Waived: Mathieu Perreault Waived (Clears)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Dennis Bernstein on TSN690 now says that he doesn't think anyone would claim Perreault. And he can see this end with a contract termination if he clears.

IF this ends with a termination, that will open up another contract spot. That could also give Perreault the chance to sign with anyone as a UFA. And if he does before the deadline, he will be eligible to play in the playoffs for that team.
That’s something I didn’t thought about that could make a loot of sense

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
So far, i really like all moves by Hughes and Gorton. They are going to make amazing job for this team!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That’s something I didn’t thought about that could make a loot of sense

It could be something that will happen. But honestly, if it would end up with a contract termination, it would be Unconditional Waivers for Purpose of a Contract Termination.

So my guess is it won't end in a termination.

Reactions: Vachon23

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Dennis Bernstein on TSN690 now says that he doesn't think anyone would claim Perreault. And he can see this end with a contract termination if he clears.

IF this ends with a termination, that will open up another contract spot. That could also give Perreault the chance to sign with anyone as a UFA. And if he does before the deadline, he will be eligible to play in the playoffs for that team.

Why would Perreault terminate his contract?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Perreault would throw away 250k for nothing instead of going to Laval?
It could be something that will happen. But honestly, if it would end up with a contract termination, it would be Unconditional Waivers for Purpose of a Contract Termination.

So my guess is it won't end in a termination.
Yes it’s not like if he was costly, it wouldn’t change anything for others teams

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Zampa: His name? We shall call him … Zatara.

Dantes: Sounds fearsome!

Zampa: It means, driftwood.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I love this new management! Before I get hate, I’m all for Quebec born players. But keeping them for the sake of their last name helps no one in the organization win games.

Let’s go nee regime! New found hope!!!

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Actually Perreault at 1M/1yr was the only move that made lots of sense this summer. The biggest issue is, well, it was by far the best move.

Yeah I dont get the outcry on this thread for a move that was clearly intended to be a quick fix because of injuries/lack of depth. 1 year <1M, what were people expecting?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
They’d only proposition to terminate his contract if they absolutely needed the contract space between now and June 30th (or whenever it is FA starts).

Do we think that’s the case?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah I dont get the outcry on this thread for a move that was clearly intended to be a quick fix because of injuries/lack of depth. 1 year <1M, what were people expecting?
I mean it’s not the cap hit, the guy simply wasn’t capable of performing at NHL speeds. 1m or 5m it’s like whatever, he can’t skate or keep up so you might as well not play a man down.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Not really.. it happen during the season and they only sign for 1 yrs and less then 1m. A lot can be said on Bergevin but there was nothing wrong with this move

Nah still an useless signing. Bergevin brought more players to play on the PP but that's not what we needed overall. Lots of kids have proven that they could play over him in the lineup.

I would believe that Paquette at least bring something on a 4th line duty (but then again kids have been playing better). Perreault was already useless early on. I forgot he was even on the team until recently

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
If he clears, this will add value for a potential trade. Veteran that you can send down and call back when you need.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Nah still an useless signing. Bergevin brought more players to play on the PP but that's not what we needed overall. Lots of kids have proven that they could play over him in the lineup.

I would believe that Paquette at least bring something on a 4th line duty (but then again kids have been playing better). Perreault was already useless early on. I forgot he was even on the team until recently
Look I'm not here to defend Bergevin and surly not his last offseason that was TERRIBLE but Perreault signing was a no risk, he doesn't cost us anything when he's with Laval and I do think a team will trade for him when he will be in the minor to have depth and experience for the playoff

Reactions: Guillermo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad