Confirmed with Link: Martinsen to Montreal for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If he wasn't traded I wanted him waived so if he turns out to be some sort of gem, great. We got him during Roy's phase where they thought they could take obscure big bodied Europesns and turn them into NHL players. He's a nice guy, I know the people that covered the team were sad to see him go, so if he can convince the brass up there to keep him in the NHL then good for him.

The best games he's ever seen Martinsen play? Out of how many? 3? LOL

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
If they were gonna sign Europeans then they should've tried another Jonas Holos type. A potential #4 dman, we don't have internal options for those guys on our team like other clubs do. Works out sometimes like with Zaitsev on Toronto. Why they went for the Martinsen or Everberg type I dunno.

Also those dmen would struggle in the NHL right away, they'd need at least half a season in the minors but they were worth signing more than 4th liners. That's the past though, hopefully actual picks like Boikov and Mironov can work now.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Martinsen does have puck skills and hands. He doesn't show them very often, and that makes him actually more frustrating when he disappears for 15 games, but they are there. I bet he looks great for 5 games in his new uni, and then Habs fans will forget he's even on the team for a while.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
I don't know whats more embarrassing...being an aves fan or posting as an aves fan among these boards. Some of you guys are so irrational and spiteful, what the hell? I hope Martenson finds his game in Montreal, succeeds and wins. Why wish the guy out of the league. Let Montreal fans be excited about it too, it's exciting to be a fan of a winning team...and it's exciting to acquire a new player that seems to fit well.

=/

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If they were gonna sign Europeans then they should've tried another Jonas Holos type. A potential #4 dman, we don't have internal options for those guys on our team like other clubs do. Works out sometimes like with Zaitsev on Toronto. Why they went for the Martinsen or Everberg type I dunno.

Also those dmen would struggle in the NHL right away, they'd need at least half a season in the minors but they were worth signing more than 4th liners. That's the past though, hopefully actual picks like Boikov and Mironov can work now.

Patrick Roy. He was clearly a Roy guy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't decide who I want to sit for him today. Too few scratches, too many bums.

It'll probably be Söderberg because of that pitiful defensive on the Scheifele goal.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Montreal has a system, Colorado has the illusion of one. You can't make passes if you have no co-ordination of where teammates are on the ice so can't judge the guy from here.

With that said, Mtl fans ALWAYS overrate their new acquisitions from the get-go but Martinsen's a 4th liner so doesn't matter a lot here. He won't be costing them games or winning them games.

We overrate our acquisitions? Geez, we had already named Bergevin one of the worst GM at deadline day for acquiring so many fillers instead of real needs....People on our board are ready to fire this GM so I don't see this "overrating" taking place. Though, everybody played well yesterday and people are happy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I can't decide who I want to sit for him today. Too few scratches, too many bums.

It'll probably be Söderberg because of that pitiful defensive on the Scheifele goal.

I'd like for Soderberg to get inflated minutes for the rest of the year. Put him at Centre with Mackinnon on the wing and see if he can get hot and maybe Vegas will bite at him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know whats more embarrassing...being an aves fan or posting as an aves fan among these boards. Some of you guys are so irrational and spiteful, what the hell? I hope Martenson finds his game in Montreal, succeeds and wins. Why wish the guy out of the league. Let Montreal fans be excited about it too, it's exciting to be a fan of a winning team...and it's exciting to acquire a new player that seems to fit well.

=/

They can. On their own board.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

=/

The birds board is that way...

Martinsen has no game to find. He's trash always was always will be.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Martinsen has one okay game with 0 points and Habs fans literally can't help themselves from coming in and gloating about it / our situation

Very impressive for such a historic franchise
To be fair, his pass should have been an assist lol

I'm a huge Andrighetto fan though so I really hope he plays well. I planned to watch the game tonight if I could but too many people showed up for the WWE PPV. How did he play?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Ghetto looked really out of place on that line with Rantanen and Duchene. I noticed those two a lot more than I saw him. Too early to tell though since everything was garbage offensively tonight.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What would you say would be a fair offer for Duchene?

Sergachev + what?

2 or 3 of McCarron, Scherbak, 2017 1st, 2018 1st. Though there's other teams that can put together more interesting packages; like Hanifin & Gauthier (or Roy+2nd), Chabot & Brown or White, McAvoy & Senyshyn & a pick.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Sergachev, McCarron/Sherback, 2018 1st

Sergachev, McCarron, Sherback

I would have made that trade, great for both teams IMO.

The first deal is fine by me. The 2018 first will likely be very late, but if the Habs want to push the first out to next year I'm OK with it if that gets the deal done.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
2017 or 2018 fine by me. Too bad we are not MB and Sakic.... See how easy that was.. why couldn't they get it done?

Either Bergevin utterly refused to put Sergachev on the table; someone else was telling Sakic that they'd put a young dmen of that caliber on the table if Joe waited until the offseason...probably one of those three I mentioned above; or Joe is just being Joe & not making a move until he's forced to see if a better offer will come in later.

My guess is a combination of all three: MB was hesitant about moving Serg++, Joe was hesitant about moving Dutchy before being forced to pull the trigger, and other teams intimating that they could be willing to better MTL's offer after the expansion draft this offseason.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
As I said before.....you might have been getting your new Marek Svatos. But let's wait to see if he can keep it up. Loved him in juniors. Knew he would be a NHL'er. Remains to be seen if he can keep it up and upgrade his game.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
10 times the player Martinsen is.

Well he surely have way more talent. And I really hope it works out for him and you guys. But let,s be a little patient. When we made the deal last year Matteau for Smith-Pelly....DSP also looked 10 times better that year. And look at him this year. Ghetto's challenge will be to be consistent. And when your team improves, as right now, it makes perfect sense to give him all the chance in the world to succeed, he will have to be better than the other options you will have. I hope he does succeed.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Well he surely have way more talent. And I really hope it works out for him and you guys. But let,s be a little patient. When we made the deal last year Matteau for Smith-Pelly....DSP also looked 10 times better that year. And look at him this year. Ghetto's challenge will be to be consistent. And when your team improves, as right now, it makes perfect sense to give him all the chance in the world to succeed, he will have to be better than the other options you will have. I hope he does succeed.

How about you go be patient on the Habs board?

I think Sven's looked good. He seems fast and has some puck skill. Hope we keep him around for a bit

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
How about you go be patient on the Habs board?

I think Sven's looked good. He seems fast and has some puck skill. Hope we keep him around for a bit

Ah okay, other members from other fanbases aren't welcome here? Sorry. Didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad