Marner and Nylander vs Horvat and Boeser

Marner and Nylander vs Boeser and Horvat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He is better defensively than anyone on this list, though.

Also he's tracking to crack 60 points this year.

I don't get how a guy that's been so good this year is getting bashed so hard.

Sometimes I question if certain fans have any sort of ability to evaluate hockey talent.

Horvat hasn't broken 50% CF in his entire career lmao, he's not good defensively. He tries hard and looks like he should be good at defense, but he gets buried at even strength.

He's doing better this season but Nylander's outperforming him against the same caliber of competition even though he's getting harder usage by zone starts.

Being gritty and playing PK =/= being good defensively at 50n5.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
yeah surely it has nothing to do with the leafs dusting them off twice in a row.

let us know when horvat gets 60pts...its his what 4th/5th try?

the leafs boys did it as rookies

leafs duo has this

You guys and your stats stats, higher points = better player mentality. Shaking my head right now. Just because a player had a solid rookie year over another player it doesent mean he is will be better for a long time, or a player that made the nhl quicker. Eg is Sergei samsonov vs joe Thornton’s rookie year. Justin Williams and gaborik first 4 seasons >>>>> sedins first 4 seasons.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
This is Horvat's first year getting leaned on as a go to guy, meaning he's gotten significantly more power play time and finally a winger with high end offensive potential. This notion that he's clearly the worst guy on the list is garbage, as of right now in terms of on ice value he's probably the best. He was the #1 centre on a team that was in a playoff position before he got injured.

Horvat likely tops out as a ~65 point two-way guy, that oozes intangibles. A guy that is an excellent #2 centre on a championship team. That's an extremely important player, he's obviously not as flashy as the previous 3 but he will just as effective if not more at actual ice hockey.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Horvat likely tops out as a ~65 point two-way guy, that oozes intangibles. A guy that is an excellent #2 centre on a championship team. That's an extremely important player, he's obviously not as flashy as the previous 3 but he will just as effective if not more at actual ice hockey.

I didnt know he is on a trade block

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Message when Horvat has a better season than Marner or Nylander rookie years, he's in year 4 and still hasn't.

Horvat this season

> Nylander, Marner's last season

We'll see how many more games Canucks will lose with him out. We were somehow in a wild-card spot

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Horvat this season

> Nylander, Marner's last season

We'll see how many more games Canucks will lose with him out. We were somehow in a wild-card spot

Without Horvat, they're going to struggle.
It doesn't bode well in the NHL losing your 1C.

member 105785

Horvat is a 1C? since when?

he said losing YOUR 1C, even if the argument is made that Horvat isn't a 1C, he's still 1C on the Canucks, even on an awful team someone has to be the 1C.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Great poll. Slight edge to Vancouvers duo because I think that Boeser is a monster

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
...my point clearly blew over your head, i was trying to say their point difference last year was 9 which imo is a pretty small gap

It didn't but you seem to highlight Horvat's current production but conveniently forget that he's in year 4 in the NHL, his rookie numbers were no where close to Nylander or Marner and the gap was quite big.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
It didn't but you seem to highlight Horvat's current production but conveniently forget that he's in year 4 in the NHL, his rookie numbers were no where close to Nylander or Marner and the gap was quite big.
horvat was also not given the offensive opportunity that was gifted to nylander, and was light years better than nylander defensively in his rookie season

also you seem to regard horvat as some old man but conveniently forget that hes only a year older than nylander...

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
horvat was also not given the offensive opportunity that was gifted to nylander, and was light years better than nylander defensively in his rookie season

also you seem to regard horvat as some old man but conveniently forget that hes only a year older than nylander...

What gift was this? I sure hope your not implying his success was fully do to Auston Matthews....Nylander had 13 points in 22 games on a Leaf team before Matthews or Marner that was much worse than Canucks team Horvat was on. No one is saying he's an old man, I'm simply making a point that his production is increasing but it wasn't very good to start.

farshi

Feb 28, 2012
What gift was this? I sure hope your not implying his success was fully do to Auston Matthews....Nylander had 13 points in 22 games on a Leaf team before Matthews or Marner that was much worse than Canucks team Horvat was on. No one is saying he's an old man, I'm simply making a point that his production is increasing but it wasn't very good to start.

much worse is a stretch. Last and third last respectively, 75pts 69pts.

toronto actually scored more goals that year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad