Confirmed with Link: Markus Granlund to VAN for Hunter Shinkaruk

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
You guys just got ****ing SHinakruk, GREAT deal for you guys.

**** BENNING

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
per Elliote Friedman

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m1 minute ago

CAL has acquired Hunter Shinkaruk from VAN...

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 59s59 seconds ago

Granlund goes to VAN -- @AJonSports had it first

mod:

Elliotte's verified tweet:

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
You guys got a GREAT player, this guy really has been insane in Utica, doing it all himself.

**** YOU BENNING

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Not sure how I feel. Granlund may be a fringe NHHer, but we know he's that. Shinkaruk has work to do to reach that, but has a higher ceiling. Time will tell.

I guess we didn't need to draft him to get him. Shows all those people from that draft day

Reactions: uncleben

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They gave us a 2nd for Baertschi, we gave them a former 2nd for Shinkaruk. Baertschi for Shinkaruk in the end. Fair deal. ;)

Also, JurassicTunga, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I didn't want the convo happening in two places.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
They gave us a 2nd for Baertschi, we gave them a former 2nd for Shinkaruk. Baertschi for Shinkaruk in the end. Fair deal. ;)

Also, JurassicTunga, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I didn't want the convo happening in two places.

It's no problem :)

Interesting trade. Hopefully Shinkaruk takes off.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Didn't see that coming, pretty even across right now, will see in the next year or so if Shinkaruk can become an everyday NHLer for our second line.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I like it, lol, brings me back to when we drafted Poirier and Boomer on 960 lost his mind they didn't pick Shinkaruk.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013

Shinkaruk is going to be GREAT, trust me on this I have never been this pissed.

I hope he really makes us look like fools, I ****ing hate Benning.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Congrats guys. The guys on the Canucks board are losing their ****ing minds lol.

Living here, I'll miss Granlund...but Shinkaruk is a blue chip prospect so it's a solid move.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I think this is actually a pretty lateral move for us, at best

Really? At worst I see this as a lateral move. It looks relatively lateral right now, but Shinkaruk has a higher ceiling than Granlund does and if he keeps it together. It's too early to really judge this trade as a win/lose deal right now, IMO.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

Granlund will go play well with the twins. Unfortunately for him the Euro style really did not jive with the chemistry in the Flames locker room.

Shrinkaruk however is going to fit in great. I think the Flames win the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad