Waived: Martin Reway's contract terminated

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
They made him swallow a two-way deal? Impressive.

I'm thinking he would go back to Europe instead than go to the AHL though, that's probably in there.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Training camp will at least be interesting with a lot of young guys trying to win spots up front. Big Mac, Scherbak, Hudon, Ghetto, Lehkonen, Carr, Reway, DLR etc.. glad to see him signed, who knows how he'll end up doing in North America but it is definitely worth taking a chance on getting him signed.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Would be great to see him flourish in Montréal, but damn, we need to get rid of some undersized players.

I don't mind having one or two of them. It's not a problem when you can surround them. But we already have Gallagher. So there's one spot left for a small-ish player, IMO.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Glad to hear, although I can see this ending badly.

Can't see him playing in the AHL, so it's NHL or bust.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
No doubt, out-clause. He can go back to Europe and make multiples of what he would make in the AHL.

We don't know, maybe he's now willing to give it a try. Maybe he's got a little bit of money on the side and can afford to think long term.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We need to add skills. We added skills. Let's be careful with our expectations....but this is a very very good news that the team came to an agreement. There is like no bad news in this news here. Only good and refreshing. Would love to see him in the AHL if it's not working out....but if not, I guess the only important thing is to see him improve no matter where he goes if it doesn't work in the NHL.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Reway is probably the biggest wildcard in the organization. Good to get him over here to get a look at what he can do up close. I'm not expecting much, truthfully, but at least we'll get to see.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Would be great to see him flourish in Montréal, but damn, we need to get rid of some undersized players.

I don't mind having one or two of them. It's not a problem when you can surround them. But we already have Gallagher. So there's one spot left for a small-ish player, IMO.

Ummm, don't forget Little Davey.:sarcasm:

Mad Brills*

I hope this means no weise, but I still think weise wants to be back here.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Great signing. Under the right guidance he could be a good contributor for years to come starting with our abysmal powerplay. If you guys like Andrighetto, you'll like him even more if you give him the time to settle

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No doubt, out-clause. He can go back to Europe and make multiples of what he would make in the AHL.

It would make a lot of sense. I'm sure there are a lot of takers in Europe who will pay him multiples of the AHL salary. He might want to make a run at the habs though, and he communicated that he understands that the road to the NHL usually goes through the NHL club's farm team. We'll see.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Reway is probably the biggest wildcard in the organization. Good to get him over here to get a look at what he can do up close. I'm not expecting much, truthfully, but at least we'll get to see.

Both Lehkonen and Reway actually. Fun preseason ahead to Watch those 2. At least, we will start to know what they are all about in that NHL.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Really surprised, thought this kid was gone. Very good news. Next wayward sheep......Nygren.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Both Lehkonen and Reway actually. Fun preseason ahead to Watch those 2. At least, we will start to know what they are all about in that NHL.

Well I tag Reway more as a wildcard because of the attitude/coaching issues/team changing stuff that's followed him. They're both intriguing prospects for sure in terms of on-ice talent but Reway has that little asterisk for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad