Prospect Info: Marner at the top of OHL scoring race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Marner thread continued the last thread is full.

Prospect Info: Mitch Marner - Takes on the OHL playoffs ‎(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
London has a lot of hard games remaining but it seems they have the firepower to mow down Erie and Barrie/Niagara.

London at the M-Cup should be a lot of fun to watch.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Marner is a really good hockey player.
While the jokes are fine, I'll just go with that statement :).

Only game 1, but still nothing bad about Marner and company getting that win. Once again he brought some darn good hockey and got the job done.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
What he's done since he had that "slow" start vs Owen Sound is actually insane. Hopefully he can put on that little bit of strength required and be up with us next year. I know people want to be cautious and what not, but I can easily see him challenging for the Calder. Yeah, he's not big, but his awareness, and edge work are truly elite, it is very rare for someone to land a clean check on him. In 3 years in the OHL in 27 playoff games he has 54 points and that includes 9 games as a 16 year old. Man, between him, Nylander, Rielly and our upcoming pick, I haven't been this excited in years. This is the rebuild I have been waiting for.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I don't understand the obsession on this board with comparing Marner with Strome , we never had a chance to draft him so who cares which one will be a better pro .

If people want to discuss whether MM was the right choice then we should discuss him as compared to Hanifin or whether we should have traded down .

MM's a hell of a talent and this draft looks like it'd going to fulfill the hype leading up to it so it's going to fun looking back and seeing how it pans out and who should have went where .

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
He had 1 point in the first two games (vs Owen Sound) in the playoffs, which means he has registered 10 goals, 18 assists, 28 points in his last 9 games. This is really the only way of describing it:
:jump: :banana: :hyper: :razz: :snide: :rolly: :propeller :5: :highclap:

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
He had 1 point in the first two games (vs Owen Sound) in the playoffs, which means he has registered 10 goals, 18 assists, 28 points in his last 9 games. This is really the only way of describing it:
:jump: :banana: :hyper: :razz: :snide: :rolly: :propeller :5: :highclap:

:amazed:

I love Nylander and Rielly, but Marner may very well be the best prospect we have ever drafted.

He's sensational and it's like he finds this new gear come clutch time (OHL playoffs, WJC game vs Finland). He will break 100 points in the NHL, not right away, but he will do it.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
God and I was starting to forget why I hate the main boards. Apparently Drouin is now a better prospect than Nylander too despite nobody wanting him at the TDL.

yea a guy no one would even offer a 3rd rd pick for is now a future star , what a joke

Last edited:

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hes always gonna lack size but he could be one of the most skilled players in the league one day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad