Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
If his time as a Ranger is up, and it sure looks like it is, I just have to say that it's been a blast. His play with the polar bear on his chest in the 2010 Olympics is what made me a hockey fan, him becoming a Ranger made me a Rangers fan. The years he's had in your city probably did more for Norwegian hockey than all other Norwegian players combined (as far as the sport's popularity goes). I'm so happy I got to see him play at MSG.

Best of luck if you move on, Mats. I hope you tear it up wherever you go, except when you're playing the Rangers.

Last edited:

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I brought my Stadium Series Zuccarello jersey when I went to Norway just so I could get pictures in it in the fjords.

I love the little man.

teon

Nov 2, 2013
Selling hart and soul is the catalyst of the Dark Age. It is like CEO's increasing efficiency by sacking the receptionist.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Looks like he´s going. Been great following him for the Rangers. Can´t believe it´s close to 8 years since he signed with the club. A rough start under Torts, but man has he ever fought his battles, survived a very serious injury, and ended up as one of the leaders of this team, and a true fan favorite. For norwegian hockey this is just unbelievable.

Hopefully he will be traded to a contender where he can be an important player, and I would just love to see him hoist the cup. Nashville would be awesome.

But who knows; maybe they want to keep him, and even promote him to captain (if McD goes). He could be an important veteran to the young players that obviously now are coming. Trading all the leaders Nash, McD and Zucc are a pretty bold move....

Reactions: eco's bones

Guffawstev

Apr 26, 2012
But who knows; maybe they want to keep him, and even promote him to captain (if McD goes). He could be an important veteran to the young players that obviously now are coming. Trading all the leaders Nash, McD and Zucc are a pretty bold move....

Captain Staal is here ! :sarcasm:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d really want to keep Zucc, you can’t ice a team full of young guys and expect to do good, we need a veteran presence and Zucc can help the young guys with their all around game

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’d really want to keep Zucc, you can’t ice a team full of young guys and expect to do good, we need a veteran presence and Zucc can help the young guys with their all around game

You can sign guys for cheaper than what Zucc is making to do that.

Trade him ASAP.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

I agree but if some team offers one of the best already developing prospects and a late 1st, that would be a pretty tempting offer. But if the return is a late 2nd and meh prospect(s) I don't see the point.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
If his time as a Ranger is up, and it sure looks like it is, I just have to say that it's been a blast. His play with the polar bear on his chest in the 2010 Olympics is what made me a hockey fan, him becoming a Ranger made me a Rangers fan. The years he's had in your city probably did more for Norwegian hockey than all other Norwegian players combined (as far as the sport's popularity goes). I'm so happy I got to see him play at MSG.

Best of luck if you move on, Mats. I hope you tear it up wherever you go, except when you're playing the Rangers.
I was a hockey fan before that olympics, but I feel the same as you. I do want him to stay - both because he obviously love the Rangers, and because he he can help them transition and teach the youngsters how to be successful. But if he is traded, I hope it is out of the conference, and I hope it is to Nashville - if only to see him on the PP with Subban, Josi and Forsberg.

Reactions: teon

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017

If Zucc is traded, I'm going to really, really miss him. He's my favorite Ranger and I'd want him to be here his entire career. If other things are afoot and that isn't to happen, please, for the love of f***ing France, do not trade him to the flightless birds.

That said, hopefully there is plenty of value and picks to be had without needing to see Zucc depart.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
With Gorton in charge, this rebuild may take forever. (This is the guy who bought out Girardi and signed Smith - now playing in the AHL with an effective caphit near 7 million). Hope that Zuccarello don`t have to spend all his last years on a crappy team. As Go Away Staal wrote, but in a totally different perspective, trade him ASAP.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Zucc is traded, I'm going to really, really miss him. He's my favorite Ranger and I'd want him to be here his entire career. If other things are afoot and that isn't to happen, please, for the love of ****ing France, do not trade him to the flightless birds.

That said, hopefully there is plenty of value and picks to be had without needing to see Zucc depart.

And even more to be had if you do.

Reactions: jas

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
With Gorton in charge, this rebuild may take forever. (This is the guy who bought out Girardi and signed Smith - now playing in the AHL with an effective caphit near 7 million). Hope that Zuccarello don`t have to spend all his last years on a crappy team. As Go Away Staal wrote, but in a totally different perspective, trade him ASAP.
Girardi was an albatross and this is also the same guy who picked Lias and Chytil who are ppg in the ahl as two of the youngest players in the league

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
And even more to be had if you do.

Kreider should net the team a hefty return as well. One of the strongest players in the league, has never put his potential quite together, but another team could see an enormous upside.

I mean, if we are rebuilding Kreider will be past 30 before we are ready to compete again.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kreider should net the team a hefty return as well. One of the strongest players in the league, has never put his potential quite together, but another team could see an enormous upside.

I mean, if we are rebuilding Kreider will be past 30 before we are ready to compete again.

If you get a deal that makes sense, sure go ahead and make it.

The difference is, the clock isn't ticking on him. They can just as easily move him a year or 2 from now and still get a good return if they want to.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
.....the right move and I'd move Kreider. For instance he'd look great on Eichel's wing for their first rounder this year.

Zucc is for certain one of my favorite Rangers. OTOH Bennett is a guy that intrigues me--he's still only 21 and add a first and a good prospect and I think you'd have to do it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Nashville and St Louis would both be great spots for him.
For sure. Fabbro a first or Kostin and a first (does st louis have their first tho???) would be fair. would hope a little more since he has another year at very good cap hit.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I would move Kreider too for a good return, and he is not an elite player and never will be. And he go invisible for too long stretches for unknown reasons which I base my reasoning on, but for us right now he is an important power forward that we have sorely missed this season.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Invisible inconsistent or whatever, its not a coincidence that this team went into the tank after he went down.

He is wayyyyyy more important to this team than Zuccarello is, but that doesn't make him untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad