Waived: Martin Reway's contract terminated

Jul 6, 2016
So Reway is asking which # he should wear ?

Obviously he is healthy enough to play... He just wanted to escape North America, be closer to home, and have a better paycheck than in the AHL.

But I know nothing, of course....;) I am heartless, insensitive, etc....

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Obviously he is healthy enough to play... He just wanted to escape North America, be closer to home, and have a better paycheck than in the AHL.

Exactly, you did NOT know - don't need to pretend otherwise, you just felt the urge to do/say something to defend the suits you love. THAT's the reality.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

All of that may be true, but it may had been agreed upon between he and the Habs that he may not have what it takes to be an NHLer... at this time (or ever). I don’t know about him, but it wouldn’t be my dream to play in the AHL.

If he (and the Habs) saw that this would likely be an unobtainable goal, I can’t fault him for going closer to home, probably make more money and have less stress, both mental and physical. The physical aspect is important. I believe he will play fewer games, so less intense, and with the larger ice surface, he can find his game again.

Perhaps in a few years, the skill and conditioning will be at a level he needs it to be and his hunger as well. In the meantime, if he wasnt happy, this is better for everyone. He can go home to do his thing, and the team can invest both time and financial resources on player(s) who want to be in the AHL/NHL.

Exactly, you did NOT know - don't need to pretend otherwise, you just felt the urge to do/say something to defend the suits you love. THAT's the reality.

This as well :clap:

Reactions: ArsHabs

Jul 6, 2016

You want to have the last word...as usual... Have it. be my guest....

If you cannot see the obvious. Well.

Reway nor the Habs organisation never, ever said that Reway was not healthy enough to play or he had a serious condition that was stopping him to play again. He was contemplating his future in the Habs org, and how fast (if possible at all) it was for him to reach the NHL. He opted to go back home.

Good for him. and Good luck.

Jul 6, 2016
So, basically, he was homesick and wanted a better pay than with an AHL club.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I guess he'll be a lot happier playing in his country for more money. He just didn't struck me as a guy that really wanted to be in north america to begin with. Once he saw he wasn't getting back to his pre-illness level his head was already elsewhere.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
So, basically, he was homesick and wanted a better pay than with an AHL club.
This guy obviously does not know what is going on around him. At least he deleted pictures with Hawks or Kings hat from his Instagram. Comming back from Laval and put some stupid tags like “what number to choose” just shows he does not have any sense to understand to circumstances. He might left not for paycheck but because he didnt feel good or happy there overlooking fact that you are not in AHL to be “happy”. He is notorious weirdo. To his credit, he had these heart issues and there are some blury messages he didnt have exactly easy childhood. Still his behaviour is hardly understandable since the beginning of his senior carreer. I wish him to find himself and maybe become NHLer but its a long way ahead of him. Btw. 5 months ago he said he wouldn’t play for Bratislava because they owe money to players. They still owe them money and he is already there. Completely confused kid looking or maybe not looking how to be mature.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
the kid battled so hard to regain his health, i believe he ran out of stream to battle the way any young player does in the minors before a chance at success. If he had not gone though his health issues, i would be blasting him, but with what he went through, non of us can put any blame on him

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know why we didn't just let him go back without terminating his contract. If he can make more money and still develop elsewhere, why not let him do that? The most important thing now is him getting healthy/back in shape. It doesn't matter where he's playing as long he's getting in game shape and happy and healthy.
I'm not familiar with the intricacies of a pro contract but maybe a transfert to the KHL wasn't possible with his ELC ? I really don't know why they had to go with a complete termination.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm not familiar with the intricacies of a pro contract but maybe a transfert to the KHL wasn't possible with his ELC ? I really don't know why they had to go with a complete termination.

no they could easily have loaned him to the KHL, he would count against the 50 limit but we would still have been at 46 so enough room that it shouldn't have been a problem.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
no they could easily have loaned him to the KHL, he would count against the 50 limit but we would still have been at 46 so enough room that it shouldn't have been a problem.
There has to have been a deeper issue than him wanting to leave then. I guess we'll never know, unless Reway himself talks at some point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There has to have been a deeper issue than him wanting to leave then. I guess we'll never know, unless Reway himself talks at some point.

could be, I can't see them being worried over the 1 contract spot but maybe they felt if he turned it around they could work on bringing him back since we were the ones to draft, sign and work with him while he was ill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad