Waived: Mathieu Perreault Waived (Clears)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting.

Thought we would have been able to get a pick for him, but not surprising we can't.

had a really good career, but is too slow to be effective in the new NHL after losing a step due to father time. Father time remains undefeated as they used to say in boxing.

Good news is, more players are getting healthy and we need the roster spot.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah, I don't quite get it, unless there are players that are ready to return and that I'm not aware of. He's legitimately better than a few of the players that skated against 'Zona, but, contract, and possibility to get rid of a contract. Also having him clear waivers may be useful for a team trading for him.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I wonder if we are waiving him because a team wants him for depth but not on their roster

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Interesting.

Thought we would have been able to get a pick for him, but not surprising we can't.

had a really good career, but is too slow to be effective in the new NHL after losing a step due to father time. Father time remains undefeated as they used to say in boxing.
Another "win" signing for our vaunted pro scouting team hired by Bozovin....:clap:

Whichever scout gave the ok that we should sign him should be fired on the spot. Actually, it should have happened years ago, but, you know, Bozovin.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I don't quite get it, unless there are players that are ready to return and that I'm not aware of. He's legitimately better than a few of the players that skated against 'Zona, but, contract, and possibility to get rid of a contract. Also having him clear waivers may be useful for a team trading for him.

Who is he better than?

They clearly tried to get a pick from a contending team and no one offered even a 7th. But he may get claimed on waivers.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Who would you play Perreault over that played last night?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Another "win" signing for our vaunted pro scouting team hired by Bozovin....

Whichever scout gave the ok that we should sign him should be fired on the spot. Actually, it should have happened years ago, but, you know, Bozovin.
To be honest, he was a good signing but injuries and medical problems slow down alote

Reactions: dralaf

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Who would you play Perreault over that played last night?
Well, that's hard to tell since Perreault himself played, but, Armia for sure. I'd certainly get rid of Hoffman and Gallagher before Perreault too. Not much difference between Dauphin and Perreault, and indeed, it seems Dauphin took his spot/made Perreault available (if he wasn't already).

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
But that's the point, they should have known this in the first place. It's not like no one saw it coming
Not really.. it happen during the season and they only sign for 1 yrs and less then 1m. A lot can be said on Bergevin but there was nothing wrong with this move

Reactions: Toene

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Could be that they need the roster spot because one team is about to dump its garbage on us in a trade... :dunno:

Reactions: 26Mats

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually Perreault at 1M/1yr was the only move that made lots of sense this summer. The biggest issue is, well, it was by far the best move.

Reactions: abo9

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Could be that they need the roster spot because one team is about to dump its garbage on us in a trade... :dunno:

Possibly, and that garbage may even be traded FOR Perreault (albeit waiver-cleared Perreault).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hope to see what Ylonen (and RHP) can do under MSL.

But priority right now is getting futures in trades before the TDL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dennis Bernstein on TSN690 now says that he doesn't think anyone would claim Perreault. And he can see this end with a contract termination if he clears.

IF this ends with a termination, that will open up another contract spot. That could also give Perreault the chance to sign with anyone as a UFA. And if he does before the deadline, he will be eligible to play in the playoffs for that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad