Waived: Mathieu Perreault Waived (Clears)

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think MTL should claim Sekera off waivers, not that he's good but with the potential of trading Kulak and the injury to Clague(who look awful btw) and Savard who doesn't seem like a guy ready to comeback, I wouldn't mind Sekera on the 3rd pairing.

Btw I find it odd that Dallas with only 7 defenceman right now with the injury to Heiskanen decide to put Sekera on waivers... Trade incoming?

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think MTL should claim Sekera off waivers, not that he's good but with the potential of trading Kulak and the injury to Clague(who look awful btw) and Savard who doesn't seem like a guy ready to comeback, I wouldn't mind Sekera on the 3rd pairing.

Btw I find it odd that Dallas with only 7 defenceman right now with the injury to Heiskanen decide to put Sekera on waivers... Trade incoming?
Or it showed how bad Sekera is now even if I like him when he was in hid prime. They keep Joel Hanley before him..

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Agreed, I posted the same thing in the waivers thread. The main reason I'd want to claim him is to avoid having to deplete Laval's D while they make a run for the playoffs. Once/if Harris signs, then we can simply just waive Sekera if needed.

He's fallen off a cliff the last couple years, but we just simply need some bodies for the last 20 games on D.

Reactions: EveryDay

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Or it showed how bad Sekera is now even if I like him when he was in hid prime. They keep Joel Hanley before him..
Or maybe they are getting rid of 1.5M before the trade deadline? Also rumor that NYR would like Radulov and that's another 6.25M.

Maybe they are targeting Petry?

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Trading Perreault while absorbing another contract, a scenario that could make sense?

Perreault for Turris/Richardson + (late round pick/prospect). Both Turris and Richardson are UFAs at the end of the season.

Maybe a bigger deal involving Kulak coud also be an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad