Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What does they are not positive mean? They have a 55.6 CF%, 57.5 xGF%, 56.2 SF% and a +5 penalty differential. Ah but they have a shooting % of 3.85 and a save % of 90.1% that must be it they are getting outscored despite completely dominating.
How’s this for a Corsi conundrum: The Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich unit has played 171:31 five-on-five with a very healthy attempts-rate of 55.7 percent. But the unit has combined to score only four full-strength goals while on for eight against, for a minus-four rating.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/04/rangers-hanging-onto-mika-zibanejads-positive-injury-news/

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Sounds like bad luck to me. I think some guys are Corsi warriors but can't score, but all three players are capable of scoring as seen by the PP. I think it's a fluke, nothing more.
I do not care about Corsi stats at all but I do believe they are a good line.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Sounds like bad luck to me. I think some guys are Corsi warriors but can't score, but all three players are capable of scoring as seen by the PP. I think it's a fluke, nothing more.
Well.. we know that they are more than capable of scoring. The goals will come, i am sure, the line looks good (in my opinion) :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well.. we know that they are more than capable of scoring. The goals will come, i am sure, the line looks good (in my opinion) :)

Didn't that line with DD score three even strength goals in one game against Florida? So either Zibby has been holding them back or they have had horrible luck.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yea so as expensive Brooks has no clue what he's talking about. Lol at calling it a "conundrum" and not simply calling it variance in shooting percentage.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Didn't that line with DD score three even strength goals in one game against Florida? So either Zibby has been holding them back or they have had horrible luck.

I remember that two of goals were primarily Kreider and Buch setting each other up. Not downplaying DD. He played well that game, I remember.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
yeah, i am going to go with "terrible luck" there i think :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I remember that two of goals were primarily Kreider and Buch setting each other up. Not downplaying DD. He played well that game, I remember.

I know, my point was that those guys scored with a downgrade at center, them not scoring with Zibby is just coincidence.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
If I remember right, he wasn't specifically referred to as being 'bad this year', but as being 'crappy'. Perhaps this was meant literally? Does Zucc have some aversion to using toilet paper that we haven't been made aware of? Seems more likely than our most consistent (if not flat out best) forward for the last two years being 'bad'.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Zucc is bad this year. Only leads the team in points.
Where is this narrative coming from (I definitely know not you)? Zucc is top-5 rel% among forwards in possession and xGF, leading scorer, and he's been playing in all situations this season. He's the one guy I literally never worry about because I know he'll show up every game and work his ass off

Reactions: NickyFotiu

member 116805

On pace for career PPG, and depending on how long Zib is out, also perhaps his 4th (?) year as the top point scorer on the team. Absolutely horrible

Jokes aside, that takeaway goal \m/

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Where is this narrative coming from (I definitely know not you)? Zucc is top-5 rel% among forwards in possession and xGF, leading scorer, and he's been playing in all situations this season. He's the one guy I literally never worry about because I know he'll show up every game and work his ass off
While a few folks actually say nonsense like that, I think SA16 was joking about other people's posts. Zooks reminds me of a pool toy. You can push it underwater all you want but sooner or later he rises to the top again. :D

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad