Waived: Martin Reway's contract terminated

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Good Luck to Martin. Hope he fins something he can be passionate about the way he was passionate about hockey.

Jul 6, 2016
Well that's a shame.

Would you care to explain ?

Reway has decided to quit on the club - ONCE AGAIN... He might had possibly found out that he would never be able to play hockey at pro level, at least at NA Pro level. He might stll be good enough for Slovekia or Swiss league.

Was he receiving an AHL salary ? That might had been a reason if he can get paid way more playing closer to home.

Habs still have an abundance of smallish forwards to care about.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Reway has decided to quit on the club - ONCE AGAIN... He might had possibly found out that he would never be able to play hockey at pro level, at least at NA Pro level. He might stll be good enough for Slovekia or Swiss league.

Was he receiving an AHL salary ? That might had been a reason if he can get paid way more playing closer to home.

The kid had a serious health ailment.

I was pretty critical of him when he was just cocky but this is very understandable. Not management's fault and not his either.

Reactions: Peanut

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Geez man, open your eyes. The kid hasn't been able to bounce back from his hospitalization from a heart defect.

An insensitive, arbitrary and foolish post.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Sad to hear. Hopefully he can have a decent career in Europe or something and maybe one day make his way back to the organization.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Highly talented prospect that didn't turn out due to non-hockey related issues. That's a shame.

HF-Addict

Feb 26, 2004
And that's for whoever wanted to prove how great our prospect pool was and had the audacity to put Reway's name in that list.....Sucks for him. I'll say it again...that was a great pick. Was worth it. But he was always a long shot to make it EVEN before his illness. Good luck to him. Wish he goes back to his home and regains some confidence. Maybe later....

I also liked the Reway pick, too bad it didnt work out...but yeah, it also made me laugh seeing those lists with Reway on it to prove we have great prospects and draft well...every teams have their Reway and better.

Jul 6, 2016
Geez man, open your eyes. The kid hasn't been able to bounce back from his hospitalization from a heart defect.

An insensitive, arbitrary and foolish post.

It takes time to recover from the disease he has-had and the Habs were ready to live with his condition, putting him on the ice on part-time basis to start with.

So the Habs seemed that they would take their time with him and allowed him to play in Laval. They are not the ones kicking him out the door.

If Reway is not patient enough to go that route, that it HIS problem. I could understand that he is homesick too. He might think that he has a better chance to play more or to be paid better elsewhere, in another league, too.

We are just speculating. YOU and ME.

The Habs scouted him on frequent basis over his illness. They felt he could come back slowly into the groove. Doctors gave their green light to the player and the organisation. So, that tells me, the insensitive guy, that Reway health problems are curable and that he was on the right path to total recovery. If not, he would had stayed home and keep recovering.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I also liked the Reway pick, too bad it didnt work out...but yeah, it also made me laugh seeing those lists with Reway on it to prove we have great prospects and draft well...every teams have their Reway and better.

McCagg had his bombshell of an article today and I'll let him post it.....but he will tell you all about how Timmins is the best and beyond and that everybody who disagrees are just negative and that's the way it is. Fine article though. Nice research. AT least he's doing research compared to journalists who comes out with "Timmins sucks" and have no idea about picks. Yes, McCagg article is filled with excuses, and plenty of shortcuts that a Citizen from Montréal would be envious....I,ll let him post it and I'll give m 2 cents in there....I'll try to be as open minded as possible....I said, I,ll try.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It takes time to recover from the disease he has-had and the Habs were ready to live with his condition, putting him on the ice on part-time basis to start with.

So the Habs seemed that they would take their time with him and allowed him to play in Laval. They are not the ones kicking him out the door.

If Reway is not patient enough to go that route, that it HIS problem. I could undrestand that he is homesick too. He might think that he has a better chance to play more or to be paid better elsewhere, in another league, too.

We are just speculating. YOU and ME.

You're the one assuming it's his patience that's the problem, not his health or recovery. The last 2 are facts. The first is speculation based on, nothing?

Calling him a quitter is just wrong. The fact he even tried to come back to professional hockey says a great deal about his character and will to succeed. I doubt anyone else here will agree with your take on this.

Reactions: Medzaideva

Jul 6, 2016
McCagg had his bombshell of an article today and I'll let him post it.....but he will tell you all about how Timmins is the best and beyond and that everybody who disagrees are just negative and that's the way it is. Fine article though. Nice research. AT least he's doing research compared to journalists who comes out with "Timmins sucks" and have no idea about picks. Yes, McCagg article is filled with excuses, and plenty of shortcuts that a Citizen from Montréal would be envious....I,ll let him post it and I'll give m 2 cents in there....I'll try to be as open minded as possible....I said, I,ll try.

The only excuse I would give to TT is that very often his GM have traded potential good draft picks (if they would had picked wisely) - like last season's two second-rounders in the Shaw trade - and some bonafide blue chip prospects like McDonagh and Sergachev.

Jul 6, 2016
You're the one assuming it's his patience that's the problem, not his health or recovery. The last 2 are facts. The first is speculation based on, nothing?

Calling him a quitter is just wrong. The fact he even tried to come back to professional hockey says a great deal about his character and will to succeed. I doubt anyone else here will agree with your take on this.

You think Reway tried to make a comeback EVEN IF doctors would had not given him a green light to do so ? Do you really think the Habs would had given him that opportunity ? Come on !

I am willing to accept the fact that it would take more time to fully recover, if it is possible.

And if the guy has that much character, and he is really danger-free for his health and life, he would stick around for a while, and give himself a full season to make up his mind.

If it is dangerous, I fully acknowledge that and wish him the best for the rest of his life, outside pro hockey.

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Sucks and I guess the ECHL was out if he wanted to head back to Europe.
it isnt about echl or ahl. he just cant play at his own standard. even then he was better than the worst of laval he probably just want to go home and rest there think about his future and stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad