Confirmed with Link: Martinsen to Montreal for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I liked Martinsen but he is quite replaceable. Andrighetto has some upside. I suppose I am halfway between ambivalent and pleased here. Hopefully ghetto tears it up

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
By the way, don't go look but a little while ago Ryan Lambert wrote a disgrace of an article "rating" all the trades in which he said this was a good trade for us because Andrighetto is a reliable defender.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Habs fan here

What didn't you like about him?

I'm asking because so far he's been great, fast and solid as a rock.

He's dumb as can be and has no skill. Once every 30 games he'll make some nifty play that will make people wonder if maybe there's more to him but there isn't. It's a lucky play.

He's a decent skater and hits hard but there's nothing else to like. Horrendous in the D zone. Horrendous with the puck on his stick.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Always way behind the play as well, doesn't read the game at an NHL level. Every single hit he makes is like three seconds behind the play.

Yeah he's just really bad at hockey. He's the type of guy who may have a great forechecking shift which would make you think he's a great fourth line energy guy but then you'll quickly realize he doesn't possess the brain or ability to even be that. Showing hustle and being strong aren't enough to be an NHL'er and that's all he has.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
He's dumb as can be and has no skill. Once every 30 games he'll make some nifty play that will make people wonder if maybe there's more to him but there isn't. It's a lucky play.

He's a decent skater and hits hard but there's nothing else to like. Horrendous in the D zone. Horrendous with the puck on his stick.

Always way behind the play as well, doesn't read the game at an NHL level. Every single hit he makes is like three seconds behind the play.

Yeah he's just really bad at hockey. He's the type of guy who may have a great forechecking shift which would make you think he's a great fourth line energy guy but then you'll quickly realize he doesn't possess the brain or ability to even be that. Showing hustle and being strong aren't enough to be an NHL'er and that's all he has.

Alright thanks

I guess we'll see how he does in the next few games because tonight so far he's been one of our best player and he seems really fast

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Perhaps in a more structured system with a team that actually possesses the puck he could be a little effective. He is genuinely a terrifying forechecker, on a line with some stronger cycling players I could see his size and hitting ability working to some effect. We never really got the opportunity to see that here with the Avs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
"We'll do our best to get your visa put through ASAP."

Sven: "Take all the time you want, guys. Really, I mean it. No need to rush things and send me to the top of the list."

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
"We'll do our best to get your visa put through ASAP."

Sven: "Take all the time you want, guys. Really, I mean it. No need to rush things and send me to the top of the list."

Lol I sure as hell wouldn't be in any rush to come and play for this team. "Oh, you don't want to send me to San Antonio? Are you sure?"

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Martinsen looked great for the Habs tonight.

Not surprised in the least bit. The Habs got a gem of a player, avs were just too impatient with him and not giving him enough minutes favouring scrubs like Duchene/Landy who are clearly out of it. Martinsen has looked amazing the limited role with the avs. With good coaching he can be a 70, 80 maybe even 90 point player that's competing for an art ross. He's the total package, of speed, hits and skill.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Martinsen looked great for the Habs tonight.

Define great. He had a couple hits I bet.

Sven is going to look great here too because he can skate and will give a damn for the first few games, which will look like a gift from the heavens next to our morgue on ice but slowly he will have the soul sucked out of him like the rest.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Define great. He had a couple hits I bet.

Sven is going to look great here too because he can skate and will give a damn for the first few games, which will look like a gift from the heavens next to our morgue on ice but slowly he will have the soul sucked out of him like the rest.

And more.

Even the Rangers play by play commentators were impressed.

You guys really seem to hate the guy though :laugh:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Honeymoon phase I'm guessing...he looked solid here at first too but the hits will slow down (this happened last year before we sucked completely)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Honeymoon phase I'm guessing...he looked solid here at first too but the hits will slow down (this happened last year before we sucked completely)

Maybe so....but I read no puck skills at all? I,ve seen him made multiple plays tonight, awesome feeds that weren't there.....I mean can you really go from no puck skills to a great passer just because of a trade? I guess we'll see in the upcoming games.

Maybe he fits the category of a follower.....AVS do not have it easy right now....and clearly was not going to be the one who would take it on his shoulders.....but maybe in a winning environment, would show a little more. We'll see.

Good luck with Ghetto. I used to be a big fan of his in the Q. Wanted the Habs to draft him and we did. Couldn't get it going here but in his case, it may be because of the lack of good teamates and enough chances. Maybe with you, he will.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Maybe he have no skills but for his first game he send 2 guys alone with Lundqvist with solid pass, went on a semi breakaway + got the best 2 hits of the night.

Hope it will continue.

Wish good luck to Ghetto too!

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Martinsen has one okay game with 0 points and Habs fans literally can't help themselves from coming in and gloating about it / our situation

Very impressive for such a historic franchise

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Maybe so....but I read no puck skills at all? I,ve seen him made multiple plays tonight, awesome feeds that weren't there.....I mean can you really go from no puck skills to a great passer just because of a trade? I guess we'll see in the upcoming games.

Montreal has a system, Colorado has the illusion of one. You can't make passes if you have no co-ordination of where teammates are on the ice so can't judge the guy from here.

With that said, Mtl fans ALWAYS overrate their new acquisitions from the get-go but Martinsen's a 4th liner so doesn't matter a lot here. He won't be costing them games or winning them games.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Martinsen has one okay game with 0 points and Habs fans literally can't help themselves from coming in and gloating about it / our situation

Very impressive for such a historic franchise

Because for the first time in ages we had a 4th line that looked good, thanks to him and Ott :)

Notice I said 4th line.... my expectations are not higher than that with him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
And more.

Even the Rangers play by play commentators were impressed.

You guys really seem to hate the guy though :laugh:

We do and you will too. By the end of last season we considered him one of the worst players to wear an Avs jersey in recent memory. Then at the beginning of this year we were pumping his tires like crazy for the first 3 or 4 games. He played great. Then he becane Martinsen again. If he skates hard, hits and doesn't find himself in any situations where he has to make a real decision he'll be a fine fourth liner. Unfortunately you can't avoid being thrown into real situations forever in this league and he'll be exposed for what he is again very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad