Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Probably be Woll and Scott next year. Will will have a year under his belt and will take around 60% of starts I imagine

There's a non zero chance Woll gets in NHL games during 2020-21.

But he's waiver exempt for the next 4 years after this one. They won't rush him

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We lose a year of waivers with him too right?

Not a total disaster. He was likely going to be in the ECHL next year anyways and it's not like we have another guy coming up. Kaskisuo and Woll can split again next year.
Not sure if the Raiders have their 4th overage spot available but is there some loophole way we could send him back for his overage year technically and not burn a year? lol

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I said him and Scott will start for Marlies no Kask not leafs

Yes. But if he develops well in the next 12 months, him getting a cup of coffee in 2021 isn't that outlandish.

He'll be 22, which is when goalies start to get a small taste of NHL action.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not sure if the Raiders have their 4th overage spot available but is there some loophole way we could send him back for his overage year technically and not burn a year? lol

Doesn't work that way, and there is only 3 OA spots in the CHL.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Doesn't work that way, and there is only 3 OA spots in the CHL.
Had the rule changed then?

OHL used to be that you could have 4 on the roster but only 3 can play in any given game. Some teams didnt carry a 4th if they had 3 good ones but there were a few that used to carry 4.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Had the rule changed then?

OHL used to be that you could have 4 on the roster but only 3 can play in any given game. Some teams didnt carry a 4th if they had 3 good ones but there were a few that used to carry 4.

You can carry four until a certain point, and I believe that time has passed.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
A hip issue with a goalie is uh oh.

I think his age is cause for optimism. The condition reported is basically increased friction within the joint due to poor articulation of the surfaces of the leg and pelvis. The concern here is very much a chronic one, and a preemptive surgery to smooth the joint leads to pretty normal long term function. It would be a different story if he were a bit older, because then you have a bunch of nasty scar tissue already built up and that makes the whole thing more traumatic and inflammatory and just generally worse.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Interesting PTO. He's having a big year in the ECHL after a couple mediocre AHL seasons in terms of production.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
SDA left yesterday's game with an injury and didn't return. One Petes fan is saying he took a slash and he looked at his finger. Another one is saying he went into the boards. Don't know for sure what happened though.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
SDA left yesterday's game with an injury and didn't return. One Petes fan is saying he took a slash and he looked at his finger. Another one is saying he went into the boards. Don't know for sure what happened though.

Maybe it was a slash so bad that he fell and went right into the boards. First guy in OHL history to suffer a severed finger, concussion and dislocated shoulder all in one sequence. Oof that would be so painful that he's probably pass out.

In all seriousness though, they probably just decided to play it safe. They were winning 3-1 at the time and it was at the end of the second period before the Christmas break. They were able to survive without him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Maybe it was a slash so bad that he fell and went right into the boards. First guy in OHL history to suffer a severed finger, concussion and dislocated shoulder all in one sequence. Oof that would be so painful that he's probably pass out.

In all seriousness though, they probably just decided to play it safe. They were winning 3-1 at the time and it was at the end of the second period before the Christmas break. They were able to survive without him.
Yeah it's good to be safe. Don't want him out tok long. He is having a great bounceback season.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Moore makes his coaching debut tonight. Sadly I might miss both the Leafs and Marlies games as I will be outside.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I was wondering today about Greenway. Since he's not breaking out like some hoped playing D, should we try and switch him to forward to let him see if he can do well up there. I know we still own his rights for 2 more years I think before we got to decide if we should sign him or not so idk how we'd do this.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I was wondering today about Greenway. Since he's not breaking out like some hoped playing D, should we try and switch him to forward to let him see if he can do well up there. I know we still own his rights for 2 more years I think before we got to decide if we should sign him or not so idk how we'd do this.
I was so excited when they drafted him. He had shown so much promise to that point.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Excited for the Marlie’s first game under Moore. Expect a bit of an adjustment period.

Also Brooks is back with the team. Wish he would have just practiced with the Marie’s to learn Moore’s system instead of being yoyo’ed up and down all week, but I get trying to get him paid too.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Also, really interested to see the new top powerplay unit tonight. Liljegren has no doubt earned the top quarterback slot, we’ll see if he gets it. Expecting a bit of an adjustment period under a new coach for them too, though the Marlies have looked poor for at least 2 weeks now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Petan-Brooks-Aberg
Agostino-Kossila-Bracco
Marchment-Elynuik-MacMaster
Wilson-Gaudet-Archibald

Marincin-Liljegren
Kivihalme-Lindgren
Harpur-Rubins

Woll

Kossila makes his season and Marlies debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad