) to be an excellent contract for Zucc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad