Confirmed with Link: Martinsen to Montreal for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I like the trade. Martisen was a zero impact player at least in the regular season, the guy we get in return seems to have some potential.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm fine with this, but this is such a Bender move. This team is gonna be soft as butter next year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think this is a solid move for the Avs. No it's not a draft pick like a lot of people wanted the Avs to be getting today, but it's a prospect the Avs are high on and have been for a while, in the eyes of the Avs this is easily better then the 5th or 6th round pick we would've gotten instead.

This was a good move, Martinsen is basically useless and while Sven isn't by any means a surefire Top 6 NHLer down the road, he's still young and has shown good skill in the AHL at least, so he may have something to discover still in the NHL.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Аrpon Basu‏ @ArponBasu 16m16 minutes ago

Andreas Martinsen just referred to himself as a "really good bottom six player.". Not sure I've ever heard a player say that.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It'd be great if we kept Ghetto next year as an AHL guy/depth call up. We need more skill in San Antonio. But he probably only wants a 1 way deal.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
It'd be great if we kept Ghetto next year as an AHL guy/depth call up. We need more skill in San Antonio. But he probably only wants a 1 way deal.

This is Joe Sakic & Jared Bednar.

He'll come to Avs, show for a few games that he cares a little bit (until our culture seeps in), and be promoted to our top lines.

Think Nieto
Think Barberio

Hahahahaha ! Man, this club is SO lost.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know much about Sven, anyone want to enlighten me about his game? I do know he's a former Huskie though :D

AJ asked Sakic why he didn't just pick Sven up off of waivers and he said it wasn't the right move for the team. Nice answer!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Pretty happy about this move. Martinsen is a ECHL caliber player, Sven is 10 times the player he is. Even if Sven never amounts to anything more than a AHL player this is a win.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
A perfectly fine move on a day the Avs struggled to clear a bar buried a mile underground.

I think he has the ability to contribute more offense in the bottom 6, obviously they lose Marty's size and hitting.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Pretty happy about this move. Martinsen is a ECHL caliber player, Sven is 10 times the player he is. Even if Sven never amounts to anything more than a AHL player this is a win.

Sakic has said ok-spaghettio will be starting with the big team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think this is a solid move for the Avs. No it's not a draft pick like a lot of people wanted the Avs to be getting today, but it's a prospect the Avs are high on and have been for a while, in the eyes of the Avs this is easily better then the 5th or 6th round pick we would've gotten instead.

This was a good move, Martinsen is basically useless and while Sven isn't by any means a surefire Top 6 NHLer down the road, he's still young and has shown good skill in the AHL at least, so he may have something to discover still in the NHL.

We'll see if he stays longer than the next 5 weeks

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Just because he starts here doesn't mean down the road he becomes an AHLer. I'm not fully sold he can be an every day NHLer.

Assuming the Avs qualify him I can see him being a tweener/first call up type once the Avs have a roster that is solidly NHL players. Next season I could see him being in the NHL a fair bit just because of roster composition considerations (if he's here at all).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
People might have some legit complaints about Bednar but soft is absolutely not what he's after.

I think his obsession with Smith, him calling Goloubef an NHLer even though he's never stuck in the NHL, stripping McLeod of an A and benching him right off the bat and most the year, and now dealing Martinsen for Andrighetto says otherwise. I think this is telling of the kind of players he likes.

I think he's obsessed with a mechanical style of play that emphasizes positional play at the expense of physical play and emotion. He wants smaller players that can skate into the position he wants, rather than finish their checks. Doesn't matter that they're not very talented or capable of scoring at a rate that makes that style beneficial.

I think this has turned the team into more of a perimeter team than they should be. They don't shoot because they're too concerned with puck possession, they don't send enough bodies to the net to battle physically, and they don't finish their checks. They just skate with the puck and either turn it over or miss the net.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think his obsession with Smith, him calling Goloubef an NHLer even though he's never stuck in the NHL, stripping McLeod of an A and benching him right off the bat and most the year, and now dealing Martinsen for Andrighetto says otherwise. I think this is telling of the kind of players he likes.

I think he's obsessed with a mechanical style of play that emphasizes positional play at the expense of physical play and emotion. He wants smaller players that can skate into the position he wants, rather than finish their checks. Doesn't matter that they're not very talented or capable of scoring at a rate that makes that style beneficial.

I think this has turned the team into more of a perimeter team than they should be. They don't shoot because they're too concerned with puck possession, they don't send enough bodies to the net to battle physically, and they don't finish their checks. They just skate with the puck and either turn it over or miss the net.

They do those things because this team is full of lazy bums. The foundation of his system is the forecheck, you can't do that if you play soft.

Goloubef played the entirety of last season in the NHL so that's not an inaccurate statement. They loved Smith so much they waived him. McLeod was coming to the end of his time. Martinsen does jack crsp except for a hit once a week and he rarely made those highlight reel hits anymore. Those things don't mean anything though. He encourages Z to play physical is another. Size doesn't matter, it's how you play. We already have a great enough collection of big, slow and soft lazy bums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad