Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Also Chris Drury and Brendan Morrow. Mike Ricci was a pretty good player who never went, as was Claude Lemuiex.
There's also some good defensive d-men who never went, for more obvious reasons

Lemiuex went in 91-92, Drury in 2006-7, Morrow in 2007-8, and Ricci in 92-93.

All only went once, however.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
And good calls by you. Surprised that none of them went, I thought they did.

Agreed, it is surprising. I think in Drury's case he was behind a lot of people in Colorado, and it looks like for 07-08 Briere got the nod over him at F and Campbell and Miller also went from that Buffalo team

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
hmmm, regarding Drury never being an All Star...

There was an auction for his "game worn" jersey in the 2000 - 2001 all star game.
There is/was a trading card auction for Drury with all star game embossing.

But yes, going through the information (Wiki, couple of other sites), they all say that he was never an all star. Weird stuff :)

That's because the All Star game was in Denver. The Avalanche team played with those patches all season long, like the Predators when the game was in Nashville

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc and Nielsen showing som love :)
smsimc.jpg

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
And two games without points, AV need to do something - we have 0 guys above 30 pts, none. :x):
I would like to see the Miller line back with Zucc & Grabner, and Zib & Buch back together. It`s too seldom that Zib & Zucc find each other, and I don`t know why.. Last time was in last year playoffs almost...

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
And two games without points, AV need to do something - we have 0 guys above 30 pts, none. :x):
I would like to see the Miller line back with Zucc & Grabner, and Zib & Buch back together. It`s too seldom that Zib & Zucc find each other, and I don`t know why.. Last time was in last year playoffs almost...
The minute AV put Nash with Zook I said Zooks would have problems. Once Nash was taken off Hayes line Hayes started scoring again as well. Put JT with Zooks but never put Nash with Zooks or JT. Nash plays a isolation game so his linemates get frozen out. Nash tries to force things throw 2-3 guys instead of passing to the open man. Keep Zooks with guys that play more of a team passing game.

Reactions: Ori

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Nash is just the worst player to put with someone who passes the puck into a open shooting lane. Just the worst. At this point, I feel that Rick Nash would be an absolutely fantastic 4th liner. Hangs onto the puck (doesn't know how to pass it along, but hey), strong body, occasionally dangerous.

Let the playmakers play with players who are able to get into the shooting lanes and put up points.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
The minute AV put Nash with Zook I said Zooks would have problems. Once Nash was taken off Hayes line Hayes started scoring again as well. Put JT with Zooks but never put Nash with Zooks or JT. Nash plays a isolation game so his linemates get frozen out. Nash tries to force things throw 2-3 guys instead of passing to the open man. Keep Zooks with guys that play more of a team passing game.
yeah, Nash has his "trademark" move.. IE, he goes coast to coast if he gets a hold of the puck early enough, pulls his "butt move".. and loses the puck to the opponent. The problem is that his trademark move seems like his only move, if he gets the puck on his stick, it rarely leaves it until an opponent pickpockets him.

Once every 500 times or so, he'll go coast to coast and manages to get by the defenders, netting him a world class goal. But the other 499 times it means a rush against, which is... unfortunate :)

Reactions: NickyFotiu

DundeeRanger

Jan 28, 2018
Be great to see him retire as a ranger . Fantastic servant to the club and a great playmaker . I think he works well with Kreider. Nash not so much.

The Rangers lost a lot of speed and production when Hagelin and Stepan were traded too.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
As a fan of this team for 34 years now, I've come to learn how the game works. You never get TOO attached to anyone on the roster. However it would truly break my heart to see Zucc in another jersey. Nash? Kreider? McDonagh? Staal? Hell, just about anyone BUT Zucc is tradeable in my eyes. His work ethic is what you want as an example to build around. Hopefully he stays put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad