Confirmed with Link: Markus Granlund to VAN for Hunter Shinkaruk

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

After watching his highlight package from last year, looks like he has some quick hands, a hell of a back hand and knows what to do in tight around the net. Not sure what he does away from the puck, but there's some solid skill to go along with a guy like Bennett who can get the puck to the net.

I really like this trade, just hope he's ok staying in the minors to develop further. Let him build some chemistry with Poirier

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

After watching his highlight package from last year, looks like he has some quick hands, a hell of a back hand and knows what to do in tight around the net. Not sure what he does away from the puck, but there's some solid skill to go along with a guy like Bennett who can get the puck to the net.

I really like this trade, just hope he's ok staying in the minors to develop further. Let him build some chemistry with Poirier

Since his defensive play is questionable I'd move one of Klimmer or Shink to the right side and play them together. Morgan is a better defensive player than Poirier and both Poirier/Shink can play a bit of a selfish game

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I agree. It's been stated over and over again that the wording was ambiguous and there were multiple GMs who would have done/were going to do the same. Feaster just happened to be the one who got caught for it. And he's a lawyer by trade.

But of course, anyone who wants to criticize Feaster, and by extension the Flames, will conveniently leave that part out.

Canuck board blames Weisbrod for it. It helps power the hate train.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

I admit I've not seen him much since his junior days, but man, re-watching that he's got some great hands in tight, heck of a release and a nose for the net. Good combo.

And this is LAST year, not this year where he's leading the team!

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
They were saying at the draft that Shinkaruk projects to be a Zach Parise type of player. If he gets anywhere near that...I'll be over the moon.
He's gritty and skilled, he'll be perfect with Bennett.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Honestly, I think Shinkaruk ends up as something similar to Raymond pre-back injury or Versteeg. And that's the high end.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I was just thinking about this and it made me laugh. I think there would be people rioting in the streets of Vancouver if this happened. Imagine if Vancouver had to send Granlund down to the AHL next season and the Flames picked him up off the waiver wire. :popcorn:

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Honestly, I think Shinkaruk ends up as something similar to Raymond pre-back injury or Versteeg. And that's the high end.

I'd be happy if he ends up with the production of Versteeg, hopefully he's not the same type of person as him though....

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
My only issue with Shinkaruk is he looks like Biff from Back to the Future.

He looks more like if Biff Tannen and Jake Busey made a baby

20340-23782.jpg

+
bttf1_biff-tannen.aspx

=

shinkaruk_hunter640.jpg

GFG

Oct 19, 2013
With this trade and that Rämö will likely be gone by next season if not already at the deadline, there won't be any Finns playing for the Flames :(
E: forgot that Rämö was injured, next season it is then.

I like this trade though.

Last edited:

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
With this trade and that Rämö will likely be gone by next season if not already at the deadline, there won't be any Finns playing for the Flames :(

I like this trade though.

You forgot about Laine. :naughty:

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Since his defensive play is questionable I'd move one of Klimmer or Shink to the right side and play them together. Morgan is a better defensive player than Poirier and both Poirier/Shink can play a bit of a selfish game

I was thinking of the exact same thing with regards to Shink going to the right side. He is a pure shooter and if he is going to have success at the NHL it will be scoring goals. If he reaches potential I think his best chance would be getting set up by Johnny. He also looks very good on his back hand so playing off wing shouldn't be hard to handle.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Still dont get this trade?

Especially for Nucks. Is it really that they just needed a bottom 6 to jump into lineup and lost faith in Shinkaruk?

Finn count on this team is making me sad right now... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad